Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 36 of 41 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 40 41 >
Topic Options
#68422 - 04/03/07 07:14 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: roeslers]
poottersmama Offline
Expert

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
You could have teachers for youngster that teach actual things give them more pre skills. Babysitting for teens say 11-13 year olds. Have more skills, weapon making, sewing, beading jewerly with the stones and shells, they need more housing, pottery making, special hosiptal stuff, actual doctor / pre docs always there. Juice or food place where they can go sit and eat. Entertainers maybe they could have shows they can attend. Just a few off of the top of my head.

#68744 - 04/05/07 11:37 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: roeslers]
Umineko Otaku Offline

Originally Posted By: roeslers
Ha, they could tell the SAME STORIES OVER AND OVER! Just like real-life old people. Or develop Alzheimer's and forget all their skills.

Another idea is that when there is a famine, children could be pressed into service at an age younger than 14

Yeah they could tell old stories and then you click on the kids and it says bored. Then the kids walk away without having the old guy noticing

#69553 - 04/13/07 02:40 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: Buttoneer]
Bug Bandit Offline

Great idea's I love the first one!!

#69554 - 04/13/07 02:46 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: xiann]
Bug Bandit Offline

sorry but I just have to mention this if you place a child vill ager on the left side of the lagoon they will waalk across the water to do their next action.

#69598 - 04/13/07 08:39 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: Carla]
PurrfectPeach Offline
Adviser

Loc: USA
Daydreaming (all, esp. teens)
Tanning (at the beach)
Disinfecting (for doctors)
Hypothesizing (for scientists)
Groundskeeping (for builders, w/ old-style spinning mower)

I would love to see more group games for the kids - *so* cute when they play tag. I suggest ring-around-the-rosey & hide-and-seek (but "hiding" kids should be visible to us;
maybe a little arrow over their heads or something similar)

However, *real* kids don't play nicely all the time - I'd like
to see 2 kids "fighting" and then a parent come over and do some "disciplining" - maybe even send the kids to "time out" in a corner.

Also, *please* let adults use the bathroom once in a while!

#69616 - 04/14/07 12:00 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: Carla]
melikevv Offline
Expert

Loc: texas
how about

kids:
1.play hide and seek
2.mabey could have a chance everyonce and awhile to try out a job and get better at it

#69646 - 04/14/07 06:49 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: roeslers]
OINKA Offline

I like this game because it is simple and based on survival on an island. Introducing MP3 players etc is kind of defeating the uniqueness of this game.

With that said, I think Phillip Earl's suggestion is a terrific idea. Quoting his post, "I've suggested this before - after the final puzzle has been solved, and the population is maxed, the villagers start to build a boat. Upon completion, five or six villagers climb in, and the user is given the option to start a new game with those villagers."

I think the developers should toss the concept around because you could do many different routes with this idea.

Based on his idea, I offer you this as a new strategy to introject in this game.

--Instead of waiting to complete all puzzles and max out population, YOU have the option to pull 5 or 6 toons to man a boat and start a new game versus a generic tribe.

Obviously incorporate consequences for tribal members leaving to go to a new island (actions=new game)as well a new challenges for "experienced" tribal members starting a new island. As developers, you would have to decide consequences based on experience, ie trainee, adept, or master and a mix of such.

If VV3 is the last installment of this game, I would want the ultimate challenge in keeping a tribe alive. It should be difficult but with a harder twist, as i suggested. You have given us the taste of it with VV2, because you do have to micromanage this version of the game in the beginning to mid stages of it. It is quite different from vv1.

Make VV3 a player choice game to move toons.

The biggest player complaint to this game is "I solved all the puzzles"..now what? If I was a developer of this game, my modified idea from Phillip would answer that question."

Let them decide the destiny of their games by deciding to start a new game with existing players or a generic bunch of players. You put together the destiny games.

This game will not be Everquest1,2 etc..but it has evolution.

Virtual Villagers 3 should be a player interactive game strategy with results at the highest degree. If this is the last installment of this game, I think you have a great platform to make it like "MYST" and the rest of their games.

#69648 - 04/14/07 08:21 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: OINKA]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Some things I think would be neat are:

Ceremonies of some kind (marriage; celebration for elders)

Entertainment events (dance; music; magic shows or tricks)

I suggested elsewhere if you could hear the joke or complaint the villagers said that would be funny perhaps

I like the idea of picking flowers. This could go into gift giving which is consistent with the event of the secret admirer. Perhaps the villager could gain skill point...emotional healing counts huh?

Adults playing games with the kids (hop scotch or jacks or something...kick the can..or in this case coconut!)

If the villagers had actions consistent with their likes and dislikes (like monkeys, bannanas, whale meat) that would be good and less confusing.

I think the idea of a boat is great. I could go on and on.

#70204 - 04/19/07 03:31 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: bethlham]
rain Offline

Loc: USA
I want a jail or place of confinement for the "lazy" people. And, more jobs or things to do to get the 3 master degrees. How about making someone the jailer to care for the inmates?

#70207 - 04/19/07 04:43 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: rain]
Patroy Offline
Adviser

Loc: North Carolina
Just a simple idea - how about after a couple has had a child...let it be more apparent that they are a couple - for instance let's say that they can hold hands and walk around together for short periods of time between chores. Such a romantic!

Page 36 of 41 < 1 2 ... 34 35 36 37 38 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter