Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 261 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#9517 - 05/05/05 05:58 PM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
I know that's sad when that happens....

#9518 - 05/05/05 08:53 PM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
Anonymous
Unregistered

oh thanks for all the tremendous reponses..
to give birth i should simply drag a male onto a female (or the other way around) and wait till it says going indoors right?
but the fact is that.. it worked on my first game, but not anymore now.. i wonder what i've done wrong..

#9519 - 05/05/05 09:07 PM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
you know, that's funny.... I had the same problem. They would breed like rabbits in my first game, and run away screaming the second and third. I could never get that "Kiss" sound- only when the PDA was turned off would I get a baby!!

#9520 - 05/05/05 09:12 PM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Since these little villagers all have different personalities, likes, dislikes, and innate abilities, every game you play will be a little different. I have found that if you keep after them, they will breed. You may have to try a LOT, but they will breed.

#9521 - 05/05/05 09:36 PM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
When fertility tech is improved, plus some breeding skill, success at breeding should be much much easier.

#9522 - 05/06/05 12:34 PM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
chizz Offline

im the one who started this thread.. and i just registered for a user name..
so.. Hi everyone! (officially.. :P)

and yea.. they start breeding again! i wonder if its cuz i havent built the hut just then.. and the village without the hut has a max population of 6 ppl?

#9523 - 05/06/05 01:49 PM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Your village population can't exceed 7 villagers until they have finished construction on the first hut. The way to see if you need to build another hut is to try to breed two villagers and look for the message that appears. If it says "There isn't enough housing" that's an indication that they need another hut. You'll also get that message when you've reached the maximum population after the third hut is built.

#9524 - 05/07/05 12:16 AM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
I have mentioned somewhere else as well, that these little villagers have very definite personalities. You may find that Villager A likes Villager B, but Villager B always runs away from A. However, A may have more luck with C. Alternatively, you keep trying, it's almost like they learn more about each other by going on constant dates. You never know if you will get the kissy noises, get nothing, or running away.....or even result in a baby, but then that's the same in real life as well, right?

If I am trying to increase the population, I will keep at it until the mothers I want to be nursing do so. If I am not too bothered, I often just set the females I am happy to be off nursing for a while to breed mode, and let them do things at their own speed. It all comes down to the stage of the game that I am currently playing, and other players have different styles as well

Savi

#9525 - 05/07/05 09:16 AM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
chizz Offline

Thanks everyone! My game is working perfectly!
And I have a villager giving birth at the age of 79! Miracle!
But the funny thing was that, I made an 18 year old boy work on breeding, and just then when I got home, I saw all my female villagers pregnant, including the 79 year old.
Well, everything may happen in the game right.. haha

#9526 - 05/16/05 06:41 AM Re: Oldest age of giving birth?
EIJI Offline

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter