Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 175 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 51 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#6935 - 05/05/06 09:19 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
It would be neat to have more of a strategy game aspect as far as instead of everything being predefined, you could build houses where you wanted as long as the plot was available, maybe build a church, or a food warehouse to raise the limit (if there is one) and other small buildings without getting too involved. Perhaps train a priest at the church to walk around and raise the moral of the villagers who are "complaining" or other of their negative behaviors. Maybe an outhuose area or something so they dont all have to pee on the pretty flowers. Even if you had to increase the map size, you could easily scroll a little in x and y directions. Maybe you could have a lumber and stone store for when you have to make your buildings so you can have new classes of woodcutters and masons who stock the warehouse so when the time comes to upgrade you have the right supplies, but of course youd start with enough to last awhile when the game began. All neat ideas i could go on forever. Whats everyone else think?

#6936 - 05/05/06 01:03 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

One thing i have discovered on the Palm, i just realized even though my berry bush has 1 berry on it, the big map of the whole beach shows a bush with lots of berries on it as the picture. Perhaps that should change to just an empty bush or something. I was like ooo they must have grown back and clicked and saw one berry lol. Awe well. Just thought id mention it

Out of curiosity do they grow back. At one point i was down to one then all of a sudden had about half a bush of berries and i got excited then like an hour later a flock of birds or something came in and ate them all and i only had 1 again. Wasnt sure if it was a glitch that i got a bunch back or not.

Edited by Village_Monk (05/05/06 01:05 PM)

#6937 - 05/05/06 01:52 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Golden Child - how about he doesnt throw a party every darn year. That is very disrupting i get everyone doing what i want then everyone stops and runs to the center and screws it up. Grr... lol He moved the boulder can i put him inside and push it back

#6938 - 05/06/06 02:52 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

More events. I like the suprise of events, but heck i only get maybe one a day if im lucky it gets pretty slow when you just sit and watch. I started a new game after i solved the first 12 puzzles and have got one new event so far but im hoping for more. Just a thought

#6939 - 06/09/06 02:59 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Robii Offline

I would like to see a graphics overhaul for the characters themselves. Unless I miss my guess, it should be as simple as switching out the sprites. I have too many lumpy people, and two of the wimmin-folk have lop-sided heads. Might explain the trouble I have getting them into the hut with the men. Not that the men are much to brag about either. It would be an easy way to raise the bar a bit, considering the backgrounds are so elaborate. As an artist and designer, art sytle is a big factor in attracting buyers. It's certainly something I look at, and combine thta with this dynamic gameplay, I don't think a cosmetic rehaul would be out of order.

#6940 - 06/22/06 07:20 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
PTMurphy Offline

Please, please, please put in support for the D-pad! In the 'Details' screen at a minimum. It would be SO much easier to page through the residents with that. (I find that the 'forward/back' arrows on the details screen are too small, and really inconveniently placed.) Right/Left to page to the next/previous villager in the database, Up/Down to page through the preferred skills, with the center button used for "Done"

Another use could be, in the "Villager View" screen, to focus on the next villager in the pressed direction, with the center used to jump to the details screen. When villagers are clumped together, and won't/can't move apart, selecting the exact one you want can be ...difficult.

#6941 - 06/27/06 06:14 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
wmatheson Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Virginia
I agree with most of the suggestons I've seen here, but I didn't see this one as I glanced through. I'd like to see a reason for death included in the tombstone information. This would be good for deciding I need to assign more people to farming vs healing, for example.

The other improvements that I most agree with (in no particular order) are:

1) sorting the detail screens
2) a nursing timeline
3) a recap of some kind of events that were missed while not actively playing

#6942 - 06/28/06 10:36 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
I agree with the reason of death! That should not be too difficult to add to the code. Two is a good one also. As far as #3, all your events that happen while the game is off will pop up at startup.
Warren

#6943 - 07/06/06 10:39 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
George_N Offline

Loc: So Cali
by recap of events you mean like fish tycoon says you have gaind the fish of $2
that would be realy nice beings as you are going to have much more going on.
keep up the good work guys and dols looks to be a real attention getter.

#6944 - 07/17/06 05:51 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Lesoot Offline

For the pc version, you shouls be able to have a more "settlers" feel to it, i don't mind downloading a big file or even ordering it on cd if I had to You can even have a separate tribe on the island that you discover and can even battle to claim teritorry, you can make weapons out of wood/stone like bows and arrows and have you peeps become warriors.

Bigger maps are a good idea and discovering more after you have completed the original puzzles. A map editor would be good or even random maps when starting a game would be good too...

Page 10 of 51 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter