Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 175 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 14 of 51 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#6975 - 08/10/06 07:09 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
miniflowers Offline
Expert

Loc: Wyoming's wide open spaces
I'd like to see VV expanded before going on to a VV2 (hint, hint!) While earning tech bucks can be time-consuming, the puzzles are few and far between and too soon over and then bang! You're done! Why not have this the "original" island, with more of this island to explore when these puzzles are unlocked, perhaps another island using a NEW status category of Explorer who needs builders to craft a canoe (also good for deep sea fishing). Then entirely different puzzles on the "new" island. I know no one wants a game they love to end, but this one -short of research time - was over way too quickly and got kinda repetitive with nothing new to do. Love it anyway, and not playing it for the first - or last - time!

Forever ends when time erases memories...

#6976 - 08/13/06 11:53 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
freya_the_vampyr Offline

I have this posted somewhere else but it fits better here
"I think it would be nice to make it more adventure like. More levels of technology with less points needed. Maybe even some minigames. It would be nice to make it so there is more you can do. I hate that it ended so soon. I finished in less than 200 hours and I think it would be more fun if there was more to it.
With the upgrades maybe you could pick individual things with different levels like Cooking for better use of food (villagers require less food) and disease, maybe different types of sick..., building levels that allow you to build boats to explore other islands, understanding of the island to use the plants for medicine and predicting the weather for better crops and less casualties during trips to other islands. Stuff like that. "

#6977 - 08/14/06 12:24 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Desiree_Joy Offline

Hunting: (Also could be a skill like building and doctor, besides being able to form hunting parties. This could be dangerous. Villiagers could end up being killed).

Marriage: (A lot of us name these guys after people we know and it's kind of annoying to see them going indoors with whomever lol It would be cool if you could choose to 'link' two people so that they only go inside with each other. Also it would help keep track of families. There could be an attraction level that can be influenced by eventst hat happen between sprites. Like if one gives the other flowers their bond grows stronger or if one scolds another their attraction lessons).

Leader: (Tribes should have a leader and a new one is chosen when the old one dies... they have to meet certain requirements to be a leader).

Religious leader: (A job or a skill characters can master that allows them to lead rain dances or other reigeous cerimony's to 'bless' the tribe in some way like a fertility blessing, crop blessing, a wisdom blessing ect ect). Of course if they do it all the time, then the Gods don't reward their greediness.

Heardsmen: (A job/skill you can master that allows a character to catch and raise some kind of cattle or sheep type animals. They can master this and provide food and clothing to the tribe but since the creatures eat the berries/veggies that the tribe might otherwise harvest/forrage it costs some of those food points to have a ranch of these creatures).
--

It'd be awesome to do networkable version of the game

Networkable Information:

Tribes could assist each other on hunting parties, religeous festivals, they could have wars or competitions, or send men from one tribe to another to populate. Also there could be the ability to have more than one person managing the same tribe (so that if one person is sleeping someone else can be keeping an eye on things).

MISC:

Family tree: I like to see who came from who so it'd be really really cool if there was a family tree type feature somewhere in the game.

Cuter sprites: Some of them are just so incredibly ugly as kids. It's kind of wierd to have bald kids that only have hair by their ears. Though I do like the completely bald one.

#6978 - 08/14/06 12:28 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
Only problem so far with the game is it locks my laptop when I try to refresh stats. I've had to reboot 3 or more times to get my laptop to work again.

#6979 - 08/14/06 12:10 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
I'm not sure it is really locked up. Depending on your bandwidth and the amount of hits to the website, it can take a long time to update the stats. If you just leave it be, I'm sure it will update and you would not have to reboot.

#6980 - 08/15/06 03:01 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Lisalyanne Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
I have read some of these, not all, but here is what I think:

1. I think it would be cool for the medicinal plants to have different properties and do different things, and for the healers to have to use them and the right one when healing.

2. I also think it would be cool to know stats on the babies when they are born, i.e. sex, name, how big, birthdate etc...

3. I have been pondering the whole issue that poeple have been complaining about the length of the game and ending. Now, I haven't finished it yet, but, with what I have seen, instead of more puzzles, I would like to see more island events, and have a record of what island events I have already seen, instead of just how many.

4. The kids should interact with each other and the adults, at least with each other.

5. It would be cool to have families, couples to get married, etc..could work this in nicely with say level 3 of spirituality or something, that their lifestyle changes with the level of spirituality.

Overall I love the game. Good job LDW!!!!

Lisa

#6981 - 08/15/06 03:04 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Lisalyanne Offline
Expert

Loc: Washington State
OH one other thing, its just too weird to have someone in their twenties (or younger!) with gray hair, a horseshoe haircut and the like, I had a 2 year old with a horseshoe haircut, that was just wrong! LOL. Make the villagers looks correspond more closely with age. OK, I'm done...I think...

#6982 - 08/15/06 05:21 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
spottea Offline

I'd like to see a few pets wandering around, pilfering fish and swimming. That would be cool I think. Maybe a few mad parrots flying around, being a pain would be good too!

#6983 - 08/15/06 07:13 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
Be able to restore a backup with out opening folder?
Have that as an option maybe.

#6984 - 08/16/06 02:45 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Charity322 Offline
Adviser

Don't know if it's been mentioned before (14 pages ), but the ability to save the game would be cool. So if you stuff up and kill your favourite villager you could load the saved game.

A photo album would be cool too, print screen and pasting into Word is very clunky.

Page 14 of 51 < 1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter