Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 17 of 22 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 >
Topic Options
#71544 - 05/03/07 04:56 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Zia]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: Zia
Maybe when the couple goes into the "love house" it can be a toss up or a choice of who (the man or woman) does the caring for the baby.

That's great idea I think. Even if credit for washing the baby, etc is incorporated into parenting skills this could work out. Instead of 'nursing a baby' it could be called 'nuturing a baby' or just 'caring for a baby'.

#72179 - 05/08/07 03:13 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
AlaBamaKnitter Offline

For those of us that run more than one village it would be real helful if there was something on each screen that tells us which village we are in.

#72252 - 05/09/07 04:03 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
KYHrsLvr Offline

A school, more huts (90 in those few is weird), domesticate some native animals. Once a child picks something up once then that child automatically picks that object up after that. When a Master teaches the children then they gain some knowledge in that Masters area. More for the builders to do. Build a school, fence and barn for animals, benches, larger food bin, dock to fish off of. A larger area, my 90 villagers are very very crowded and with that many people and 50 totems it is way too crowded. More food sources, berry bush, hunting for small game (wild boar) and birds (doves, quail, pheasent) and maybe some sort of deer/antelope. I am sure that I forgot something but if so I'll post it later lol

#72253 - 05/09/07 04:07 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: KYHrsLvr]
KYHrsLvr Offline

For those of us with more than one village the name of the village somewhere on the screen would be nice. Day and night. A daycare and whoever watches the children gets parenting experience. Instead of untrained it should say, for example, untrained farmer.

#72323 - 05/10/07 03:58 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: KYHrsLvr]
Laurelshere Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: MD

Someone has already probaby suggested this. I looked at some of the older posts. Can you make the villagers speak besides saying No and Uh Uh? They show no emotion and they do not speak like real people. The children laugh but the adults never do.

#72588 - 05/13/07 12:37 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Topper]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
I would like to see a leader board for triplets. A screen saver and to be able to record the games. Pherhaps even play on line with other players, in competition as to for example who gets the highest food, or tech points or makes the most babies. or best screenn shots. Could even make a prize competition. With score boaards for on line games.

#72591 - 05/13/07 01:20 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: colourmehappy]
McKittyKat55 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: America's Dairyland
I agree with Laurel, although sometimes their action says "Complaining," "Praising", etc. I think you should be able to select the gender of baby's and for the clothes you should earn tech points to also buy new patterns and colors for your villagers. Other than that I'm fine. \:\)

#72713 - 05/14/07 09:31 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: McKittyKat55]
Mayabird Offline

This'll probably be long and rambling, and I apologize ahead of time.

It occurred to me that there are three zones still left on Isola for future gameplay - (1) the north shore, (2) the eastern shore, and (3) the island interior. I'll be detailing my most extensive idea of how VV3 could work, which is probably too expansive but what the hey, I say.

(1) The North Shore - VV3 could act as a standalone game with this section. The southern and western villages build boats, trade with each other, travel, fish, and generally have some back story as an excuse for a small boat of people traveling from one village to the other to get blown off course in a storm and land on the north shore. The north shore will be much like the southern and western shores at the beginning of their games - a partly built village with a scientist's table, food bin, one building, etc. It's the starting point for people just starting out playing these games who may have never even seen VV1 and VV2, plus the continuation (and possible ending) of the storyline of the original inhabitants of Isola and their magical artifacts.

Why are they on the north shore? The anti-magic parents of the western shore abandoned their children a good long while before the couple from the south shore fell in. As evidence, I present the overgrown gong display, the vines grown over their message, and the bedraggled children. Tofo had been gone for a while and they had started to run out of food and even forget what happened to their parents (only "one child" remembers something vaguely about what happened, as per the message when you first get a parent to tell a story in VV2). They had plenty of time to go south and find that village, but they didn't, as evidenced by the couple not knowing a thing about it. They were going after that village, but perhaps didn't know where exactly they were and sailed north.

(2) This can be a continuation of part 1 and/or an expansion of VV1 and VV2. Remember the boats? Some people might want to settle the eastern end and now they can sail around there. In the first two games, at a certain point (after all the puzzles are completed, perhaps) the villagers could use their now bored builders and their piling tech points to build a dock and boats. [To keep the villages from meeting early, they can only go to another village with a dock. That way you can't be cheap and send over twenty masters and a pile of food to the starting other village.] Some villagers, a pile of food, maybe even a pile of tech points (when you lose tools in events, you lose tech points, so if you take tools you should be able to take the points), and a boat or two to go east.

Here's what I would think would be cool for the eastern shore: there's nothing there. Yes, there's a beach and trees and maybe a stream, but there's no village. No food bin, no hut, no research table, nothing. EVERYTHING has to be built from the ground up, like a real colony. In Easy mode, they could receive periodic shipments of food and maybe new people. In Hard mode, they're surviving by their wits alone. On the other hand, it would mean that you could pick where you wanted everything. Place the huts, the food bin, decide where you're going to reroute the stream to irrigate land for crops, and whatever else they have. Even if you don't have VV1 or VV2, the village of the north shore could send a boat down.

I'll split off the last part into a new post.

#72717 - 05/14/07 09:46 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Mayabird]
Mayabird Offline

Continued from my previous post. Sorry about being so long-winded.

(3) Isola is a big island. It has fresh water, both in groundwater and flowing streams. A body of land must be pretty large in order to have supplies of fresh water; otherwise, rain falling on the island would just wash off directly into the ocean. (Why did people drink coconut milk on all those tropical islands? It was often the only source of fresh water they had.)

So there's plenty of room for a large, mysterious interior as the island seems to have. In the end-game time of VV1-3, along with boats, the villagers could form exploration parties into the interior. What could they find? Ruins from the original inhabitants, the lost villagers who've disappeared/been kidnapped/went crazy and ran into the woods, strange creatures, abandoned mines, extensive cave systems, crashed helicopters...there's much more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. This could be the real end of the trilogy, when the villagers have enough of a surplus to send people with lots of food into the interior to rediscover the lost civilization or rescue the kidnapped children or restore the ruins or at least answer all those crazy mysterious questions about the island.

That could be quite a task. Micromanaging villagers on all four coasts so they can send food and tech points around so select villagers can be sent into the interior to uncover the ancient ruins. It's probably too much to ask for and I'm not demanding that the whole thing be made, but whatever good ideas are there, please use if you want them.

#72953 - 05/17/07 07:32 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
poorold Offline

I love VV 1 & 2. Ideas for VV3 -
Have potters, metal workers etc.
How about a shark or 2 or maybe a snake?
A 'graduation' when children leave school at 14.
Boat building, building a wharf
Maybe a storm that requires rebuilding/repair of buildings.
Perhaps not all villagers white skinned.
Bandages for injured villagers who visited hospital.
Lazy villagers could be put into a 'training area' or punished until they behave.
More clothing/hairstyle choices
An enclosure for a cow or hens.
It would be good to be able to explore other parts of the island - maybe find jewels or gold.
No violence
No more Golden Child
I just love this game.

Page 17 of 22 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter