Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 27 of 30 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >
Topic Options
#65884 - 03/16/07 04:39 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: blue_koka]
Treen Offline
Adviser

Loc: London, England
Hi everyone, what a great thread! Thanks to Cass for starting it off, I hope she still visits occasionally.

My name is Treen (short for Catriona) and I live in a town a few miles north of London, England. I became 50 this year and have been happily married for 20 years to my wonderful husband. Unfortunately we do not have any children of our own, but he has two sons by a previous marriage, both of whom I love dearly. Through the wonders of the modern family, the elder one blessed us with a granddaughter who is now 17 months old, and the light of our lives, a real treasure. We don't use step-son, etc., in our family, so I get to be her grandmother, or Nana as she calls me.

What I should be doing right now is writing up my PhD thesis for a doctorate in Criminology. When I was 40 I threw in my job as a secretary/PA and went to university where I did a BA, followed by an MA and now working towards completing the PhD - well, actually, not working hard enough. This has been a marathon and I'm not sure I'll ever see the end of it.

It has been great fun meeting you all and spending time on this forum, but now you all know my guilty secret - I should be working!

#66262 - 03/18/07 02:57 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
OnAone Offline

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
Hi I am from New Hampshire, my first time posting to a portal page. I am here because I need some help with my new Village. Hi everyone. I am married one child and a school teacher in Nashua, New Hampshire.

Take care and look forward to getting to meet new peeps online.

#66296 - 03/18/07 06:38 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: OnAone]
MysticMac Offline
Trainee

Loc: Ontario, Canada
My name is Isabel and I'm not from a small town. I live in the middle of nowhere between two small towns in Ontario and I love it here. Recently someone wanted to rezone the area to put in a campground and we fought to keep it rural. We moved here because we wanted to be in the "middle of nowhere"! I'm old enough that I have a card from the government saying I should get discounts!

I have 6 Keeshonden. I used to breed quite a bit but the last litter, a year ago, will be my last. Way too much work!!

#66367 - 03/19/07 02:53 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: MysticMac]
flutequeen84 Offline

Loc: Texas USA
My name is Melody and I live in southeast Texas, right next to Louisiana. It's really much more like Louisiana than the Texas most people think of...no wide open spaces, super humid, and, more importantly, no cowboys. (Actually they're pretty scarce all over the state).
I am addicted to VV quite beyond reason...I leave my lappy next to my bed and wheneverI wake up in the middle of the night I check on them before I fall back asleep.
I'm about to begin grad school to get my masters in flute performance!

Edited by flutequeen84 (03/19/07 03:01 AM)

#67927 - 03/30/07 04:11 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
cazz3012 Offline

Loc: Kent, England
HI, I am from Kent England, I have two kids 19 and 13. one who has autism. My daughter got me hooked on this game. I am also called cazz at home!! never usually play games as my hands are tied up with my son so I sit here in the early hours as an escape to relax. just found out I'm in the leader board cookie munchers!! My daughter started the game and I took over

#67931 - 03/30/07 05:42 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
poottersmama Offline
Expert

Loc: San Diego, CA USA
Born and Raised in Las Vegas, NV
Did 3 years in Minerva, OH
Now in San Diego, CA

#67984 - 03/30/07 04:36 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Cass]
melizrod Offline
Adviser

Loc: New Jersey
Hello All!
I'm so glad I found this topic! It should be pinned so everyone can find it! I'm another oldie but goodie. My name is Mary. I'm 58, retired system analyst, and live in Southern New Jersey not far from Philadelphia, PA. I grew up in Bucks County, PA. I share my house with 4 feline friends, Sasha, Bella, Oliver and Ralphie. It has been so much fun reading about everyone. I'm a master of arcania and I've been told I'm a little "out there". I suspect I have a lot of kindred spirits in this forum. ;\) We should have a convention so we can all meet. Or maybe a bunch of mini-conventions in different areas. Or maybe just meet for coffee or a cuppa!
Mary

#68242 - 04/02/07 03:48 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: melizrod]
Laurelshere Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: MD

Hello everyone. I am from MD. A place called Hagerstown. It is about 1 1/2 hours N/W from Baltimore, MD and Washington DC. We are about 6 miles north of the Antietam Battlefeild. I am a grandmother of 7. I babysit my grandchildren frequently. I have 3 older cats. I love VV1 and VV2. I am looking forward to VV3.
I love this website as well. I enjoy 2 other gaming websites.
I get a lot of email. I used to have 3 websites which I created. I went through a blue funk and deleted all of them. But someday soon I will get around to creating some more. One of them was a blogsite. What is keeping me busy now besides the usual things in my life, my husband, family, pets and home is writing a story about my VV2 villagers which I have been posting here. Look for me under VV2 forum "(Spoilers)--The Lost Children--my own story"
I have posted 17 parts already. I think I shall try to end it at part 20. It's getting out of hand.

~~~Laurel

#68267 - 04/02/07 06:21 AM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: Laurelshere]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Hey again. I like reading about where everyone is from. It is so funny to think how people in such vast places are coming together in the forum. So I'll add something. Having both parents work for the US goverment, I have lived many places: Oklahoma; Virginia; Maryland; Texas. Last stop was in New Orleans Louisiana where I made my own career until I got washed all the way up to Kansas where I've been chillin' (literally) ever since.

#69821 - 04/15/07 11:07 PM Re: Where are you from?? [Re: bethlham]
MamaKelsy Offline

Loc: Delaware County, PA
Hello Everybody
I'm Kelsy, SAHM of 4.75 children. girl 4, boy 3, twin boys 11 1/2 months and due June 2nd with another boy.
We live in Delaware County, PA near Philadelphia International.
I am disabled. DH is a truck driver. He is also a volunteer firefighter for two of the local stations.

Page 27 of 30 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter