Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 367 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 31 of 51 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7145 - 10/16/06 08:50 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

Quote:

Why? The object of the game isn't to have as many people as possible DIE???

i dunno,i just think it's unfair that when you just start the game you have a first place.And anyway people wouldn't actually try because they would lose tons of villagers..

#7146 - 10/17/06 12:45 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I got this idea replying to a poast in another thread.

The graveyard is a nice thing, for the first 50 villagers. But for those of us who play much longer than that, it kind of becomes useless. I have two ideas.

A)After 50 gravestones are full, a memorial wall could be built. In the game it would be nothing more than a graphic of a plain wall, but when clicked it would have a running list of all villagers (and ages) who died after the graveyard is filled up.

B) Add an additional building, linked to spirituality techs. The building would be a mausoleum, so that after the grave yard is filled up, the villagers are put into the mausoleum, and are recorded onto the wall of the mausoleum (see idea A).

I've killed a lot of characters. My graveyard has been maxed out for quite some time in one of my older games. Unless I remember to check my log, I have no record of who passed or how long they lived. I would love to be able to keep track of it.

#7147 - 10/17/06 05:08 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

I find it weird that if a mom is nursing and she dies, the baby dies too.Maybe the father could start taking care of the baby after she dies?

#7148 - 10/17/06 05:17 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

I find it weird that if a mom is nursing and she dies, the baby dies too.Maybe the father could start taking care of the baby after she dies?

Well, is she breastfeeding? They don't have animals to provide milk, so daddies can't help there. Neither can mommies who don't have babies.

#7149 - 10/17/06 05:22 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

well a baby could survive off water couldn't they?

#7150 - 10/17/06 05:24 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

No, they couldn't live off water for very long.

If anything, I'd have the game so that another nursing mother could take the child and care for it. Possibly have both kids weaker when they reach 2 because they've gotten less food. No other nursing mothers and you're out of luck.

Edited by Tzigone (10/17/06 05:26 PM)

#7151 - 10/17/06 05:25 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

i have another idea(i have way to many ideas!)maybe for the crops patch you could choose what type of plant to grow.like they would all have advantages and disadvantages.one seed could make alot of food but takes alot of time to grow,and another could grow fast but doesnt make much food.it would help when the berry bush is depleted and your crops are still growing because oyu could use the fast seed for emergencies,and the big seed for when you have enough foood to wait.

#7152 - 10/17/06 05:27 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

Quote:

Quote:

No, they couldn't live off water for very long.

If anything, I'd have the game so that another nursing mother could take the child and care for it. Possibly have both kids weaker when they reach 2 because they've gotten less food. No other nursing mothers and you're out of luck.

ya i guess it could work that way...and since we're talking about babies right now,when a mother has the baby why cant she have another one while she's carrying the baby still?i mean in real life its not like you cant have another baby until one of them is at a certain age..

#7153 - 10/17/06 05:32 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

ya i guess it could work that way...and since we're talking about babies right now,when a mother has the baby why cant she have another one while she's carrying the baby still?i mean in real life its not like you cant have another baby until one of them is at a certain age..

True, but the game is going to more simplistic than real life. Plus babies close together is bad for mother's health. And I think conception might be less likely while breastfeeding, but that might be an old wive's tale.

How about an event that allows you to get a nanny goat? They provide milk. They also eat, so there's a tradeoff. Or you could kill it for meat. And they get old and die, too.

#7154 - 10/17/06 05:32 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
RockLobster Offline
Trainee

I just asked this in another post, but it would be nice to be able to monitor the genealogy of the villagers. Y'know, to be able to create a family tree?

Page 31 of 51 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter