Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 402 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19488 - 07/21/06 02:46 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
It's all good stuff...we'll be looking closely at this forum thread as we design ........ our next game...whatever that may be....

#19489 - 07/22/06 06:05 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
brilliantplay Offline

I really like some of the suggestions already posted, especially those about the villiagers building a boat and populating a new island, the addition of some more occupations (i.e. cook, launderer, teacher). Someone also suggested that the masters teach some of the older children their craft, so that when the older child reaches mid adolescence, and can work, they settle right in to do what they have been trained to do (would be interesting to see a master parent train a child. I never got my villagers to mastery of breeding level...).

I just wanted to add that my 5 year old daughter has been playing on her computer, and loves to run in and check to see what her villagers are doing. She very clearly doesn't like some of the uglier menfolk, though, and wonders why the golden child is wearing a dress. She'd like to add that she would like her villagers to go swimming after they've been working for a while because their feet get hot!

I'd also like to see more done with the Temple. Maybe if the villagers honor it enough, it does something. There could be a Spirituality Master who is in charge of tending the graveyard, as well.

On another note, I don't think that enough of the behaviors earn points. The villagers ought to be earning tech points for doing things around the island that promote their wellbeing (i.e. not dancing or being bored, but maybe laundry, cooking, cleaning, fixing, etc.). There should be more incentive to spreading them around vs. having them all hang out at the research table.

#19490 - 07/23/06 03:53 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
MHBrands Offline

Loc: Texas
How about a bad little monkey hunter? I just had one mess up my research table and lost 4500 research points - just when most of my scientists were nursing and I was only a couple hundred points away from Food 3!!

Perhaps the villagers can hunt down and learn to bbq monkeys....

#19491 - 07/23/06 05:06 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
unicornlori Offline

Make all the tech levels same "price", (Level 1, 6000; Level 2, 50,000... well, you get the idea) that way you actually have to choose which order to get them. The way they are now, it's kind of (at least for me) as you get the points, get the level you can "afford". Also, lower the next levels a bit. 50,000 tech points seems like a very high number to get considering how long it's taken just to get 10,000! I am a very patient person, but don't know about that!

#19492 - 07/23/06 05:36 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
lcsdcl Offline

I would like to see wildlife as an upgrade to the food chain - we have crops, so why not have livestock?

Also, the cave presents the perfect continuation gateway - it could lead to another, previously unaccessable, part of the island where puzzles are much harder to complete.

Perhaps tasks that require many islanders to build (at least two mast builders and two mast researchers, etc). An environment that is more hazardous (like fishing boats that are lost at sea) so that the population is thinned more regularly. This would allow for continual births.

Please make a part two that is based on the completion of part one, and make it a more challenging environment so that the enjoyment of the game can be extended.

#19493 - 07/23/06 07:10 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Tuffyes_Joint Offline

Here here I agree wit h this idea I am stuck now I have completed 16 of 16 and I cannot start a new game until my child wakes up and sees what I have done so I am stagnant. I hate that you cannot save your finished games. I also would like to see more interaction between the parents and children on the education side. I can hardly wait to solve another village this time a little harder and by the way sorry I made my first post a spoiler I did not mean to I was just excited. It was so much fun even thoug h it took me 800 hours. Next time it will be lower I hope.

#19494 - 07/23/06 08:39 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Posting a spoiler doesn't make you a bad person! I just tag them so that people don't accidentally read something they don't want to (I don't know about you, but I've never been able to "unread" something)!

You can save finished games. Just follow the instructions in this post and you should be able to keep them as long as you like!

#19495 - 07/24/06 02:18 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
cosmicearthgirl Offline
Expert

Loc: Colorado
I'd really like to see a couple of things...ok, three or four!

1. The villagers should really form a conga line or maybe do the limbo when the GC throws a party.
2. I want a volcano so I can throw the villagers who won't work in it.
3. 50 gravestones is so not enough. I have 90 villagers and I have no idea if a plague is happening or if they are dying of old age. I'm a little OCD, but not enough to write down my villagers.
4. Please make us expansion packs. Please?

#19496 - 07/24/06 10:10 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
SCTNE Offline
Trainee

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Where there is a school (done at the right time of course) I would like to see that you can drag a villager with a 'master' profession to the school to be a teacher instead of them 'voluntarily' go to the babies in the village center. Then the teacher can bang the drum to call the students in to school - that would be NEAT. Then the children who are bred with a bit of 'predfined' jobs can learn and grow more in that profession.

#19497 - 07/24/06 02:51 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
musicimprovedme Offline

I really like the idea of the completed game ending with a boat to start over with old characters.

As far as projects goes, how bout vehicles? It would be cool to have some wheeled cart or whatever to help the people move more rocks or food at a time.

It would be cool if the people had some way to improve their fitness (not just keeping from being sick) so that they could move faster, or lift more, and live longer. Little people doing bench presses and toe touches and situps, hahaha!

Page 5 of 41 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter