Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 33 of 41 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#40602 - 12/18/06 11:20 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: bajantara]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: bajantara
And what about the happiness of others who would like to see a non-harem marriage?

That's why I keep saying if they put it in there then there needs to be a way to turn it off. Like the music or setting the difficulty.

But I'd rather there be no marriage.

www.jamisings.com

#40937 - 12/25/06 11:34 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: roeslers]
Makalapa Offline

I like the previously suggested ideas of being able to select a boatload (4-6 adult villagers, 1 child) to start a new game at the end. What about also providing this option earlier in the game, for those who like to have 2-3 games running on their computer? Start game 2 with "colonists" from game 1. And make boat building an activitity / milestone.

I also like the idea of having masters teach at the school and being able to impart knowledge. By taking your master scientist / builder / whatever out of doing their actual work, it's a judgement call but an investment in the future generation, so it's a real-life type choice.

What about adding some sort of "coming of age" ritual when children become 14 and can work? Normal in primitive cultures (and advanced ones too - could be sort of an Isola Bar Mitzvah!)
These could be officiated over by Shamans if LDW decides to implement that idea -- which is a good one as it's also common in primitive cultures and makes those sprituality tech levels a lot more useful. If the village has a master Shaman, the kid gets a boost starting out in his career in the skill of his choice. If only an adept or trainee Shaman, the villagers just "celebrate" like they do when a puzzle gets solved.

I also like the idea of adding some form of hunting. Maybe not really cute animals though, if that would disturb children. Maybe have wild boars who can bring good or bad luck like the monkeys. The could randomly roam around and dig up truffles for the villagers which have a lot of food points, OR they can go on the rampage and eat some of the food or mess up one of the huts which then has to be recuilt. We'll all probably end up really liking these boars, no matter how ugly you make them, so maybe add a feature where they can kill a boar and get a lot of food points, but the trade off is losing some tech points.

Yeah, probably need to add cooking, don't want them to eat raw pork!

-- Kathryn C
aka "Makalapa" (newbie)

#40938 - 12/25/06 11:37 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: Makalapa]
Makalapa Offline

Oh, and one more thing. The "event" where one of your villagers vanishes into the jungle. It would be cool if in Part 2 or 3, or a future expansion pack -- if it enabled villagers to go through the forest (or the cave) into other parts of the island -- to suddenly "find" your missing villager settled with a different tribe or eking out a living on his own in the jungle.

OR, to have a subsequent event where he comes back into the village and the villagers have to decide whether to let him back or not -- good outcome = he brings tech points and food. Bad outcome - he bring disease.

Wondering where little Ika went to....

-- Kathryn C
aka "Makalapa" (newbie)

#41331 - 01/05/07 03:24 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: cathyj]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
I agree. I would love to see a storyteller; maybe an older person. I would love to see the dads carrying their kids, teaching them to play ball, to fish, etc.
Originally Posted By: cathyj
How about have the mothers sing the babies a lullaby? Or just have some that stop every now and then and burst into song.

Have some play instruments at their "celebrations."

#41338 - 01/05/07 08:42 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: roeslers]
bryan5768 Offline
Frequent Visitor

i think it maybe fun that the mother will give a birth to a quadruplets by the kids the mushroom hunting is in 2-12 years old its better the working is on 13 while breeding 16 and have some work are artists and also have painters napping is the best the baby dies when you drag the mother 10 times or when you force the mother to swim the baby will die

#41343 - 01/05/07 06:29 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: bryan5768]
someone Offline
Adviser

about the kids, i think it should be they are in mothers hand for 0-2 like usual,when 2 they should be able to walk around a bit but stay with mom while she works(every few mins she willl bring the kid to the food bin and stuff like that)this will happen till 4,then 4-13 can pick mushrooms,but at 7 they can start farming because its just not realistic that a kid doesnt have to work till 14.when the turn 14 they can start all of the jobs(research etc.)besides breeding,and at 18 breeding.and also if the kid is with mom and she is a fisher person,the kid will wait at the edge of the water(kids should learn to swim at 7).

#41345 - 01/05/07 06:41 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: someone]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I don't think we want the mothers having kids at 16. Remember that young, impressionable kids play the game as well.

And quadruplets are extremely rare naturally, without proper medical attention the mother would most likely not survive the ordeal, and the children would be underdeveloped and struggle, if they survived at all. THe game does need to have some semblance of realism to it.

I hate that the mothers cannot work for 2 years. I am of the opinion that mothers should be able to do some light duties.

I don't agree that after 2 the mothers should have to stop their duties to take the kids to the food bin. I would, however, like to see the kids periodically tag along after one of their parents and wait at the waters edge or watch research from across the table, etc.

#41347 - 01/05/07 07:41 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: eyeshigh]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The kids tend to be underfoot somewhat when the builders are working on the temple and the idol, especially. I've pretty well given up on trying to work out who was a kid's mother, let alone father, so for all I know they could be watching their parents. \:\)

#41354 - 01/05/07 10:21 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: arnie]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I guess te philosophy has to be that it takes a village. Every villager is mom or dad, brother or sister. They have to be one big extended family or they cannot survive.

They drive me insane with the wandering around the ruins.

#41355 - 01/05/07 10:33 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened! [Re: eyeshigh]
preacherswife Offline
Expert

Loc: The West side of the island wa...
It is probably too late for this suggestion since they are so closed to finishing the game and if someone else has suggested this I apologize. I think it would be nice if there were buttons on the side that show the different jobs and you could just click on your healer button and it would show all of your available healers and so on. It would be easier and faster than scrolling through all of the villagers to find someone.

Page 33 of 41 < 1 2 ... 31 32 33 34 35 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter