Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#38035 - 10/26/06 04:46 PM Re: Where are you from??
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
Yaelle, I need to know!!! please please tell me what your name means I think it's beautiful none the less though, but still I would really like to know.

#38036 - 10/26/06 04:52 PM Re: Where are you from??
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Well, its from the Bible (Book of Judges) and in English I believe it was spelled with a J but there's no J in Hebrew. The literal translation of it is wild mountain goat. As a matter of fact, I have a sister in Israel right now and she just had to take a picture of some Yaelles and send em to me. Actually, I like my name too (thank you) its just a little annoying being called Yale or Yi-yell every day of my life. Its pronounced Yah-Ell. Sorta.
Oh and the coolest part is that the Yaelle in the Bible cut off the head of the General of an army they were at war with - lured him into her tent with like wine & cheese or something...got him drunk & bam!

#38037 - 10/26/06 04:57 PM Re: Where are you from??
Cass Offline
Consigliere

LOL! That's great when I was just sitting here trying to say it I wouldn't have said Yi-yell, so I think that we would have gotten along. Thanks very much for telling me, that is a little funny, but your secret is safe with me

#38038 - 10/26/06 05:03 PM Re: Where are you from??
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
and everyone else who just read the post

#38039 - 10/26/06 05:24 PM Re: Where are you from??
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
I am telling every person that I meet ....... lol

#38040 - 10/26/06 05:30 PM Re: Where are you from??
Cass Offline
Consigliere

you guys are awful! I was trying to make her feel better for sharing her secret! I'm putting tape on both of your mouths! lol!

#38041 - 10/26/06 06:59 PM Re: Where are you from??
Matilda Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
Hello.
My name is Lisa. I live in College Station, Texas. Home of Texas A&M University and The Fighting Texas Aggie football team--Go Ags, WHOOP.

I share my home with my fiancee and six indoor cats. One was mine, four were his, and between us we adopted a homeless kitten. His, hers, and ours.

Before Virtual Villagers, I had never played a computer game, and had no desire to.

My fiancee had been introduced to it via Yahoo Answers. He tried it, liked it, bought it, and decided I would like it.

He tried to interest me in it, but I would take a quick glance at his monitor and that would be it.

One evening he took the bull by the horns, scooted me out of my computer chair, and, without asking, and turning a very deaf ear to my protests, downloaded the game to my computer, started it up, and told me what to do.

I hate to say this, but I ignored the game for days.

Mark had been busy so he had not noticed my silence about the game. When it hit him that I had not been playing, he brought up the game, and showed me all the skeletons....all the little skeletons. I had killed everyone.

In repentance, and to please Mark, I started up another game.

I am addicted.

The characters are cute, the game is either easy or hard depending on how I make it. It is enjoyable.

I am happy to find others who are like meee

Cheers:)

#38042 - 10/26/06 09:54 PM Re: Where are you from??
FishyFrances Offline
Adviser

OK-I'll add to this - it is so interesting to read about everyone!

I'm a retired elementary music teacher in San Antonio, Texas (that's 3 of us in Texas so far!). I am currently teaching music part-time at a private day care, have piano students and direct two children's choirs and a children's bell choir. I am also the organist/choir director at a small Anglican church. Those are the paying gigs. I also play in two bell choirs, sing in a community chorus and in the opera chorus, monitor boards and host chats on a cat care forum, maintain several websites and play VV every chance I get. My housework and exercise have really gone down the tubes since I've discovered VV. It's the ultimate game for a school teacher - we are control freaks. "Get back over there and do your work!" I call them "my little peeps in a box". I am proud that I have only killed off one village - I've got the game going on two computers - five players each. I tend to restart the game after a week or so of solving the puzzles and just letting them run.

I can't wait for the VV2!

#38043 - 10/26/06 10:23 PM Re: Where are you from??
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
Quote:

C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN

Hillarious i wonder how many people actually get it

#38044 - 10/26/06 10:24 PM Re: Where are you from??
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
I do I do. lol I'm old enough but young enough.

Page 4 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter