Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 24 of 30 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 30 >
Topic Options
#56193 - 02/20/07 11:16 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: vonnash]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
Originally Posted By: vonnash
hey we have a famous person "" George Elliott"" ok not so famous, but thats our claim to fame

not so famous?!?!
We were drilled with Silas Marner when I was in high school and then again in college! We read her poetry too.

Reading her work led us to a really awesome discussion about the inequalities between man and woman, which then was entended into race. I think it was the first time any of the boys, and most of the girls, in my class thought about it.

#56204 - 02/20/07 11:40 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: eyeshigh]
Carrie1001 Offline
Adviser

Loc: South Carolina
Hi, I'm Carrie from South Carolina. I'm a 36 year old married mom to a 3rd Grader. I love computer games but with my busy schedule I've never let myself play much. I tried VV1 and got hooked! I'm anxious to try VV2 but I'm making myself wait. Hubby might get tired of me complaining about all my lazy villagers AND lazy employees! LOL - VV is a lot like Real Life - but I seem to have just a tad more control! It's very nice to meet everyone here.

#56220 - 02/21/07 12:10 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
Sandraasta Offline

Hi, I'm Sandra. As far as age goes both my boys are older than most of you. I live in the Shetland Islands which is in the North Sea 180 miles from Aberdeen, Scotland and 60 miles from Norway. This game is so addictive. My husband keeps slamming the door on his way out of the room when I play it. He is a computer programmer who has no time for "mindless games" as he calls them. I suppose this really could be called "Hands Across the Sea".

#56403 - 02/21/07 05:45 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Sandraasta]
rhesusxpieces Offline

Hi guys. So... I guess I always hate this kind of thing when it's the first day of class and I'm always embarrassed to talk about myself... but I suppose I can introduce myself- it would be rude not to, right? I'm Sarah. I live in Florida, originally from elsewhere, and I'm a college student. Which means, I got addicted to VV because I was procrastinating. And VV2 came out right before I had a major exam (what was I more concerned with?? school or my villagers?? don't ask). I spend more time playing these games than I should, considering the massive amounts of school work I have.

#56438 - 02/21/07 07:13 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: rhesusxpieces]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
Hi Everyone! I live in Bonney Lake, Washington. The girl from Puyallup and the Tacoma person probably know where that is. I am 49, have 3 grown kids, the youngest of which is 20 and he's still living at home (he's a great kid, though, and I'm really in no hurry for him to leave). I also have one 7 year old grandson, whom I absolutely adore. I take care of disabled people in their home for a living and have taken care of the same woman for 5 years now. My hubby isn't interested in any computer games, all he wants to do is try to mess his computer up so he can fix it again. I won't let him touch mine! LOL! He is an electronic tech and loves to fix things. But at least he doesn't get upset with me for being on the computer most of the time. I downloaded VV1 from BigFish then bought VV2 directly from LDW. Love these games (but hate that GC!). I usually play the Sims2 and 3 of it's expansion packs but got tired of it (for now--I'll go back to it eventually) and I was also hooked for many months on Oblivion. I have two dogs (am allergic to cats, but I do like them), a male Black Lab named Seth and a female Golden Retreiver named Sadie (both are fixed, so no pups).

Talking about rain a little further back - we always get a lot of rain here, but this year we broke all records and had so much flooding that they had to declare a state of emergency. As soon as that cleared up we had record breaking winds and lost power for a week. Once that cleared, we had early snow and everything shut down again. Whew! Enough. But as I watch the news about the rest of country, I'm glad I live here. :-)

#56516 - 02/21/07 01:07 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: uhDREE]
Kirsten Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi you guys,

I can't actually wait for VV3... :-)
I finally solved both and cchecking in every time to see what is happening when a activate the gong.. It was so much fun!!

Kirsten

#56695 - 02/21/07 04:56 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Kirsten]
Chrysalis Offline

Loc: Virginia,US
Hello....I am from Richmond VA......Mom of 3 teens...
I've only played the 1 hour freebie versions of VV and VVLC.
I purchased the VVLC version two days ago. Just wished things moved along at a quicker pace....having fun regardless.

#56734 - 02/21/07 05:57 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: uhDREE]
huskergolfer Offline
Trainee

Loc: Nebraska, US
I've been here for a little while, but I never introduced myself so here goes....
My name is Patrick and I live in Valentine, Nebraska. I am 44 (soon to be 45) and married. If any of you have seen the show on TLC called "Half Ton Man" that is me. I have been disabled for almost 16 years and am just now getting to the point where I can get out and do things. In the time that I do spend at home (which is still considerable), I play VV and VV2 almost constantly because I am addicted.

HG

#57257 - 02/22/07 09:13 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: huskergolfer]
NitaNitro Offline
Trainee

Loc: UK
Hi I'm Nita, I've been here a while too and think it's time to introduce myself. I live near a town called Blackpool on the north west coast of the UK (about 40 miles from Manchester) I bought VV1 late last year and quickly became addicted, I have been playing VV2 constantly since last Thursday because I am currently away from work sick. I am married with two 8 year old tom cats called Cobi and Bobbins, ginger moggies who are brothers but so different from each other in temprement you'd think they had never met, let alone spent every day together since birth!
Nice to meet you all

#57865 - 02/23/07 04:37 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
mimi1957 Offline

hello all. I'm here in Albany NY, I was known as CLD on another forum. Several folks tried to EM me through the other regarding VV1 but my replies sending them to this site for help were not allowed through RA. I hope some of you are here and got the answers you were looking for.

Page 24 of 30 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter