Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 20 of 51 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7035 - 08/31/06 12:03 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
I don't know if this is an event in the game yet, but maybe someone could find/invent fertilizer that would help decrease the amount of time between new crops and can also be used on the berry bush when it gets down to less then 500 berries.

And on that subject, when someone pours a vial out onto the sand, perhaps occastionally something can come from it. Like they pour it on a crab or oyster and suddenly they have a massive food supply or make them poisonous.

www.jamisings.com

#7036 - 08/31/06 07:22 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
JD13 Offline

Amazing ideas! I wasn't able to read them all so this might be a duplicate....the ability to give longer names to the villagers. This way we could give them last names of more than a few characters to help keep track of "families."

Would definitely love more options for the villagers to do, pets, those monkeys, etc. Would also like more consequences to happen w/o the popup events....like someone choosing to go swimming during a storm, eating some rotten fruit, etc.

Thanks.

#7037 - 08/31/06 10:58 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
I've decided I want to be able to punish villagers who refuse to do what I want. I have an adept builder who just won't clear up the blockage. He keeps making the trainie builder do it while he goes and stands by the well doing nothing. The blockage isn't getting cleared as fast as it should.

Also a way to save our tech points, villagers, etc incase we have to reinstall so we don't have to start completely over. I'm thinking I've got a problem that might require to reinstall. When I click on the blockage it won't tell me how much is cleared. I'd hate to have to start the game for the 100th time.

www.jamisings.com

#7038 - 09/01/06 01:14 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Tessath Offline

my first post!

Sorry if someone already suggested this. I have two suggestions, the first is a way to view all the villagers stats (maybe just the basics like if they are sick) on one page, instead of having to scroll through a lot of villagers. My second suggestion is that I would like a way to customize the villagers by choosing what the look like (in the beginning) or being able to change their hair or something like that (besides their clothes).

This is such a great game!!!

#7039 - 09/10/06 03:52 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Wontolla Offline
Trainee

Quote:

I have had two villagers of the same sex go "inside"... it's only happend once.. but it was a bit surprising!

I had something similar almost happen too. I was following an "embracing" woman around when to my surprise she walked over and made a pass at another woman! (The other woman ran away and the game told me they were the same gender. Hey don't tell me, tell the characters!)
I also think that once a couple have come to terms, they should "go inside" hand in hand or something. It doesn't really make sense for them to keep moving at their individual speeds and then the fast one leaves again before the slow one gets there.
"Sorry I'm late."
"It's okay, I started without you."

#7040 - 09/10/06 04:15 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
ROFLMAO. We should put that one up on a board of "funniest conversations"

#7041 - 09/11/06 02:50 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Jas Offline
Adviser

I think you guys have a really good game and I look forward to seeing many more versions or expansion packs. A lot of good ideas have already been suggested, but I would like to add a few.

-Add cooking. Have a villager sit down or bend over to stir a small pot over an open flame. Discovering fire could be a new event or gain with science. This should cut down on laundry duties. Bathing would also mean less laundry.

-Reduce the puzzles that the golden child solves. I would like to see the "moving the boulder" event happen when you have enough villagers performing the same action at the same time to accomplish the feat. Send a scout ahead through the cave to investigate as the end of the game.

-Make the treasure a special one time code for $5 off the next version of VV. Take it out of the puzzle list, but leave the clues.

#7042 - 09/12/06 01:38 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
profloobey Offline

I've been kind of disappointed in this game because the behaviors in so many respects are unrealistic and sexist.

For example, as some have mentioned, only women can care for the babies and that's all they can do for two years after having one! Excuse me! Even in so-called primitive societies, the work of child-rearing is shared, if not with the men, then at least among the women so that they can still be productive in other ways. Have you never heard the expression, "it takes a village to raise a child"?

Also, it is ridiculous that in order to reach the status of master or even adept parent all a male character has to do is go indoors a lot and inpregnate females. That's not being a parent. I feel male characters should not achieve ranks in parenting unless there is also a way for them to participate more in raising (not just making) babies.

The age at which people have babies is also laughable. They can't "go inside" until they are 18, but women are having babies without the aid of invitro well into their 60s. Give me a break!!! And the oldest women (and men) are the most sought after for mating. This is just ridiculous. Female characters should not be able to bear children after about 40. And they should be able to become sexually active earlier...about 16 would be more realistic and not too creepy. This sheepishness about teen sex seems especially silly considering the amount of incest that happens. If you are going to be puritanical, then you should have some way of tracking family trees and keeping fathers from having sex with daughters, and so on.

The whole, "These villagers are the same gender!" warning is questionable for the same reasons. Homosexuality exists. If you aren't going to be equally puritanical about incest, then you shouldn't prohibit homosexual contact. Probably the best thing would be to provide players with options. How realistic or clean do they want their sexual contact.

I'm also with the person who said they should hold hands on the way indoors. Otherwise, it's creepy--like they are sneaking around. Perhaps, given all the sleeping around, incest, etc., they should be sneaking, but I'd rather see villagers happily flaunting their love.

I realize the changes I suggest would take a lot of work and involve writing a lot of code and doing a lot of beta testing. Well, for what you are charging for the full version of this program, I feel you should put the work in.

As I said at the beginning, I find the current version very disappointing because of these sociological inconsistencies, and would not recommend it to any friends.

#7043 - 09/12/06 04:04 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Quote:

for what you are charging for the full version of this program, I feel you should put the work in.

Sheesh, you want the universe for $20 ????

#7044 - 09/15/06 04:43 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
CaliBrat Offline
Expert

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but come on now it is only a game. It is fun and entertaining for what it is, a game (ok I do admit that it's a highly adictive game). It isn't supposed to be a mirror image to real life. I for one am glad that on a whole it is a very simplistic style game without the violence, bloodshed and killing you find in most other games. Kudo's to the LDW team for creating a fun game that can be enjoyed by someone from almost any age group (as the poll has shown).

Page 20 of 51 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter