Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 175 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 38 of 51 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7215 - 10/25/06 02:21 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
everyone loves runners, so why couldn't they sometimes run together. the action could say "racing" and the other characters could be "cheering"

#7216 - 10/26/06 08:01 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

you know what i just realized i would love? a clock that tells me how far off the new year is!! I got trapped in the circle of life here, and all of my adults died off, leaving a village full of kids. Now, some of them are getting ready to come of age, but I don't know how far off that is!!! Its driving me insane(r).

#7217 - 10/30/06 04:49 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

If a villager is in a very weakened state (i.e. less than 10) they shouldn't initiate or accept a mating (don't make them run away... just have a "they are too weak for this" status like if they were sick.

I opened a game this morning that was on 2x speed. Many of my elderly villagers had died, including a doctor. Therefore I had lots of sick and weakened villagers.

I quickly started training new doctors and healed a few of the sick villagers, which also raised their "weakened" status. However, the GC called a party and the rest were "cured" but many were still very weak. (GC curing doesn't seem to change the level just change "sick" to "healthy", "elderly" or "weakened.")

But before I had a chance to stop it, a Master Stud Daddy found one of the elderly grandmoms and City started nursing a new baby at 71! The problem is that she also had a status bar of "empty" (was probably only a 1 or 2.) Since she won't go to the food bin to eat, it looks like she'll be very weak for the entire nursing period and might not make it to the end.

I needed to leave for work, but I didn't leave the game on pause, so I probably won't know how this will turn out. I was just feeling really bad for poor City.

I don't mind so much the child at the late stage, but if she is pending two years caring for the baby, she should at least also be able to care for herself or not have the baby if she it too weak to survive the entire two years.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#7218 - 11/01/06 11:32 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Not to be all politically correct, but although I love this game, the aspect of the leader of the tribe finding all the women just so he can have kids is driving me nuts. The game is rated E, and accurate or not, it's not really what I would consider E. I know that I can't allow my kids to play it because young minds are too inpressionable (not the best speller I think that once two islanders have gotten together-on their own- it should remain that way unless later on when one is playing and the tribe is on the brink of distinction, then the person playing can mate as they choose. But I'm sick of turning my game on to see a population explosion, all by one male villager. I mean come on. So can you pretty please consider it.

#7219 - 11/01/06 11:38 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
One suggestion is don't train a male to be a parent.

I know what you are saying, and it would be cool to have a marriage option, thereby once a couple goes to the love shack, they are considered married. This of course would add in making the game play a lot slower. That would be the down side.

#7220 - 11/01/06 11:48 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

explain to your children that they are going indoors to discuss the responsibilities of being a parent...if the person is responsible enough, they will be given a child to raise...if not, they will have to wait until they are more mature

#7221 - 11/01/06 11:49 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I know what you mean by the downside. Actually, I don't train the males to be parents. That's why it aggrevates me to no end when they go embracing the women. And it seems like they're always successful when they do. Oh well. I guess it's the price to pay for a fun game.

#7222 - 11/01/06 11:51 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

they won't try if they haven't learned how...it seems like even using them once is enough for them to learn that particular "skill"

#7223 - 11/01/06 11:52 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
A villager should never embrace another villager unless they have at least some skill in breeding. If "untrained" villagers are embracing in your game, I'd like to know about that...I've never seen it in any of my testing/playing.

#7224 - 11/01/06 12:10 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Yes I've had three back to back cases of one of my males embracing without any skill level or training whatsoever. Each time a successful attempt. I had another male who died a couple of days ago, but during his time, he also had no skill or training in parenting. He would be researching, and suddenly just stop what he was doing and start embracing, he was never successful though.

As for the male I'm referring to now, although he has embraced and fathered three children, his parenting bar never goes up. It's still shows nothing. It's rather bizarre. Then again, his "mother" was the one who I mentioned in another post who ran away from thin air.

Page 38 of 51 < 1 2 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter