Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 357 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 19 of 22 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#75167 - 06/09/07 01:42 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: laurence]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: England, U.K
If i remember rightly i don't think you can change the name of your tribe.

#75168 - 06/09/07 01:43 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Keza132]
Keza132 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: England, U.K
The only you you could change the name is by starting a new game.

#75174 - 06/09/07 02:20 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Keza132]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I know. But if I restart, or start a new game, the original villagers'name change and I can't change the name of my new game!
It would be nice to have this possibility for VV3!

#75745 - 06/12/07 01:37 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: laurence]
momtothreeboys Offline

Loc: Oregon
There are so many GREAT ideas! I agree with a lot of them, but haven't had a chance to read them all... probably some repeats but here goes...

* Definately no more green sign, "There isn't enough housing to support more population". At least when they're past the age of "populating".

* A really big one for me, is a way to kill the villagers. That sounds awful, but how about you have to/can sacrifice to a volcano? There are some that just really tick me off! lol

* A new way for the builders to earn master and a way to tell by clicking on the hut if it's already in good repair. Love the hurricane idea that destroys the huts!

* Love the hunting idea! You would really have to weigh your options before sending out a hunting party.

* A way to keep track of twins as well as triplets. Quads and Quints?

* Definately a way to call your villagers to a certain area or being able to pick up a group of them at once instead of just one at a time.

* More esteemed elders even if they don't have totem poles. There isn't much reason to try and get them after you have everything.

* Loved the search for items! Definately keep that!

* How about being able to have more than one game running on the same computer at once? That way my family can have their own villages too.

* It would be nice to have some different weather. Maybe some rain, monsoon, hurricane, etc. The villagers could become sick or injured from being out in it!

* Different ethnicities would be cool.

* I think it would be nice to have easier to reach tech and other levels. Maybe 5 or 6 instead of 3? It's discouraging when they are so far apart.

* It would be nice to see some of the things that islanders like or dislike. Monkeys, bananas, and others are listed but never seen.

* The cemetery was disappointing in vv2 because it just filled up and that was it. It would be nice to be able to replace certain markers with special villagers or have a drop down menu that could bring up a list of all the villagers that have passed on.

* Having the option to turn off the sound! I usually have 3 or 4 windows open and am doing lots of things at once so it freaks me out when I check on the villagers and I have my sound on. I try to just turn off my speakers, but so many other things I need to listen to.

* How about a way to earn an unlimited population? If someone makes too many villagers then they would just have to deal with the consequences of not enough food or whatever.

* How about making it easier on the mom's and giving them more parenting points? It can be a lot of points and then the kids at 2-4 _bug_ their parents all the time and won't let them get any work done! lol More like real life that way but they can still get their "masters" in parenting. Oh! They could have to break up fights with the kids! I've never seen kids that didn't fight! lol

* More island events. It's nice to shake things up but they seem to happen so rarely.

* How about a nap time for the kids? They never slow down!

* How about a special reward for getting/training a villager to be a master in ALL the skills?

* pink and blue blankets would be nice.

* a bigger research table would be nice. It's hard for them all to fit sometimes!

* A leaderboard for triplets would be great! Maybe a leaster board for ALL the esteemed elders you've made, not just the first 50-53.

Well, that's "all" for now. If I think of anything else I'll be sure to put it in. lol ;\)

#76186 - 06/14/07 12:38 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: momtothreeboys]
Amaya's village Offline
Trainee

Loc: PA
I did post but when I read yours I liked some of the idesa I did not think about:
It would be nice to see some of the things that islanders like or dislike. Monkeys, bananas, and others are listed but never seen.( I would like to see them also - maybe a playful monkey doing some mayhem.)
How about a nap time for the kids? They never slow down! - yes and we know how cranky they get without naps! : )
pink and blue blankets would be nice. That was the only thing that I dislike about the game - wait two years to find out the sex of the baby?? -

#78651 - 07/06/07 11:29 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Waltham, Mass. USA
I've seen 4 different threads for ideas on VV3 and I'm disappointed in many of the posts. It seems there are many out there that just don't want to do anything.
Examples: All villagers have plenty to do already. People who want farmers to have more to farm and builders to have more to build(and so on) don't realize htat's part of what makes the game so good.
Collectbles and mushrooms as well. They should be earned. They shouldn't show on the map or some sort of chime/gong when they appear. That's part of the challenge.
As a matter of fact, I feel the game should let less items appear the longer you run your game.
Speaking of people who run their village for a long time(like myself), I feel the longer you run it, the harder it should be to maintain.
If I've been playing for a certain number of hours, make my villagers require more food to survive, or have negative events outweigh the positive.
IMO, The worst part of VVI was that my tribe could virtually survive forever without being monitored.
In VVII, I can go 5 days without monitoring them. While I am accomplishing my tasks, that's good but once all my tasks are complete, make it so that time becomes more frequent and I have to monitor more often.

So basicly, I loved both games but wanted more of a challenge. I want it harder not easier. If VV3 is easier, I won't find it fun.
I like everything pretty much as you designed it. If you want to add something, how about needing multiple villagers to accomplish things.

Examples: A builder builds 75% of the hospital before a doctor comes and does the last 25%.

Even better: A builder builds 60% of a food bin, a farmer builds the next 30%, and then a doctor builds for the last 10% as a final inspection. All percentages and villager combinations could be different so we don't know who to put on it when.

I do have more but I'm a 2 finger typer so my novel ends here.

#78658 - 07/07/07 12:04 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: karema]
K.A.M.I. Offline
Expert

Loc: in front of my computer
How aobut unlocking more stuff as you go???? Like skills and building types.And maybe there would be something where you discover a boat and your villagers unlock a new teck called boat building and another called ship driving or something. and then you could idscover like 3 other islands like your own but they're empty, except maybe 1 that has a handful of villagers from your orianal voyage in VV1 that got seperated en route.

#78794 - 07/07/07 11:25 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: momtothreeboys]
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Originally Posted By: momtothreeboys
* How about being able to have more than one game running on the same computer at once? That way my family can have their own villages too.

You can play up to 5 different villages. Menu/Change Tribe

Originally Posted By: momtothreeboys

* Having the option to turn off the sound! I usually have 3 or 4 windows open and am doing lots of things at once so it freaks me out when I check on the villagers and I have my sound on. I try to just turn off my speakers, but so many other things I need to listen to.

That option is already there too. Menu/Options

#78855 - 07/08/07 07:01 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: bajantara]
samcutie567 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: Bed Of Roses
Many Ideas!

Level 4 of techs :
Farming / Fishing
Science
Culture
Spirituality
Engineering
Fertility
Exploration
Medicine

Negative Happenings:
Volcano Eruption
Tsunami
Hurricane
Typhoon
Tornadoes
Global Warming

Tribe Leaders:
Master
Helpers

Trading:
Food
Tech Points

Talking

Exploring the First 2 islands

Harder Island Events:

More Modern

as we go to the Central Island

20 puzzles

500 max population

if all of our suggestions / ideas are there
maybe we can construct over 1,000MB
LDW Good Woork!

#79259 - 07/11/07 08:42 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: samcutie567]
leowomn Offline
Adviser

In VV1, there was a ceremony of sorts when someone died. That was missing in VV2. Please bring that back. It seems so cold not to have something.

Make it that someone dies of something other than old age, i.e. spider bite not healing, illness not treated fast enough, etc.

Have specific illnesses that need special stews to cure. Also make people sick more often; the other skills stay busy and healing skills will increase faster.

Fix it so that when someone is set on Doctor, they respond when someone sneezes rather than us having to find them.

About the stews- having most of them just for health (any good stew does that) is not challenging enough. Mark them for specific things (ties in with my 3rd suggestion).

All of my other thoughts have already been mentioned quite often.

Page 19 of 22 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter