Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 22 of 51 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7055 - 09/21/06 09:05 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
blalockm Offline
Trainee

Oh, I posted this in the events thread. I would like to see more events, more often. Good golly it's long and far between events. When the villagers are well fed, have enough population and basically are just working on tech points that seem to take FOREVER to build, it's just well, boring. I'd like to see something happening at least once an hour or so.

#7056 - 09/22/06 02:36 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I wonder if they could make it so you could choose how often the events occur. It could still be random, but be able to choose High, Medium or Low occurance. I love the game, but once I beat it there that so-what-do-i-do-now sigh. If I could choose to have events occur more often, then I would be able to continue enjoying my game, instead of getting bored waiting for people to die.

The other thing I would lvoe to see is for kids to "learn" to pick mushrooms ocassionally. After being dragged and dropped a time or three, they could have learned to pick the things kind of at random. If they were relatively near the area where the mushroom pops up, they would pick it, without the almost-never-present-at-the-right-time hand of god having to help them find it.

#7057 - 09/22/06 07:00 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
blalockm Offline
Trainee

Quote:

I wonder if they could make it so you could choose how often the events occur. It could still be random, but be able to choose High, Medium or Low occurance. I love the game, but once I beat it there that so-what-do-i-do-now sigh. If I could choose to have events occur more often, then I would be able to continue enjoying my game, instead of getting bored waiting for people to die.

The other thing I would lvoe to see is for kids to "learn" to pick mushrooms ocassionally. After being dragged and dropped a time or three, they could have learned to pick the things kind of at random. If they were relatively near the area where the mushroom pops up, they would pick it, without the almost-never-present-at-the-right-time hand of god having to help them find it.

I really LIKE that idea about the events! That would be awesome.

I also think it would be cool if the children who pick the mushrooms gain a little farming skill.

#7058 - 09/23/06 06:28 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Rayhne Offline
Adviser

For events, have a choice in the Options like speed of play.

None: no events
Low: event every 40-50 years
Medium: event every 20-30 years
High: event every 5-15 years
Random: totally random. An event may happen one time and then two years later and then not again for 30 years, etc.

#7059 - 09/23/06 06:32 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned,but there could be a way to see all of the families,something like a family tree(it's really confusing if you have 90 people)

#7060 - 09/23/06 08:39 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I've seen an adult with "teaching" as their activity, but no kids around...

A couple of ways that this can be improved:

1) Anytime the school drum is hit, there is also a "Master" who comes to the school to "teach."

2) If a "Master" gets a "teaching" activity, he/she should find a child or trainee with the same field checked and spend some time trying to "teach" that other villager. (Like a Doctor finds someone to heal.) If the teaching is successful (it might not always be) the student gains a little bit more skill.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#7061 - 09/23/06 09:00 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
DariaMcBee Offline
Adviser

Loc: Dallas
I didn't read all of these entries, so I'm sorry if I'm reapeating. Here are my thoughts:

-More music variety (I have to turn my speakers down now, because the songs play in my head 24/7. But I do love the music score - I would just like more of it.)
-Details on characters at the bottom of the screen (somehow), or at least put the "done" button at the right side of the screen (vs. left side), or have the ability to press the enter key on the keyboard, so I am not moving my mouse around so much. (Wrist hurts from scanning around the island and in the details windows.)
-I would like the family tree capability, too, as others have suggested.
-More distinquished characters, so the old guys are not trying to hit on the teenagers.
-More area on the island to investigate.
-Retail stores for shoppping.
-I like someone else's idea of taking a group on a boat to another island so you can start a new game, and then possibly the two groups could interact?
-Larger characters, so we can see them better.

#7062 - 09/23/06 09:26 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Quote:

-Larger characters, so we can see them better.

Ummm... at the current size, 90 people take up almost all the screen real estate as it is.

#7063 - 09/23/06 11:29 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Some more ideas:

I just had terrible event hit one of my villages. The Measles caused all of my kids to get sick (and that villiage had a lot of kids!) The kids all were going to the "clinic" area and I found one of my doctors to start healing them. I started grabbing other adults that were nearby and used them as "aides" whether they had healing traing or not. I cured a few kids when the PITA GC decided to call a party! Poof! all the kids were instantly healed! I would rather make the attempt to find ways to help the kids myself and not rely on the sure thing. The events come so infrequently that I felt frustrated that it became a non-event within seconds.

So my suggestion is that the partying doesn't cure everyone (in fact at the rate the parties occur, they should be getting sicvker, not better!) and add my vote for more frequent events.

A similar "non-event" was when the typhoon destroyed all of my food. With the CG creating food, restoring crops and replenshing the berry bush, my villagers weren't hungry for too long.

Another suggestion has to do with Builders and Fixing Huts. One of things that villagers still do after all the puzzles are solved is fixing their huts. But there doesn't seem to be any consequence to them not doing so (or at least I haven't noticed any...)

The huts should have a status field that we can see. As time goes on, the huts should need more repair that only a bulider can provide. If a hut falls below a certain level, then the villagers should start getting sick (as they crowd in other huts are are subjected to the elements.) If a hut falls too low, then it is destroyed and must be rebuilt, or the villagers that the hut supports will die. And if you insist, the CG can help with repairs (on very infrequent occasions!)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#7064 - 09/24/06 01:56 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
bananarama Offline

Don't know if anyone has said this... but you should make the elderly look elderly.

Page 22 of 51 < 1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter