Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 175 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 44 of 51 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#40244 - 12/11/06 01:55 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: someone]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: someone
because if ships knew how to get to isola the villagers wouldnt be stranded lol

They're not stranded though. To be stranded means you were on a ship and were ship wrecked. They had to go to a new island because their's blew up. They're survivors/settlers.

www.jamisings.com

#40252 - 12/11/06 04:56 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: JustAGirl]
Nothamoma2 Offline

Loc: U.S. Midwest
Hey guys! My first time to actually post something!! I had a suggestion for the game......I thought it would be cool to have a geneology tree? Kinda like on fish tycoon. I'm definitely not a programmer so I don't know how hard that would be. I was just thinking it would be kinda cool to know parents and grandparents of the villagers.

#40277 - 12/11/06 07:45 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: Nothamoma2]
Zylador Offline
Adviser

If you do that though, Nothamoma2, then you'd be shocked and disgusted every time a female villager mated with her father/grandfather (or vice versa!)

#40375 - 12/14/06 06:52 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: gsw]
Natures_Beauty Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA
you should see the chart and history i have set up to keep track of my villagers geneology... i've fallen over the Cliff of Obsession!

#40416 - 12/15/06 02:04 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: Jami]
someone Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: Jami
Originally Posted By: someone
because if ships knew how to get to isola the villagers wouldnt be stranded lol

They're not stranded though. To be stranded means you were on a ship and were ship wrecked. They had to go to a new island because their's blew up. They're survivors/settlers.
well,you know what i mean,if there were ships that would pass by to trade they wouldnt be stuck on isola because they could just take them to an actual island with shops and whatever, and technically they are stranded because their boat crashed,which is why theres debris

Edited by someone (12/15/06 02:04 AM)

#40423 - 12/15/06 01:21 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: someone]
Cass Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Ontario, Canada
but what about the event with the stranger in a boat? and he gives medicine, I think, if you choose correctly \:\)

#40446 - 12/15/06 09:56 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: Cass]
villageguy Offline

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before or not, but I have a suggestion for VV2. In VV1 I noticed that it seems that the villagers hair color is just random. And to me, it doesn't look right for a 2 yr old to have grey hair. That just ain't right.

How much trouble would it be to have the villagers hair to stay the same, but turn grey when they reach the 'elderly' status? And only be gray for elderly ones?

Also, one more suggestion. Usually communities (of any type) are made up of families. But in the game, after a child is born, and grows to 2 years old, he seems to no longer have any connection to his mother (and never even knew his pop) at all. Could there be ATLEAST be something in their 'details' which says who a villagers mother, and/or father is?

Thanks in advance.

#40454 - 12/15/06 11:50 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: Cass]
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Originally Posted By: Cass25
but what about the event with the stranger in a boat? and he gives medicine, I think, if you choose correctly \:\)

Exactly what I was saying. If there's already a researcher that comes, then why not trading ships? Lots of cultures have remained fairly primitive even though they trade with more advanced people.

www.jamisings.com

#40461 - 12/16/06 12:58 AM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: Jami]
Pichi Offline

Loc: Oregon
I'm not sure if this has been said yet, but I think that there should be an easier way to view the stats of each villager. Like, there should be a way to easily scroll through them all, and be able to have some way to sort them, like, by age or gender.

#41016 - 12/27/06 09:11 PM Re: Suggestions/Improvements [Re: Pichi]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

This may have been mentioned already, but it is worth repeating, especially if there is any chance to get the improvement into VV2...

When I open up my villages after being away (work, sleep, or even playing in another village) there may often be a dead skeleton waiting to be buried.

I let my villagers tdo this, even though the graveyard is already full, but occasionally something happens to stop their trek to the cemetary. The GC may throw a party, or the villager may stop and "Wait for someone." In either case the skeleton gets dropped and disappears! so sad. \:\(

Please either:

1) code the burials so that once started, they finish without being interrupted by other game triggers
2) leave the skeleton in place to be picked up again later, or by another villager

I would feel much better if my little villagers all got the proper burial they deserved.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

Page 44 of 51 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter