Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 397 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 24 of 51 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7075 - 09/24/06 03:07 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
DariaMcBee Offline
Adviser

Loc: Dallas
"Ummm... at the current size, 90 people take up almost all the screen real estate as it is."

k

#7076 - 09/24/06 04:46 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Rayhne Offline
Adviser

I'd like to see added options to relax, teach, tell a story, etc. Now that I have all the skills, the GC, tons of food, I'd like to put my Elders out to pasture. After all the hard work they've put in, I'd like to have them relax but they just keep on working!

I also think that once a female villager has hit 'elderly' they should no longer be able to breed.

#7077 - 09/24/06 06:05 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
One way to help the elderly retire right now, is to set them as doctors.. make sure they get at least one notch of knowledge... they'll tend to wander around and chat and relax, and only now and then go back to "learn" more medicine

#7078 - 09/24/06 06:15 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Tabbeh Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ze isle of Isola
This might have already been suggested...but how about making the graveyard so that when it was full and someone died, let's say this person's name was Tau, instead of having no grave, the first person in the graveyard--let's call them Ulu--would be deleted and there would be room for Tau, then when someone else died the second person would be deleted, and so on. There could also be an option to have your "origionals" preserved and never deleted, or to simply stick with the "old" graveyard.

#7079 - 09/24/06 06:19 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Tabbeh Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ze isle of Isola
Quote:

I think I'd like to see just a little more risk to the game. Right now we can pretty much count on a VV living until ~70 years old. Some of the events create some problems, but an occasional drowning, boulder falling on a builder, snake bite, etc. with an event to tell the player what happened might make the game more challenging. Of course not to any children, (because losing the other twin for the sake of the birth of the GC was pretty traumatic)

Yeah I know, how about an "ER" style emergency now and then--you know, like a sickness that could only be solved by a master doctor or something.

#7080 - 09/24/06 10:08 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
someone Offline
Adviser

To make things easier,beside the bar where it shows how good a villager is in a skill(trainee,adept,master) it could say something like x amount of experience until adept...this would make things alot easier because you acctually know how close someone is to becoming a master or something.You would also have to find out how much experience doing something gives you(something like getting a fish gives 5 experience for farming and a crab gives 10 experience for farming.

#7081 - 09/25/06 03:40 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
VV2 should have the choice of either you starting it as a stand-alone or accessing your village information from VV1 and start with your current villagers - causing the GC to either grow up or die in the process since everyone hates him. That would also allow you to take half of your currently stored food and half your tech points to give you a better start.

www.jamisings.com

#7082 - 09/25/06 04:29 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
bananarama Offline

Quote:

I also think that once a female villager has hit 'elderly' they should no longer be able to breed.

Um, probably not for me. Before I only had one elderly lady and like, 4 men. That would terrible if she couldn't breed!

#7083 - 09/25/06 02:47 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Quote:

Quote:

Um, probably not for me. Before I only had one elderly lady and like, 4 men. That would terrible if she couldn't breed!

Well a few times when I've had no women one of the men would find a crate with a "giggling infant" which would turn out to be a girl. Maybe the same thing can happen if the women are too old to breed.

www.jamisings.com

#7084 - 09/25/06 04:31 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
kristy723 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Read this entire thread and all the ideas are excellent! I especially am for a cut off age at which the women can have babies and for allowing nursing moms to be able to do some jobs like in real life....and have the dads help out too. :]

I didn't see this one addressed and it's really not a biggie but....

As we can change the villagers' names and use names not in the game, it would be nice if there was some way, when one picks a name not in the game code, that it gets added to the avaialable names given to the babies.

Page 24 of 51 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter