I have one more suggestion. There is a reward system for most of things that the villagers do.Like when a mushroom is picked up food is increased,when a collective item is picked up if you already have the object tech points are added. I think some kind of reward should go to anything productive that a villager does.Like if they do the laundry there should be points for that. I even think there should be points for parenting simply because they nurse for so long. And a lot of my women carry babies all the time until they turn 50. And by that age they start to slow down and they can't become elders or masters in much at all.
There are a lot of great ideas but I would hope that everyone remembers that they are Survivors to a new Island.And we can see their clothing also is getting a little ragged.I think that they should be true to thier plight.
So far they discover only the things that can be on an island that there seems to be no one other than themselves on.
Unless there is islander tribes that they know nothing about.
Surely electricity wouldn't be found without certain elements for it.And since they were all young when they were stranded there they wouldn't have that much skill.It would just have to be simple things. Even if there is scientist and they are learning skills they wouldn't be that advanced for electric.
I just think it is more realalistic the way it was created.
I love the game and even though I believe in virtues, patience just isn't one of mine at least not when it comes to things that excite me.If you think I'm acting like a kid. Yeah! I agree. I can hardly wait for the 3rd one.