Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 19 of 51 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7025 - 08/29/06 01:12 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

the crab will move around making it harder for kid to catch but catching them will get you more food than mushroom

#7026 - 08/29/06 09:42 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Sjarko Offline
Trainee

hey i got somthing for the honir the dead idea,maybe that if u dont do it once a day(game time,also for the night day idea)ghosts can haunt your village and make some of ur vilagers less healthy,sick,afraid for something,rot some food.or maybe make sharks in the sea inplace of fish for a while?

#7027 - 08/30/06 05:42 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Let the Golden Child become an adult and be able to breed! Maybe be able to make other powerful children by dropping a nursing mother in the lagoon - but with different powers. One that can instantly restore the crops, another that can help find the perfect building spot, another for fishing, and one for healing.

www.jamisings.com

#7028 - 08/30/06 06:48 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Liz52 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Midwest U.S.
I've been playing for less than a week, although my obsession makes it seem like a lot longer. If these things are too obvious, or already suggested, please bear with me.

My suggestions:

* I don't want to say "fix," but improve the villagers pathing. They go up and around every which way, but there are a lot of places where their route could be more direct. I may be wrong, I often am, but more direct pathing wouldn't change anything negative that I can see. For those of us still very early in a couple of games (not to metion how I killed off an entire village), I don't mind patience for building up points or abilities. That's part of the game. But pathing problems make me a bit impatient.

* More game events. I love these events, probably because I haven't made a wrong choice yet. But more and varied events would help in the early stages while I'm practicing patience.

Congrats on a very addictive game that can be played by just one person and still see progress. There are so many ingenious things in the game that I hate to even make a suggestion, but there it is.

#7029 - 08/30/06 07:23 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Liz52 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Midwest U.S.
More things others might have said:

I would like to know which village I'm in without having to go back to the Main screen.

If laundry was needed for a purpose, I could see having it happen so much. Maybe what the villagers do could be according to what really matters, and less often have bits of fun like that happen. I would love to see a purpose that contributes to the game that doesn't have to do with tech points, puzzles or abilities. (Then again, I'm very happy with having no "FedX" type of things, where a character goes from one place to another to another, infinity, just to accomplish something.)

I also think it should be more obvious that when you change a speed in one village, it just changes that village. Maybe that is obvious to everyone, or you are supposed to learn it the hard way? Lucky for me, I have a really good outcome, so why am I typing? :-)

#7030 - 08/31/06 02:21 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements *DELETED*
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Duplicate post deleted by ladycfii

Edited by ladycfii (08/31/06 11:02 AM)

#7031 - 08/31/06 02:25 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements *DELETED*
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Duplicate post deleted by ladycfii

Edited by ladycfii (08/31/06 11:02 AM)

#7032 - 08/31/06 04:42 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Squirly Offline

There are still alot of bugs with this game... There are constantly mushrooms that pop up that my youth can't pick, and my "Garden" has no flowers, when I finished that puzzle, nothing changed on my screen, just looks like grass. The names of my villagers continue to change, or switch around with other villagers. So in short, my suggestion is to launch the game when it's actually 100% ready.

If you make a sequal(sp??), maybe include moving around to different areas of an island, maybe even make it so you can create commerce with other islands within that region. So the goal wouldn't be to escape the island, or just get by, but to actually start a new community...

Edited by ladycfii (08/31/06 10:51 AM)

#7033 - 08/31/06 11:17 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Squirly, you bring up some great points, but unfortunately release dates are not always dictated by the developer, but by the publisher(s). And for LDW that is no different. And keep in mind that LDW is basically a mom and pop operation, which is fresh and great to see in this marketplace, but have limited man-hours. Some minor bugs and improvements have to be overlooked in order to facilitate a release date that always seems to be moved up by weeks in most cases. And this happens in all games on this scale. So the developers have to make a decision. What can they fix in the time line they are given, and what can be fixed after the initial release. And it is impossible to test on a wide enough scale to find all bugs. Especially with the vast amount of different systems they run on.

With that said, the flower field bug is a major bug in my book, and would be interested in hearing what the cause is.

Please don’t take this post in a negative way. I did not take yours that way, just wanted to throw out some facts.

#7034 - 08/31/06 11:22 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The flower field bug is caused when the game tries to load an image that it can't find (it's recorded in the game log). Installing the update has always fixed that one.

Page 19 of 51 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter