Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 166 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 26 of 30 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 >
Topic Options
#60336 - 02/28/07 05:11 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
Coleporter311 Offline

Loc: Cadiff, Wales, UK
[font:Comic Sans MS]
Hi everyone, I'm 28 from Cardiff in Wales, I have a six year old boy, I work full time and go to college so I already didn't have a lot of time for housework and now if I ever do find the time do do it I seem to be loggin on and checking on my village people instead,oops, lol. Emma x

#60480 - 03/01/07 12:25 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
Dianthus Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Southern England
I'm Caroline. I'm divorced, 56 years old and live alone in a small third floor apartment in Winchester, a cathedral town in southern England. I have two married children in their 30s, neither of whom live anywhere near me (my son lives and works in Paris) and my daughter had a baby boy in October 1996 so I'm a grandma.

Until July 2006 I was Activities Organiser in a local nursing home, but they made me redundant - then took TWO other people on shortly afterwards :(. I'd only had the job for 6 months after being off work for 3 1/2 years following an accident.

I've done all sorts of things in the past though. I was a translator (Flemish Dutch - in 1996 I spent a month in Antwerp in Belgium translating training course notes into English) for 18 months till the firm went bust. For a year I was also in the Women's Royal Air Force in 1971 till I married in January 1972 so I had to leave.

My father and ex husband were in the Royal Air Force so I moved around A LOT! I went to 9 different schools and never got any academic qualifications so I persuaded my father when I left school to let me learn to type and I've never regretted that because I've temped for years (usually secretarial/clerical jobs - anything from half a day to 8 months and for all sorts of businesses.

I went to university when I was 40 years old - after my ex husband went off with someone else. I got a Bachelor's in English (linguistics as well as literature) and got halfway through a Master's in IT but had to drop out halfway through because all the stress caught up with me big time :(.

I DO have a life outside my computer though. I'm a singer. I belong to a large choir (about 100 singers) which sings in the Cathedral (we're currently rehearsing Acis and Galatea by Handel) and a small choir which goes around to nursing homes and Seniors' clubs singing "golden oldies". There are 9 of us and I'm the youngest! I go to church and I'm currently doing a Pitman Diploma course. I want to learn website design and programming, but I have to do the "bread and butter" of Microsoft applications first before I can have the "jam" of Dreamweaver and the rest, so I'm working my way through Excel at the moment. I taught myself HTML, which is what I used to set up my current website (see the link in my sig).

Meanwhile, I spend most of my spare time on my computer doing online surveys, playing VV1 and 2, Westward, Tradewinds Legends and being a Moderator on How What Why (my screen name there is Sunflowers).

#60558 - 03/01/07 03:52 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
CactusFlower Offline

Loc: Indiana...The Fort
Hey all..I've been a VV fanatic for ages and just found out about the VV2 release...sure am loving it!
I'm in my early 50's and live in Fort Wayne, Indiana up in ne corner of the state. For all of you geneology nutz on here...Fort Wayne has the largest Geneology Library in the US outside of the Morman Church in Salt Lake City.
My hubby and I own an internet retail business where I can actually work at home in my jammies. LOL
We have 1 son who lives at home along with an absolutely crazy Jack Russell Terrier.
It's been great reading about everyone's lives on this thread.

NICE TO MEET YAS!
\:D

#61520 - 03/03/07 02:16 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
Weeza Offline

Loc: Washington
Hi!
My name is Carol and I live in Washington state. I'm new here and have really been enjoying reading all the posts. Love playing VV2 and have almost finished my first village.
(((HUGS)))

#63493 - 03/07/07 09:02 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
Sloan Offline

Loc: Northern California
Hello!
My name is Sloan, and I am from Northern California, USA. The town I live in is not so small (about 30,000 people or so), but it has a lot of farming communities, so it is very spread out.
I love playing the VV games!
I am in my 40's, but I not only play PC games, but I also have PS1; PS2; Nintendo DS; Nintendo Gameboy; PSP and an XBox. We are definately a gaming family!
I have 4 kids (including my step-son). I also have one grandson \:\)

#63496 - 03/07/07 09:29 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Sloan]
Berry Offline
Trainee

Loc: Australia
Hi !!! This is a great thread! I am an ozzie (australian) I am 44 this weekend, Im married for the second time (this time happily) and the mum of one gorgeous 17 year old boy. I love that i can meet people from overseas! ( i guess it wont happen in real life, as i hate plane travel!!) I live in a little town in NSW of less than 2000 ppl, and teach at our high school. Im still learning about how to do things like get smileys etc! (Haven't worked that out yet) Thanks for coming up with this idea as i really wanted to be able to talk to pple! (Insert smiley here!)

Edited by Berry (03/07/07 09:29 AM)

#63876 - 03/08/07 01:49 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Loc: Bristol, UK.
Hiya Cass, Before i start i just want to say thankyou for starting this thread off. So THANK YOU. My name is Jane, I am from Bristol in the UK. I am 40 yrs old (only just in Feb LOL).I work as a senior carer at a nursing home. I have 3 children 2 girls 22yrs & 18yrs, & a boy 15yrs. I also have my 1st grandaughter who will be 2 in April with my 1st grandson on the way in June both from my eldest daughter. I have 2 German Shepherds C.J & Missy (father & daughter), we had the mother also Sasha (RIP) but we had to have her put down in Nov 06 due to her legs & spine going on her, she was a gorgeous dog & so loving especially with my grandaughter. But i still have my 2 others which are also gorgeous. I have read through all the replys & it is quite interesting just knowing a bit about the people who share an interest in VV1 & VV2 also finding out you may share other interest too. I love both the VV's i finished the 1st only just but i bought the 2nd & have started a new chapter, cant wait to see what fun, laughs & sobs i get this time. I will keep checking in for updates on whats going on etc. One last thing QUICKSTORM can you add me to your list pleaseeeee. Hope everyone is ok, B4N all.

#65784 - 03/16/07 06:38 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
Lornaberries Offline

Hi everyone. I'm very new here (this is my 1st post). I've been playing VV for a couple of weeks - I'm totally hooked. I currently have 3 villages; and I've only killed off one village. (My second - I accidentally left it on double time when I went to bed \:\( ). I really enjoyed the captions thread - I'm working on some of those too.

Anyway, I'm from S. Georgia - Savannah actually. This weekend (St.Pats) is our biggest party of the year. 750,000 visitors are expected! I and my 6 fur children won't be getting involved in that. I will be too busy getting Precious to lie down so I can see what the villagers are up to now!

In my other life I'm a QA Manager for a veg oil refinery. You'd have thought I get enough of trying to get people to do their jobs while at work \:\)

#65812 - 03/16/07 08:52 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Lornaberries]
blue_koka Offline
Consigliere

Hello Everyone, What a great topic starter.
I am from a small farming town called Castleford Idaho 2 hours ride east of our capitol Boise we have a pop.245 people.
I am 53,and I am also disabled. There are a lot of us disabled folk. My disability just meaning I can't walk.
I thought I was the oldest woman alive to still play video games. I feel so much better knowing that there are others who still freak out over them.I say freak out,because here I am posting about how much I love a game and writing posts over it.
So many of my family and friends think I've lost my mind.lol
I thought that this forum was filled with young and teenage
}+children and I was totally weird.And I am happy to be wrong.I have a daughter 26 named Aurelia. She is a CNA in a hospital in a town called Twin Falls about 30 miles east of here. She is still going to school to get her PA degree(Physicians Assistant)She seems like a lifer as far as her education goes,she was once going to be a social worker, but formed the opinion she couldn't do it because she might have taken children from thier families. And she believes families need to stay together and work through thier problems.I agree.
I have a wonderful husband who I have been happily in love with for 30 years. And who thinks I am totally crazy to get all excited over a game,but he still puts up with me.
I have a mini pincher named kokakola,a black cat named ash(he is my best friend)two out side dogs named pastor and duke.
And VV has literally saved my life.I am totally dependent on my daughter and husband. And I feel very blessed to say that because so many people in my situation have no one.
I crochet afgans, baby blankets, make dolls and other crafts.
I was always blessed to have been a stay at home wife and mother. There are so many women who have to work outside the home because of financial reasons or because they want to.
I chose to be one of them that stayed at home. But staying home doesn't necessarily mean not working (as I am sure you stay at home mothers agree).
VV is a wonderful game it takes me to somewhere other than my disability allows me. It helps me to put my mind in other directions.It literally has kept me thinking about my little people not myself.
I Really am glad to have met you all.:)

#65879 - 03/16/07 04:28 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
jake8jazz Offline

Hello all - I'm a newby to this and I'm from Portland OR - wonderful city! Loving the VV, but am having a problem solving the last puzzle - the treasure chest. Argh!

Page 26 of 30 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter