Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 25 of 51 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7085 - 09/25/06 08:46 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
brinasue77 Offline

i couldn't get my elderly woman to concieve at all. i had to wait till my child was old enough to have babies. i wish that they had more initiave to do what they are skilled to do. builders automaticly do builder things and so on. i also wish the ppl concieved on their own.

#7086 - 09/25/06 10:02 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Be careful what you wish for! They DO conceive on their own after they gain enough breeding skill

#7087 - 09/25/06 10:36 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Yeah, I was sitting watching and one of my women just grabbed a guy. I was like "No, stop!" - but then I checked, and he wasn't a relative (I know it doesn't matter, but for fun in that game no one was allowed to breed with their parent, sibling or half-sibling). Plus I had three others nursing babies already. And I only had 30 people. She didn't have that much breeding skill, either. I wondered if a fairly high level of food might have contribued.

I like the idea of adding names to the selection. I would also like a way not to get repeat names.

#7088 - 09/26/06 12:42 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Rayhne Offline
Adviser

More characetrs allowed for names.

More information when you click a villager and the white circle is around, especially age.

#7089 - 09/27/06 10:21 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
AnthonyK Offline
Trainee

Loc: Northeast PA
I didn't read every post here, so pardon if this was mentioned before...

My suggestion is to let you roam about the map with the keyboard or perhaps moving the mouse to the edge of the screen.. The dragging to get to the opposite side of the island gets monotonous. Also, this would help when your tryign to keep an eye on what a villager is doing (ie. selected) and still be able to scroll around the screen to check on the others or spot those elusive mushrooms.

I love the screensaver idea though. That would be pretty awesome.

Note: Wanted to mention that I am a windows user, not a palm or mac user.

#7090 - 09/27/06 10:29 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

GC should have hairs I mean have you ever seen 5 year old child with no hairs

#7091 - 09/27/06 11:57 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
AnthonyK Offline
Trainee

Quote:

GC should have hairs I mean have you ever seen 5 year old child with no hairs

When the term "golden child" is brought up, most people think of the tibetan monks and the belief that a child prodigy will come save the world. So, yes, there are many bald children if they are the "golden child".

#7092 - 09/27/06 02:01 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
kristy723 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:

When the term "golden child" is brought up, most people think of the tibetan monks and the belief that a child prodigy will come save the world.

LOL! I'm a Tibetan Buddhist and I can't stand the GC.

Never heard that belief though about a 'golden child'. Perhaps a 'golden child' that is extremely enlightened, but not a savior. No saviors in Buddhism. Just an FYI.

I would hope a Buddhist GC would have more compassion and wisdom than the one in VV and not just make parties. I've had GC's that don't do anything really helpful at all like restoring the crops, multiplying the berries, etc. All they do is chase butterflies, make parties and dance.

I do agree that the GC is VV does look very much like a young Buddhist monk. But Buddhist nuns look the same way too.

#7093 - 09/27/06 07:57 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
lucresten Offline

THIS IS MY FIRST POST!!
And wow am I thrilled by the work that you guys at LDW have done! I'm also extremely grateful to everyone who has posted anything on here...even the negative things. This has to be one of the most positive, pleasing things that I've come across (Virtual Villagers that is).

Now..in response to the three previous posts: Could the "Golden Child" possibly be an alliteration to the movie "The Golden Child" with Eddie Murphy? Thats what the lil critter seems to remind me of. (I've only completed 5 puzzles but i've ready almost every single post and review because I JUST couldn't resist!!!)

Anyway though, I must say this is one of the best and most creative games I've ever played and I am a die hard gamer!! it is very refreshing and for all of those who say they were disappointed and cheated...please! You can barely go to the movies (2 persons) for less than $20 and thats at the most 3 hours. And even THATS hit or miss. You never know if you're going to truly like the movie or not.
As one person said before, it is truly just a game, that the majority of us are fully enjoying and benefiting from! I LOVE IT! And I can't wait for VV2!!

golden.boy golden.boy@tmo.blackberry.net

#7094 - 09/27/06 11:57 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
AnthonyK Offline
Trainee

i never meant it was real, I jsut said that's what most people think of due to Hollywood and the movie named The Golden Child.

Page 25 of 51 < 1 2 ... 23 24 25 26 27 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter