Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 30 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#38075 - 10/27/06 05:23 PM Re: Where are you from??
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
LOL, well yeah in some parts of Oz it's fairly warm all year round, but where I live (Vic) we're known for experiencing all four seasons in one day heh heh.

#38076 - 10/27/06 05:26 PM Re: Where are you from??
Trin Offline
Adviser

gohill, they're lovely creatures aren't they? We have some wild ones where we live, but as you said they're nocturnal and VERY shy when wild so it's rare that you see them.

I've been lucky enough a few times though, which is good because you can't keep them as pets here, it's illegal so the only chance of seeing one is in the wild if you're observant and know what to look for.

#38077 - 10/27/06 05:30 PM Re: Where are you from??
gohill Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Tabbeh... yeah... sugar gliders and dogs don't seem to mix. BUT... had a older cat at one time. The sugar glider and cat hit it off right away. The glider would "groom" the cat's fur and the cat would lick the glider's fur. CUTE!!! When I carried that one glider around with me, I would sometimes come across other cats... cats seemed to be curious and the glider was calm as could be. Never a problem. But with dogs... not so. The sugar glider would make it's "crabbing" noise and the dogs would run for their lives. Now THAT was funny!!!! A 3oz marsupial making a noise "horrible" enough to send a 45+ lb dog RUNNING for it's life. Give me a break, the glider was a Scooby-snack for the dog - not in the dog's mind!!!!!!!!!

#38078 - 10/27/06 05:56 PM Re: Where are you from??
gohill Offline
Adviser

Trin, it's some parts of the states, since they are considered "exotic" they are illegal as well. Not here, thankfully. Still, you are SUPPOSE to be a registered breeder to sell them. Mine had 7 live joeys. I gave the first four to the breeder and the other three to my daughter-in-law. You talk about WOOOOOOOONDERFUL, those joeys were.. beyond words. I'm at a lost to explain just how cute they were... to die for. My female had others, but... don't want to talk about that, certainly NOT on a post. My original two are grey, which means they were born in captivity. I could not have brought myself to buy one that was caught in the wild. My two have "wild" in them, but living in Texas, to think about releasing them into the wild - pretty much drives me insane to think about it. I don't think I could do that to them even if I lived in Australia or Indonesia. I'm not sure they could thrive - and since they've bonded to me... how cruel would that be?!?!?! Okey-dokey then... we've GREATLY ventured off the path of the original thread. My mind's imagination has taken hold of me and apologize to the viewers.

One more quick note... mine still act shy from time-to-time. Being so little, I don't blame them. Considering an adult human hand can crush them, don't think I'd show myself too often either. But when "tame", and they look up at you.. sniff, sniff... they are just soooo.. sniff, sniff, .... darn.... sniff, sniff.... CUTE!!!!!!! And the JOEY's.... MELT your heart!!!!!!!!!! It even melts "the bear's" heart!!!! Turn a stone into puddy.

#38079 - 10/27/06 08:32 PM Re: Where are you from??
gohill Offline
Adviser

NOT that anyone really cares, but do love my little sugar gliders. Their names: Xena - the warrior marsupial & the mighty Hercules. Why would I name them such? hahahaha... well.... I got the girl first and on the first day, named her Sugar. Changed it the very next day because she was NOT bonded and therefore, NOT tame in any way, shape, or form. In a way, you do NOT want a glider that is "tame", that means it's bonded with someone else and you've ripped them from someone they "think" is their "home". HOWEVER, if they have NOT been tamed, you're in for a ride. I'm friends with the breeder, he was upset that he got so many gliders returned because the owners got fed up trying to tame their gliders. My obsessive nature couldn't possibly be the reason I was eventually successful. Kinda like when you tell your villagers, you WILL learn. I was bound and determined come (blank) or high water, she WOULD bond to me. And, in two months time, she did. I suffered MANY a bite and they BITE ... oh boy, can they bite. Those teeth may be tiny but STAB yourself HARD!! with a thick needle... not pleasant. Pretty much all my fingers were sore by the first week. Was told by the breeder, they may be a 1/3 or 1/4 a size of an adult rat, but they can kill an adult rat and eat it. IF.. you get a "tame" one, my second one, (not happy with the breeder on that one) was "tame" - the breeder took it upon himself to bond with him (that's another story)... grrr... the problem is, the "tame" one will not bond to you like an untamed/unbonded one will. It's NOT the same bond. He rarely bites me, (unless he's trying to sleep or being protective of Joey's) but... he's never going to be bonded to me like Xena. Which brings me back to her name... my little warrior... she fought me tooth and nail till she became bonded. However, once bonded - always bonded. I "could" have changed her name back to "Sugar" after that first two months.. but the irony of a 3oz animal being a "warrior"... too cute to pass. And OF COURSE, if she's Xena, the male HAS to be Hercules. In keeping with my theme, the breeder even named the first male Joey I gave him, Zeus. Ideal name for a 1oz animal (at the time)... wouldn't want to give the little guy a complex.

#38080 - 10/28/06 02:01 AM Re: Where are you from??
SpdrGrl Offline

Loc: Missouri, USA
The way you talk makes me want to get a sugar glider or two. I don't know if Missouri is one of the states where they are illegal but if not I might consider a sugar glider for a pet in the future. If you still want to, you can pm with more info. And you still did not mention what kind of dogs you have. Also, my 12-year-old grandson would make a better candidate for owning a sugar glider. Right now he has two hamsters and he spends a lot of time with them whenever he can, unless, of course, he is visiting with me.

Yeeaaaahhhh! WE WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!

#38081 - 10/28/06 07:03 AM Re: Where are you from??
CaliBrat Offline
Expert

Quote:

Quote:

C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN

Hillarious i wonder how many people actually get it

... I still have my original computer a Tandy 1000SX. No such thing as a hard drive, I had to intert a 5 1/4 floppy to boot up DOS before I could then change the floppy to load the program I wanted. The games I played on that computer were stick figures and bouning dots

#38082 - 10/28/06 07:38 AM Re: Where are you from??
CaliBrat Offline
Expert

Hi ya'll, I'm Chrissy, a 36yo female with no husband and no human children. I have been living the past two years in southern California and my hope is to be able to go back to Texas within the next couple of years. I have 3 'kids' who all have four legs and a fur coat a 3yo orange tabby who I hand raised since she was 6 days old and doesn't like to be told she can't do somethin. She was my ferocious tiger which earned her the name Nala (had I been thinkin at the time it would have been Elsa) My second is a 5yo white calico who from the day I got her has so lived up to the name she received - Bug. She is a total pest and drives everyone crazy with her insesint 'talkin'. The oldest is 6yo and was not a cat I would have chosen for myself. She's just your average run of the mill gray striped tabby. Her name is Tagalong, or Tag as it's been shortened. She receieved her name (if you can't guess) because no matter where I was in the apartment she had to follow me and it didn't matter where. If I closed a door on her she cried, scratched and clawed the bottom of the door till I opened it. I learned to make sure she was with me or to leave the door ajar. I recently had to have my other baby, 13yo Sheltie/Cocker mix, put to sleep as she had some health problems. I am a computer junkie and a complete vv addict. VV is also the only game that I ever bought offline as a download as it was so addictive that I knew I had to have it and wasn't about to wait and see if/when a CD came out. I showed the game to my mom who quickly became addicted as well as my sisters. My 7yo nephew and 5yo niece also love the game, but they only get to play it when they visit grandma.

Nice to meet everyone

#38083 - 10/28/06 09:11 AM Re: Where are you from??
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Nice to meet you Chrissy, my best friend here is Krissie, but she obviously spells it different, anyway I also had a Tandy, isn't it crazy how far we all have come?

#38084 - 10/28/06 09:52 AM Re: Where are you from??
Trin Offline
Adviser

Ok if we're all introducing the animal members of our family too, here's mine.

We are owned by four cats; the matriach Rahzi, a tailess grey tabby manx, two of her sons: Bear who is a black tailess manx and Tiger who is a grey longtailed tabby manx, a black domestic short hair named Keke.

Ruling the roost is Clucky Chan, a white silky rooster, and his three attendants, Silky a white silky hen, Stripes a striped black and white hen and Rusty a brown hen.

Also part of the family is Smokey, our blue heeler cattle dog and Harley, a rough collie x husky.

Beau, our very old chestnut Anglo Arab gelding shares the run of the property with a semi tame echidna (he saves our house from being eaten by termites so were really glad to have him around).

And last but not least, there's 6 clown loaches, 6 pepper corydoras, 2 mollies, one eel tail catfish, one silver shark, one red tailed shark, 2 upside down catfish and myriad of guppies.

Page 8 of 30 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter