Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 178 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 51 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#6924 - 06/12/05 09:44 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Those are tools written by someone who plays Village Sim (and obviously has some programming talent). They are not "authorized" by LDW and they are to be used at your own risk. You can find them in the Village Sim forum by searching for Village Sim Toolkit.

#6925 - 06/12/05 09:46 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Quote:

Does anyone else have a problem when switching from village sim to another app ? I have a t5 and the home button on the taskbar does not swith back to my launcher. I have no hacks and the default launcher installed. I have to hold the home button to bring up the recently launched list and select another app to quit village sim. Anyone else have this prob ?

Yep, that's how it works on T5s. I just use the hardware home button if I need to go to the launcher.

#6926 - 06/12/05 10:01 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Walt_Scrivens Offline
Adviser

Loc: Florida, USA
Quote:

Toolkit and Editor? Did I miss something? Are these available, or was this something for the beta testers?

That's very unofficial stuff, not from LDW but a third party, although IMHO he must have had help to get the thing to work. I've looked at it, but not used it because it would totally ruin the game for me to know/control what is happening.

Cyan did something similar in one of the Myst games, where there was a file that could be edited to "start" the game at a known point, so the testers didn't have to play through many hours of the game over and over to test a program change. The file was still there in the released version, although undocumented.

Remember, "Google is your friend"

#6927 - 06/12/05 11:23 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Anonymous
Unregistered

I assume that this launcher prob will be fixed in version updates ?

#6928 - 06/13/05 10:59 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Brenda Offline
Master

Thanks Barbara, I did the search for the toolkit/editor and found the link. It's not what I thought it was. I'm an artist, not a techie, so naturally, I was thinking like "icon editor" or "game graphics editor". lol!

The graphics in VS are wonderful, especially the backgrounds, but as a fussy artist, I would LOVE to get at those little villagers and fix 'em up a bit for my own personal gaming pleasure.

On the other hand, they grow on you, with their own little personalities, quirks, etc. I've come to love them just the way they are!

#6929 - 06/13/05 11:10 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Brenda Offline
Master

Walt, thanks. I took a look, but I don't want that. Like you, I wouldn't want to "fix" the game either. I enjoyed it just playing it as is.

Now MYST, on the other hand, I could have used a "cheat" with! Remember in the original MYST, the underground...eh... what would you call that, a subway station? Crashed my computer every time! But only because it took me sooooo long trying to navigate, that it ate all available memory until my poor old computer couldn't budge another inch. I was too engrossed to stop, save, and reboot. lol!

Same with Revalation, but I'm (still) playing it on X-Box, so no crashing at least.

#6930 - 12/10/05 04:47 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Anonymous
Unregistered

I must agree now that I have solved all the puzzles and maxed out my population, I am just sitting around waiting for more. Please give us more.

#6931 - 04/01/06 03:04 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Thiris Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Utah
ladycfii tell me what gose on with catus i will forget it by the time is out tell me

#6933 - 05/01/06 08:37 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
How about when your not actually clicked on anyone in particular there is a bar with a constant monitor of your food and tech points without having to click and look for them. The food i have noticed on the big map doesnt seem to update with my actual supply. I was just looking at the map said i had 312 i opened it up and clicked food immediately and i had 362 or something similar. Any ideas?

Just my pents.

#6934 - 05/04/06 04:10 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LPRecordPlayer Offline

Loc: Salem MA
It might be interesting to have the islanders able to explore the cave once they reach a certain conscious level. Perhaps they might discover something of importance that would allow them to accomplish another task on the island.

Page 9 of 51 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter