Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 336 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#6874 - 04/22/05 04:10 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The D-pad function has been requested by many people. It is on the list of suggested improvements, but we will just have to wait to see if it's implemented in the Village Sim update when it comes out.

#6875 - 04/22/05 06:21 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Anonymous
Unregistered

I would like to see a history of events, so if something happened when the Palm was off, you could review the events. It would also be nice to have a running display of game time.

my 2 cents,

neil
nyashins@yahoo.com

#6876 - 04/22/05 10:12 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Anonymous
Unregistered

320x480

please,please, for my TT5

#6877 - 04/22/05 10:28 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
skw Offline

I have noticed that I have to "re-encourage" some of my folks because one of them will take so long to get to the hut that the other loses interest. Sometimes I'll try to toss them back in if I think they weren't dedicated enough. I expect babies out of this after all. They're not on vacation!

#6878 - 04/25/05 01:07 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Filber Offline

Suggestions for the game:

- Any possiblity of creating a mission editor with the ability to create your own puzzles, functions, duties, etc?

- Landscape/Portrait support.

- Level-up to another location after completing all the puzzles for one location.

- Make "honoring the dead" and "honoring the idol" achieve something.

- Would day/night be possible? Visible weather?

Great game, by the way. So far I've maxed out the techs, and solved puzzles 1-9 and #12. Still waiting for the Golden Child and wondering what is behind the boulder!?

#6879 - 04/25/05 04:34 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Now that I have more villagers, I like to page through the Details screens quickly to see if anyone is sick or weak. This would go faster if the area of the screen that registers a tap were a bit larger; I drift off it if I am looking at the information. Ideally not larger arrows, just larger tappable region... if this is not hard to do. Thanks!

P.S. Fantastic games, seriously addictive!

#6880 - 04/25/05 08:47 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
spaceman Offline
Trainee

I do that too and yes, I end up missing the arrow every one out of three times.

Here's also a short list of possible add-on's:
-Include a "Spirituality" bar that can effect each villager's happiness (and incentive to work), which can be tied in to Filber's idea of making "honoring" have a function. You could also have a villager's spirituality level increase when they have a baby or when their title gets upgraded (trainee->adept->master) and/or have everyone's level increase with events like completing a puzzle. Plus, to have the spirituality tech. upgrades more meaningful, you could have the rate that their levels increase accelerate with each level and/or have the idol/ruins have some part in all of this (just by simply completing them) so as to ensure high levels even after all of the puzzles have been solved.
-Also just want to second (or third or whatever) Filber's idea about making the game in fullscreen (480x320(me) & 320x480 (um...everyone else))
-Accelerate "update" calculation methods (coming back to 65 villagers after leaving it while sleeping can take a little while)
-If Filber's idea about day/night gets implamented, then perhaps have the builders keep a fire going at night--possible way to allow villagers to increase their building skills after all of the tasks are completed (ladycfii-I think that I read that you were thinking about some way to do this)
-Adding island wide events similar to the GC's parties, but for any point in the game (just for fun) such as ceremonies around the fire possibly with some drums and masks n' such (could also tie in with the spirituality idea).
-Basically, all of the other ideas that have been listed here too-they get my vote as well.

And there you have it. The abridged version of my birthd...ur, list of suggestions.
HTH
-spaceman

#6881 - 05/06/05 07:20 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
spaceman Offline
Trainee

How come whenever I post, the thread seems to die?

Eh, fine then. I'll just keep posting and KILL ALL OF THE THREADS!!! BWAHAHAHA!

Ehehe, just kidding. Anyway, I've also noticed that you cannot invoke the taskbar while playing. Normally this wouldn't be a problem except that I'm a frequent DA user-including HRCaptDA, a free screen capture DA.

So...any chance that this could be enabled in the next update?
Thanks,
-spaceman

#6882 - 05/06/05 07:57 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
Jade Offline

Tombstones... if the villagers are buried, I would like to see a way to show *who* has recently died and what age they died at. Sometimes I return to my village to find some more have dropped off and I'd like a way to easily remember who... this feature isn't currently available, is it?

#6883 - 05/06/05 08:11 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
No, it isn't. A lot of people have asked for it, though!

Page 4 of 51 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter