Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 261 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 10 of 22 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 >
Topic Options
#67856 - 03/29/07 09:09 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Spirit Catcher]
katlynbird714 Offline
Master

yes, but the whole reason the people wanted nursing mothers to gain parenting points is because they don't work while they are nursing, so it slows down productivity and they only get a small sliver of points for just HAVING the baby...i think it's a good idea for them to gain skill when they do the activities such as "changing baby", "washing baby", ect.

/|\
/ \
8\)
/|\
/ \
Villagers population: 6.

#67864 - 03/29/07 09:46 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
danny132 Offline

They should put in a family tree line, u know, to find out who the parents are of this child, and their parents, etc.

#68113 - 03/31/07 09:05 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
IsolaPrincess Offline

Loc: MD
I love the suggestions! I guess mostly because I have been thinking about almost all of them myself!lol!

#68123 - 04/01/07 12:00 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: IsolaPrincess]
StealthBunny Offline

There are some really nifty ideas here! I love the idea of "day care" or using the older children to babysit. Perhaps not in the first "year" of the child's birth, maybe in the second, when the baby is older.

I would love to see more island events more frequently, and more with choices of actions offered.

The collectibles are a great idea for more player interaction. I know that there are some players who would rather this go automatic, but then... what's the point of playing? I would, however, like to see the children automatically collect mushrooms, since there are times when my village would have died without those mushrooms coming in, so I consider them vital to the village's survival. I love the idea, though, of the children gaining skill/knowledge based on the collectibles they bring in!

I also like the idea of a period of nightfall, but I admit it's because I'd like to see the village at night, lit up by fires and candles.

Love the trading store idea, too!

Basically, I want to see more player interaction, and not as much waiting for those tech points to build up. I want to DO more, not wait more. Mini games, stuff like that!

Oh, and the children playing tag is so funny, especially when you have something like 30+ children all playing it at the same time. More games like that, please!!

The VV saga is wonderful! Keep 'em coming! Pleasepleaseplease!!

#68141 - 04/01/07 04:18 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Kirsten]
Sooziii Offline

Once you have all your collectables, solved all the puzzles, got all your elders etc it would be great if you could set off through the jungle with say 7 villagers and a couple of children and start a new village. You could have everything reset so you had to start again in the new village and there could be new trials and puzzles. Masybe you could take a few tech points with you.

#68184 - 04/01/07 05:33 PM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Sooziii]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
Great idea about sending the seven villagers, with a couple of children. But this time they should all be masters. ( the adults that is ). Maybe you could have banana trees as well as coconut trees and a berrybush. Have monkeys as well. the children could play with them.

#68250 - 04/02/07 04:32 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: colourmehappy]
pcic57 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Virginia Beach USA
It would be kind of fun to have some sort of prize for having a villager master all of the skills.

#68251 - 04/02/07 04:33 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: pcic57]
pcic57 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Virginia Beach USA
How about a setting to pick certain children to be the mushroom and collection picker uppers..

#68255 - 04/02/07 05:16 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: BSteffen1961]
bethlham Offline
Guru

I'm not a pro at this yet but I would like if there were "rooms" or "areas" you could go in. Like if you could enter the huts or go in a cave or to another area of the island and complete tasks or something. Or maybe if they could build a boat or something. It would be nice for the "down times" while waiting for advances in the village to be completed. Maybe the suggestions of a market place or medicine schools or such could work in this aspect. I did read someone's idea about a daycare and mother's getting parenting points while they nurse. I like that idea. I would like if the children benefited from being "taught" by an adult. They are actually cute when they play tag!

I have really thought about people's comments on the appearance of some of the villager's. I too, seriously don't like some of them and sadly it does affect how I feel about that villager. I would suggest that there were options in what villagers we worked with but...if you think about it, we don't always get to pick what comes our way in life and this can be a lesson in adjusting to that. I struggle against making a "bad stew" from time to time! On the other hand, VV is sometimes a relief from our real days so the ideal would be benificial.

#68256 - 04/02/07 05:17 AM Re: Any ideas for VV3 ? :) [Re: Mewblast]
Laurelee Offline

I think there should be some "organization of labor". By that I mean that you should be able to appoint one of your master builders as "foreman", master doctor as "physician", master farmer as "overseer", master scientist as "professor" and master parent as "teacher" (who could run the "daycare" for nursing moms and kids up to age 6--helpers would earn "parenting" experience, as there is more to parenting than just merely breeding). Each of them would be responsible for training "untrained" people set in their specialties (i.e. it would be a perk for having a master that your untrained folks didn't run off from learning until they were at least trainees) or born with abilities in their field and could "summon" all people of their profession to help with a task. They could be automatically replaced by the next oldest master in their job when they die, or you would lose that ability until you trained a new master.
The esteemed elders should take the children over age 6 in hand, keeping them safe and occupied so they aren't running about all over the island with no supervision from age 2 up (maybe a playground where they could be supervised while out enjoying the island).
There should definitely be more opportunities for builders to earn experience. Perhaps by making furniture, building playground equipment, etc.?

Edited by Laurelee (04/02/07 05:20 AM)

Page 10 of 22 < 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... 21 22 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter