Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 261 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 22 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#67343 - 03/25/07 02:11 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
ewokian Offline

it might be a good idea to add more mini games that can be played only once every 24 hours much like the gong of wonder.(gives you something proactive to do while waiting for buildings to be build or tech points to be made)

adding a mine or something similar to collect recourses to be able to build in stead of making the build time really long.(make villagers collect a certain amount of recourses before being able to construct the building)

also different resources could be collected for more stews, hunting for special seasoning to make extra special stew.

also making more tech options available as you progress instead of the 6 basic options we have now you could gain more options as you progress.
for instance if you gain a certain amount of tech lvls a different more specific technology option will come available
herbalism---->medicine
with herbalism you could become able to use more of the plants found in the region making them more useful that just training medical skill and with medicine you could use the herbs to make medicines for certain illnesses so they wont return to the island.

also instead of the one map you could make more area's to be played open via certain puzzles the villagers could have one map where the village would be with the basic food recourse but later in the game you would have to make a farm outside of the village that way you have more places to hide certain plants or items needed for the puzzles:

[sea] [forest] [waterfall]

[sea] [village] [river]

[mountain] [ruins] [lake]

just an example each word would represent a small map in which certain mini games or actions could be done by your villagers.
the advantage from this would be simply more room for structures in your village as well as more possibilities technology and game play wise.

i know a lot of these things are probably not even possible to put in the game.
these are just my 2 cents i hope they will help

#67371 - 03/25/07 06:04 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: ewokian]
xman Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
I would like to see isola from the willagers point of view and mybe have growing hair and pets also seasons

Edited by xman (03/25/07 06:05 PM)

#67374 - 03/25/07 06:14 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: colourmehappy]
lil_villager Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Hawaii
Originally Posted By: colourmehappy
How do yoy make the vilagers sick?, it would give the healers something to do and help gain their mastery.

there are many stews you can feed your villagers that will make them sick.like 2 black vines and 1 orange flower

#67530 - 03/26/07 10:21 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Topper]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
Sounds like the best idea i've ever heard.

#67532 - 03/26/07 10:57 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: colourmehappy]
sunflowerhil Offline

Loc: Ohio
It would be really nice to have either a "percentage earned" or a number system in regards to the villager's skill. Sometimes when they are adept it is hard to tell how much farther they have to go until they are masters.

Also might be nice for a trading post too where you could trade food for tech points if you have a ton, or tech points for food if you are starving.

I don't think the kids should be able to pick up the mushrooms and collectables on their own (that's half the fun of it) but since the kids can start healing at a young age, maybe they should gain a little farming experience after they pick up so many mushrooms and maybe research experience for the collectables.

#67591 - 03/27/07 04:52 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Myari]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The game should follow the successful principle laid down in VV1 and VV2 that you start with a small number of villagers and, over time, build a thriving community. There's an event in VV2 where a group of villagers builds a boat and goes off. Perhaps they could be shipwrecked and are befriended by a small family who are the decendants of the mysterious original tribe?

#67594 - 03/27/07 05:21 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: arnie]
Spirit Catcher Offline
Trainee

Instead of there being a never-ending supply of wood for the fire, could the builders not have to cut down trees, and chop the wood to keep the fire going..one tree can give them a lot of firewood..so they get good points for cutting the tree down without dropping it on the rest of the villagers...and a few points each time they chop up xx many pieces from the tree?....this way still increasing their builder skills after all the buildings are finished.

Perhaps only builders can build small rafts or boats to go further out in the ocean so that only master farmers are allowed to fish for fancier/better/bigger fish. It could mean, trainee builders may build something that will either fall apart..or leak...therefor not make the fishing expedition a success..but gain a few points towards adept skill.....adept builders build better ones....and therefore gain more points with each one built leading towards master skill?

If scientist research a need for a tool..( ie spears/bows for hunters...or some sort of gardening/fishing tools for farmers)...then its up to a master builder to create it?

#67595 - 03/27/07 05:41 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Spirit Catcher]
Spirit Catcher Offline
Trainee

These nursing mothers, If one does nothing but wander around caring for baby, then she should not get any more points that what is already awarded for parenting.

However, If a nursing mom, teaches the other children, tells them stories, makes stews (on her own without being dumped in the stewpot first), collects and does ALL the villagers laundry, wanders the village collecting things for the scientists or food bin..........then she should gain more points in some kind of skill...(parenting if she doing domestic stuff....farming or research...if she collecting.) If she carried that baby on her back.......which villagers would....it would leave her hands free to WORK and earn her skills.

#67617 - 03/27/07 10:39 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Spirit Catcher]
Izzy2k2 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Oklahoma
How about the weather issue...

They should make Isola have weather and a blue box to say if it's gonna be rainy or something, or maybe weather forecasting could be an improvement from science tech.

Children should be able to play more than tag! They should play hide and go seek, or something like that.

There's a small little space near the map button...You should put a family chart thing over there.

I think the villagers should have more emotion...

Thats about all the ideas I could think about. At this rate, VV3's gonna rock \:D

#67635 - 03/28/07 02:23 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
Sooziii Offline

I have solved all the puzzles and have only a couple more collections. My tech points are over 1 million. At this point it would be great if something happened like a hurricane and you lost vilages and huts and had to rebuild and restock. It would make it interesting for those who have solved everything but want to keep playing.

Page 9 of 22 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter