Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 261 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >
Topic Options
#72968 - 05/17/07 10:45 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: poorold]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
i like the shark idea

if the format is the same, fishermen will get in the ocean to catch fish

either as an event, or some other function of the game a shark could be spotted, and all the fishermen clear out of the water for a certain amount of time

i'd like to see a bigger farming plot tho

maybe they can have a little garden inside to start with, and an overgrown path leading off screen. there could be a building puzzle, reconstructing an archway, or clearing the pathway, maybe building a bridge over a stream, and on the other side is a large plot of land where the villagers can farm

then the old garden can become a new puzzle, where medicinal herbs must be transplanted and grown, or some such thing

#72982 - 05/18/07 12:36 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: eyeshigh]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Please note:
This is a double post.
I posted it elsewhere in error!
~~P'tuny

I have tried (and been successful) at keeping my villagers too no more that 15 people (including one baby or toddler) at all times.
This is more of a challange.
But as I collect totems, I find it is very hard to achieve the points to elevate my masters to elders at this point.
As opposed to just building a hut/cleaning away vines just once etc., May I suggest that there be things occasionally like having to totally re-build an old hut, (Typhoon maybe) Re-stocking the wood pile with chopped wood.... weeding out the garden ,thinning out encroaching rain forrest.... working to rid pests away from the plants/ and new work type projects that can enable the villagers accumulate points faster in the latter stages of the game?
Maybe we can find a way to spend our hard earned tech points in the latter stages as well. (Clothing spending is just not enough!)
I love the game, and when my grandson visits, he plays it all the time (He is four years old, and quite computer literate!)
I guess what I am saying, is more work projects/more challanges, once we have our villiagers established!
Love it all though!
~~P'tuny

#73040 - 05/18/07 03:43 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Just 2 little ideas:
I like very much that children do a little noise when I take them to collect something. The last little girl in my game say: "Weee!!" and, in French (write it: oui) that means "Yes!!". I adore that so, of course, she works a lot!!
Maybe they could say "No" some times because they want to do something else or when "nature is calling"?
And, the healers could work inside the hospital, at research for example, and become master-doctor faster...

#73083 - 05/18/07 09:57 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: laurence]
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

Loc: kansas
I like the idea of being able to select which kind of "parenting" a villiager does when it comes to either breeding or teaching. I cannot tell you how many times I would set a villiager to teach and before they are done, their status goes to "embracing". Another suggestion I have is to have these parents finish the task they are doing before "embracing" or "waiting for someone"? I had a villiager getting firewood once and right as he bent down to put it on the fire, he stood back up in a "waiting for someone" mode so I had to have someone else do it.
I dont know if someone else has these problems or if its just me, but I would like to see them corrected. I will try to train, (most of the time its a male villiager), them in a certian area (farming, building..ect) and he will keep stopping to "wait for someone" so i pick him up and put him back on the task and take the villiager that is in the "embracing" mode and put her somewhere else. She will be busy, but the guy keeps going into the "waiting for someone" mode. Hes not sick so I imagine he is just hopeing to increase his parenting skills. I would like to see that done away with because they are impossible to teach things to and the only time they work is when my parents are nursing.
Also, I have had a run in a few times with my entire villiage deciding they all want to research, and enjoy the pond, and nobody wants to farm to collect food, thus causing the entire villiage to starve and die. I will put ones on farming in the detail screen and take them over to fish, harvest crops and/or coconuts, but once they put the food in the bin, its back off to the research table, and i have to keep picking them up to make them farm again. I had this problem with my 2nd VV2 villiage, and with my daughters villiage, (mine died and I had to start over, and now her population is 1 since everyone else starved to death) I set the mode to easy and 1/2 time for hers and they still would not farm!
The dr thing is another good idea to put them on a table to gain skill. I will take a master farmer and make him a dr and then he does not want to farm anymore and is always in the pond or wandering around. Would like to see that changed as well.
the other idea i had was instead of having the mothers nurse for 2 yrs, why not have her preg, then nurse for 1yr after, but while she is preg, she can still work, and she is gaining skill in whatever work she is doing,(if she is a builder, might have to move her to research since she is preg) then gaining skill in parenting once she is nursing.
Parent interaction with their children would be a cute idea. Taking a dad over to his child and he either teaches or plays a game would be fun. then once a parent becomes adept, they can teach all the children or play a game with all the kids.

#73084 - 05/18/07 10:05 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: laurence]
Alex5692 Offline

I like alot of the ideas already posted: More builder tasks, additional farming areas, house destoying events (and others too), the shark attacks, basically all of the ideas i like. and here are some of mine if they haven't been said already: shared villages- meaning if a friend has VV3 you could send them a villager with what they want after you complete a puzzle maybe, more than one screen meaning you can have two villages but are on different parts of the island and you have to click the cave or something like that to go to the other village, more events (pointless or otherwise),weather,maybe an adventure to another island (goes with the two villages idea)that has different foods and such- meaning your 1st village has coconuts and the other island could have... bananas or something like that you know.

Some quicker ways for elders would also be cool and more ppl who like running those ones are great

#73086 - 05/18/07 10:23 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Alex5692]
littlewindbird Offline
Consigliere

Loc: kansas
i like the idea about having the kids say other things other then weee, or huh, or oh. Picking them up when they are on their way to answer natures call and having them say no would be cute. also having more emotion would be nice. In VV1 one of the pop-ups that came up was for one of the kids to investigate a path and they dissapear, yet no one in the villiage seems to notice or care. to also be able to keep track of who has died after the 50 headstones would be nice. Everytime I log on to one of my villiages, I immediantly pause it and move everyone out of the center of the villiage so i can click on the skeletins to see who passed before they are picked up.
I dont know if this is a computer glich or something, but in VV1, villiagers interacted with each other by telling jokes or storys to each other, but in my VV2 villiages, the only time they do this is, they are going to talk to the totams instead of other villiagers.
the weather changes would be a plus as well. having to have the builders rebuild stuff would help gain them more skill.

#73846 - 05/27/07 05:14 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: littlewindbird]
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
Villager of differents hights at all ages and stews to make magic potions is a nice idea to have im just thinking....
This was said about villagers to say other things but i would like villagers that actually talk so you just put in a small box what they say and then they say it

#73888 - 05/28/07 05:28 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: xman]
Britney Offline
Master

Loc: Tumblr
that would be cool. but an idea for VV3 that when a nusering mom dies instead of BOTH THE MOM AND BABY DIEING THE MOM CAN DIE WHILE THE BABY CAN EITHER SUDDENLY POP UP AN ANOTER FEMALES ARM
OR THE BABY TURNS TWO

#73891 - 05/28/07 05:54 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Britney]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
the villagers could discover how to make a papoose that would allow mothers only carrying one child to continue working, albeit, in an incapicitated manner

#75160 - 06/09/07 11:45 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Hello! An other idea (request):
Would it be possible to change the name of the tribe having begun the game? My 1st tribe, I called them "lolo1 ", " lolo2" etc., then the 4th "the waterfall" and the one that I have just started is called " the parrot's village ". I would like I give it the name of the oldest villager of origin, but for that, it is necessary to me to have already started the game!

Page 18 of 22 < 1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter