Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 261 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#68407 - 04/03/07 05:23 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Bannaner1993]
Walt Offline
Developer

Loc: S.F. Bay area
I want to put in monkies that do the sort of mischeif that
are in the island events, but as animated characters that the
villlagers have to lure , bribe, or chase with brooms etc.
But I doub't they will let me.

#68622 - 04/05/07 02:26 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
huricanehank420 Offline

Loc: farmington maine
a family tree would be cool. like one that goes all the way back to the original people.

#68783 - 04/06/07 02:22 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: huricanehank420]
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: huricanehank420
a family tree would be cool. like one that goes all the way back to the original people.
I agree.

I'd love marriage, as well. It can be optional - if they are married then they only mate with their spouse and if they aren't, then it's a free-for-all.

I don't want the kids to pick up their own collectibles or the moms to work. One is to give the players something to do and the other is so that there is a sacrifice associated with having kids (can't have the game too easy). If Mom does work during those two years, then it should be at a much decreased rate.

I would love for there to be more for the healers and builders to do later in the game. The stews are wonderful, but they aren't a replacement for them actually having something to do. The healers on VV1 were better than my healers on VV2. On VV2, the healers don't study plants themselves, they just eat and swim - on VV1, I could get them to trainee and then they'd study the cactus and gain skill, so if we could have the healers back like that again, that'd be great. I like the idea of huts becoming visibly dilapidated. I don't know if there are events that'll wreck a hut, but they'd be great. Then you couldn't have new births above the new (lower because a hut is out of commission) population limit and maybe the villagers would get sick more often because of overcrowding. Once you got the hut repaired, the population limit would go back up and people would be back to being sick less often. Also like the idea someone mentioned of the vines growing back on a timer and having to be re-cleared.

Pink and blue blankets - on the one hand, they'd be so convenient, especially when trying to get more of one gender. OTOH, finding out which gender I have is great, and I'm not sure it'd be as fun if we knew immediately.

One thing I liked in VV that we don't have in VV2 is the drum at the school. I liked being able to gather my kids in one place - especially useful when you need one to pick something up. Love the collectibles, BTW.

The sewing hut is great, but I'd like kids to be able to change clothes, too.

#68790 - 04/06/07 03:49 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
poottersmama Offline
Expert

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
Why not have the two sides of the island join and more exploration. Have them search the island for those hidden few!

#68801 - 04/06/07 05:30 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Yahya]
Umineko Otaku Offline

Originally Posted By: Yahya
I have plenty of ideas such as trading-General Store, basket Weavers or Pottery makers, night time periods, child care so mothers can do something other than nurse ( when i nursed my children i also cleaned house, shopped, taught young children at home, and held a job ...etc....) have hunting, raising chickens or some sort of edible birds. Maybe even find 2 cows and expand into a farm. I realize some folks are Vegies but it could be a choice. I personally do not eat shell fish but it comes in the game. What I do is pretend that I have a choice of what my little villagers do eat. Also have wheat so you can make breads. And a jewelry maker would be awesome. Gold or Diamonds could be mined. Maybe this island is large like Australia teeeehhheee. This Truly is a great game. I have totally enjoyed both games. I did much better in this one knowing the scope of the game. But it did take much longer than the last game. And I still have a few of the pebbles and 1 butterfly to get though. VV is Awesome.
Thanks LDW for your hard work and dedication. It really shows in your product.

Yeah that would be cool.They could be able to trade with others.

#68878 - 04/07/07 12:04 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Laurelee]
tuse Offline
Trainee

Suggestions... ummm.. I also think we should do something with the nursing mothers ... how about you "take" them to a papoose, and they can work at a light job for a limited amount of time, a few hours (or earn DOC points) studying the plants, or help "find mushrooms", with village children in tow.
nursing mothers need to be earning something during those 2 years. (hunt and gather)

I DO like how I can have one of the fathers gather up the children for "story telling" It's fun to watch the children all gather round, WISH I could "see" the story being told. maybe about the elders of the village, or the life and times of Isola.

Would like to see a Shaman in next village. or "High Medicine Man/Priestess" type figure, would be interesting within the "culture" section.

BTW.. I DO have a dark skinned person in my village, and will be interesting to see her offspring.

I also agree with having the children "auto pick" mushrooms.. it's vital to survival at the beginning of game, and I can't babysit my computer all the time. and I don't like having to "pause" all the time at the beginning, even to go to the loo.

Tech points.... Wow.. it can take a long time... but that's part of the challenge. I try to keep my villages small, under 50 but it takes a long time, and I'm currently worried that when it comes time for certain puzzles, that the people I needed to solve, will have died. But that's another challenge.

Thanks for such a GREAT GAME !!!!

#68893 - 04/07/07 03:54 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: huricanehank420]
Cinimod Offline
Expert

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: huricanehank420

Yeah that would be cool i`d love to see that.

I stink therefore I am.

#69201 - 04/10/07 12:07 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
melikevv Offline
Expert

Loc: texas
ii think there sould be how many years,days, and hours that have past in the game.

#69205 - 04/10/07 12:16 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
melikevv Offline
Expert

Loc: texas
add some fruit tree and mabey an puzzle were you make an bow and arrow and kill a hog for some food.

____________-[
/ [
--------------[
[]
-----
[ ]
[ ]
-----

\
\ \
-------------------- >
/ /
/

#69222 - 04/10/07 04:12 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Yahya]
mandymoo Offline

i think thay would be a great ideas for the next vv i think we should have a school and mybe a genal stoer or mybe a biger iland or somthing like that

Page 12 of 22 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter