Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 30 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#38065 - 10/27/06 09:14 AM Re: Where are you from??
Jo5329 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alabama
What a great idea.

My husband and I, along with Bubba our Australian Cattle Dog, live in Phenix City, AL. Hubby is stationed at Fort Benning, GA (currently in Afghanistan), and I work as an insurance agent for a local broker.

#38066 - 10/27/06 11:55 AM Re: Where are you from??
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
There ARE quite a few posters from Canada that I've seen previously

#38067 - 10/27/06 02:14 PM Re: Where are you from??
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Yah, I'm old enough to appreciate it (or should I say, I'm old enough to remember sitting next to my step dad asking a billion questions about the funny looking tv...back in the days of BBS's lol).

Cass25, I haven't seen anyone else from Down Under either, so you can come sit next to me, keep me company.

#38068 - 10/27/06 02:20 PM Re: Where are you from??
SpdrGrl Offline

Loc: Missouri, USA
I am in Missouri. I am married with 3 grown children and 7 grandchildren (3 in school, 3 toddlers and 1 infant). I have been hooked on VV for a little over 2 months. And I can't wait till VV2 comes out. I really hope it comes out before Christmas!

Go, Cardinals!

#38069 - 10/27/06 02:31 PM Re: Where are you from??
GreyKitten Offline

Loc: London, UK
Hi everyone,
My name is Judi, I live in East London, UK and work as a Data Manager in a large and lively secondary school! I like travelling, cats and Formula 1 motor racing. I'm 51 but still act as if I'm 21. I live with my partner, I've been with him for 15 years. I'm quite a newcomer to VV but I'm loving it and looking forward to VV2 - it's really relaxing after a day of listening to screaming, swearing teenagers!

#38070 - 10/27/06 02:53 PM Re: Where are you from??
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Well that's good Trin, at least we have each other and have in common that we're not from the USA and a serious VV addiction of course . I've been keeping track, cause I LOVE this , and most are from somewhere in States, and few from UK, and Trin and I (the loners), are the lonely one's so far from our own neck of the woods Hopefully many more will come out of shadows and say hi, maybe a Candadian, how about someone else from where it's always summer? is that true Trin? cause if it is I'm sooooo jealous

#38071 - 10/27/06 03:12 PM Re: Where are you from??
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Hi everyone,

I'm Cindy, 47/48, married, two grown "boys" (25, 23) with 3 dogs and 2 sugar gliders. Live in Texas - guess that makes 4 of us in Texs- I'm in the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex. Currently staying at home trying not to get into too much mischief. Obssesed with VV (Thanks Arthur...) so that even though I downloaded a new game last week, have YET to play it. Hubby is one of those who does not appreciate my enthusiam for this game... my opinion: it's his loss. Then again, if we both played at least 5 hours a day, who would pay the bills?!?! I'm kinda attached to this computer, if I tell him there is a VV2 coming out, I may not see it again. He's out of town right now and when he calls, he keeps asking me if I'm playing... Ummmm, no honey, why would you say that? DUH... when the cat's away, what do you think the mouse is going to do?!?!?!

I've downloaded more games than I am willing to confess - this is the first one that has taken over my life. Once again... thanks, Arthur. I'm sure my hubby just "looooooves" you. Hint... stay away from dark alleys. I don't call him "the bear" for nothing.

Other than that...nope... minds a blank.

#38072 - 10/27/06 03:36 PM Re: Where are you from??
SpdrGrl Offline

Loc: Missouri, USA
Hey, gohill!

Yeah, it sounds like you had better not let your husband know about VV2. Hate to think you might miss out while the rest of us are having fun!
I, myself, have 1 dog, a golden retriever, and 2 cats. What kind of dogs do you have? And by the way, what the heck exactly is a sugar glider? I never even heard of them until my grandaughter was on the Millsberry website a while back and she went to the pet store and she told me they had some new pets on there. I was looking over her shoulder looking at the list and I seen they had sugar gliders. She tried asking me about them and I said I had never even heard of a sugar glider. I thought it was a funny name that type of animal or any other animal. I mean, why do they call it a "sugar" glider. Perhaps you can fill me in sometime so I can pass the info on to my grandaughter. How are they as pets and are they easy to take care of?

#38073 - 10/27/06 05:04 PM Re: Where are you from??
Tabbeh Offline
Adviser

Loc: Ze isle of Isola
http://exoticpets.about.com/cs/sugargliders/a/sgaspets.htm

I myself know almost nothing about sugar gliders, but I have seen them and read a bit and know that I would like one...however the one time my dog was exposed to any kind of rodent or rodent-like creature, he went totally ballistic.

#38074 - 10/27/06 05:16 PM Re: Where are you from??
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Ya KNOW... spdgrl... if you let me private message you, I could tell you MORE, than you would EVER want to know about sugar gliders. This is a HINT to check on the box to recieve private messages. If you don't want a private message from someone, you can always block them.

Sugar gliders are marsupials. They are SMALL - sometimes called "pocket pets" because they are small enough to stay in your shirt pocket. Their fur is somewhat like chinchilas - it's extremely soft and lush. They have a lot of skin so when they "jump" from tree to tree, they glide. (like flying squirrels but much smaller). Though they are omnivorous, they like nectar - hence the first word "sugar". I would not say they are "easy" to take care of, but not hard either. They can live 15 yrs and if you don't give them a companion sugar glider or you, yourself, don't spend time with them EVERYday, they will die of lonliness. I kept one sugar glider for a year, she stayed in my pocket from the moment I woke up till the moment I went to bed at night, still - they are nocturnal. She needed some"one" to play with while I was sleeping. I gave her a mate. a MAN!!! wow... was she HAPPY... acted a complete fool around him and he wasn't even old enough to be "with" her. She didn't care.

My WARNING... if your grandaughter is not going to spend time with a sugar glider EVERYday.. bear in mind, they can live 15 yrs... get TWO!!!!!!! It's simply not fair to an animal that NEEDS companionship to be alone - besides that, they WILL die of lonliness. Look up "sugar glider" on a search engine... there is helpful information out there that can help you decide. They are MARVELOUS, but it's a commitment. Kinda like a dog. In fact, they will bond to you like a dog and you "can" train them to do certain things. Unfortunately, like dogs, they have to be rescued from time-to-time because owners get tired of them. And just like passing a dog off from owner to owner is hard on a dog, it's hard on a sugar glider - they bond to the original owner. I'd rather pm you about this cuz I can get on a soap box much worse than this in a heart beat.

Page 7 of 30 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter