Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 43 of 51 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7265 - 11/25/06 09:23 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

or maybe they are found on like the edge of the village,seeing how there was people in the cave they might have had animals too.And also if they came in a crate that would be a random event,not like level 4 farming

Edited by someone (11/25/06 09:23 AM)

#7266 - 11/25/06 10:25 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
fyrez Offline

Loc: Indiana
I'm thinking that goats or chickens coming ashore in crates is possible as they were often carried on ships and could survive on an island with very little extra effort but how would they ever raise enough food to support cattle? Also pigs were known to run wild on many tropical islands so it's possible to find a piglet or two and tame it.

#7267 - 11/26/06 04:04 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Yoyopeeps Offline
Trainee

Good idea JustAGirl! Ive thoght that in the past!

#7268 - 11/26/06 04:37 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Well, most animals originally ran wild until humans tamed them. It would make sense for them to already be there. Plus if a man can come to the island to trade medical tech in exchange for taking plant samples, why shouldn't a ship come by and trade live stock in exchange for fresh fruit and water?

www.jamisings.com

#7269 - 11/29/06 09:45 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Zylador Offline
Adviser

Quote:

How about if your villagers is in danger of food shortage they will work harder than they nomally do until they have enough foods

Actually, what the villagers do now is fine, since they work steadily until they have enough food to "fool around" (i.e. look at the rock, look at the ruins, push the boulder...) If you had little to no food, you'd want to conserve energy to keep your health, not work harder and use more energy, which would require more food to replenish.

#7270 - 12/01/06 10:30 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Foede Offline

Loc: Argentina,Buenos Aires
The only thing I think this game really needs, is something called KEYBOARD. Fox example, you are finishing your last hut, and you want everyone to work on it, so you drag everyone there, but after a while they will all come back to do their specialty, I mean watever they had marked, so you have to mark on each and everyone construction so they keep working there. Another example, some event emptied your food or made half the population sick, so you will have to change the specialty of a lot of people to adapt to the problem.

What I am asking for is to be able to use the left and right direction arrows to pass trought all the people and the up and down to switch the specialty. I also vote for selecting multiple villagers and using the keyboard to scroll trough the map.

Another suggestion is correlative skills, I mean that learning some skill, will help the villager with another similar skill. For example, if someone works a lot with building, he should at least improve a bit with research, or perhaps, farming with healing and/or breeding.

What do you guys think?

#7271 - 12/02/06 02:59 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
ire Offline

Was reading the forum and saw a post that asked about different weather situations, a friend of mine was playing her's one day and she had 3 people rain dance together at once and it did rain and all the willagers went into the school house, I hav enot yet been able to get 3 to rain dance together yet still trying though..lol

#7272 - 12/02/06 03:37 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
ire Offline

I have seen alot of people in the forums ask for a retail store to buy clothes? this is an island with a group of villagers that is very primitive ( they sure do have some fancy clothes ), did they actually have retail stores back then? And where would they get the money to buy them? No what they need and it would actually add more jobs to the list as some would like to see is to be able to hunt (deer and other such animals that existed in that time period) for some of there food and use the hides to make clothing as they did back then, that could add hunting as a skill (and as they improve at hunting they get better bows and arrows or spears to make the hunt more a success, which would add the job of having to make the bows or spears) and the making of the clothes would add another skill (and maybe some more fertile plots for plants to grow and harvest to get dyes for dyeing the hides) and trails going off to different parts of the islands for the hunters to use and maybe a few new things to find on the trails ( more events? or finding things to help the villagers) to show off to the villagers upon returning from the hunt. also maybe have a boat come by and offer beads and things to dress up the clothing in exchange for food. And I do like the idea of having the fires to cook on instead of just walking to a bin to eat which could add another skill of cooking. The possiblities are really endless and with all this maybe it would be enough to make a new sequel to the original one chapter #4 ?

#40193 - 12/09/06 10:41 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: ire]
CelticLark Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, Ca.
I'm new to the game and the forum and have completed all of the puzzles except for the boulder. Just got my GC. \:\) Anyways, throughout the game one thing really annoyed me. I would suggest that the kids and nursing mothers be able to do light labor like foraging and studying plants. In "olden days" (I'm assuming this game is taking place a few hundred years in the past), kids were taught at a young age to do simple things to help out like water crops and pick berries. Maybe at 5 years old or something. And a nursing mother would never take two years to sit around and stare at her baby. She'd be back to work ASAP. I can see limiting the labor for these two groups, but not cancelling it completely.

#40195 - 12/09/06 05:08 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: Jami]
someone Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Jami
Well, most animals originally ran wild until humans tamed them. It would make sense for them to already be there. Plus if a man can come to the island to trade medical tech in exchange for taking plant samples, why shouldn't a ship come by and trade live stock in exchange for fresh fruit and water?
because if ships knew how to get to isola the villagers wouldnt be stranded lol

Page 43 of 51 < 1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter