Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19478 - 07/19/06 04:47 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
sarahgillen Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi

I thought it would be nice and romantic if instead of just 'embracing' and 'going indoors' that there should be some ritual to making a baby!!
It would add another dimension to the game to have some villagers attracted to others and a dating process, ending in marriage and babies (well not necessarily marriage, I know Im Irish but Im not all that Catholic!!)

#19479 - 07/19/06 06:46 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
SaxyT Offline
Guru

Loc: Ontario, Canada
sarahgillen,

I agree, it would be neat to see the whole concept of the mating. However, in one of my games, the men keep stopping work to "argue" with the nursing moms so I think my villagers believe they are married! It's quite humourous actually.

#19480 - 07/20/06 05:40 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
non Offline

i love the contiuing idea

#19481 - 07/20/06 12:37 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
firefairy Offline

I have been playing a bit but new to the boards. I have some idea's but I don't know about the tech side of it but I will post them.

What would be cool is all masters in the game have the ability to teach children age's 12-14. It would be fun to have a child you want to go into to farming (or whatever) have the opportunity to be ready for work at 14. You could make it like the untrained 14 year olds sometimes they would gain points and sometimes not, the master could even kick someone out of class for the day.

An explorer title would be nice if LDW is thinking of expanding the map, only Master explorers could open a new map areas and maybe there would be a map table they could train at.

It would be fun if some children born had set interest that could not be changed it might be a kink in the best laid plans and fun. Even a couple that all they want to do is breed.

I think some at a certain age should be able to choose to retire they would have an AI that says "I'm done" and maybe they would be like the grandparents of the village and play with the kids.

Day and night might be fun there are a host of things that might happen at night vs. day.

Weather added might mess up the ability to work, maybe construction can be expanded to build structures for bad weather. Like a greenhouse for farmers, small toy factory for the builders, a lab for the researchers and an potion center for the healers.

Children could identify "mom or dad" and interrupt them once in a while by pulling on there clothes breaking there chain of thought.

A new ability might be clothes making out of palm leaves or something. The villager that wants new clothes would have to gather the leaves, maybe some flowers for dye and so on. Maybe the Master clothes maker could gain that ability through things like building sand castles or painting the huts or a variety of creative things

Again I don't know how these things might be implemented but I would purchase upgrades. I do now with Guild Wars and The Sims 2 so why not VV?

#19482 - 07/20/06 12:56 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
chelle77084 Offline

Yes, I love the idea of clothes maker.
A teacher is one I would like to see, along with maybe a cook. (If not a full cook position, then you have to have some skill in farming or science to build fire and cook, adds tech points to whichever).
Nursing mothers could at least be able to help heal or learn healing, or if they have the right skills, they could be the teacher or cook.
Expansion to make either a bigger village or explore and some leave home to make a second village....they could trade goods, etc.
Another puzzle that would be great is a hospital or clinic.
I would love to see more random events. In my 3 games, there haven't been very many at all, lol. Some ppl might prefer less, so maybe have the option of none, few, many.
I would definately buy an expansion or two or more, I really like this game and with so many ideas from everyone, you could utilize them thru several expansions.

#19483 - 07/20/06 01:16 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
firefairy Offline

A cook a good idea and the less trained cooks could give our little sims food poisoning!
How about the retired having camp fires for the little ones roasting marshmallows and telling stories...or/and musicians they could start by gathering wood and things ..then carving and finally lean to play. They could be used to entertain, lead a attack of bugs away from crops and so on.
The idea of trades between villages would be great to, villages would have to exist off each other and the explorers would have to make the trades the sim would be gone for a set amount of time.
I like hospitals also and you could have random injuries like "the builder fell of the ladder he will be out of commission for (enter time) in the hospital.
Maybe if LDW does make expansions all of us could help by submitting art for the project or whatever we do that might help cause idea's and such take time and money. Helping with our own game would be cool.

It really is endless and if done well it is a good investment millions of players play games with expansions.

#19484 - 07/20/06 04:24 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Sunnygirl Offline

Loc: Washington (for now)
I think that some nonproductive but real life behaviors would be interesting such as one of the "elderly" villagers "forgetting" say for example your master scientest (sic) forgets and tries to clean the beach when there's no debree (sic)

also at random someone could go swimming in the lagoon and it does a fountain of youth for them and someone in there 30's is now 5 and you have to wait for them to grow up again and retrain them

sorry my spelling is so bad

#19485 - 07/20/06 11:24 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Carly Offline

I think that we should be able to make the house different you know like roofing and stuff

We should be able to have a busnis<--Spelling TeeHee

#19486 - 07/20/06 11:27 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Carly Offline

Roofing and stuff like the walls And flowers
Catch butterflys
go inside Of houses
Make a Buisnis<---Whatever
Change/make clothing and hair

#19487 - 07/21/06 02:32 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Spree Offline

A lot of people seem to hate the game to end. I know my villagers hate it when I finish the puzzle and have to kill them off to start again. How about expansion packs allowing access to other places via the creek, cave or ocean. Also, I wish the villagers made noises when arguing, complaining, telling a joke. It would be cool if when one villager tells a joke the other villager responds with laughter (or something)

Page 4 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter