Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 172 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 26 of 41 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19698 - 10/17/06 01:06 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Quote:

Quote:

Of course, young children in real life are easily distracted

ya,maybe they could still do the nature is calling and all that and only work sometimes

Or only work for rewards. Like a toy or a piece of fruit. Just like kids IRL.

www.jamisings.com

#19699 - 10/18/06 10:24 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

I definately like the idea of continuing the game after all puzzles are solved by having the colony move to another island with skilled workers but here's an idea. How about only being able to send three people since there are 6 skills to master. That way, you have to not only choose between the males and females (for breeding) but between which skills you think will allow you to survive until your population grows! Just makes things tougher for "level 2".

Interesting idea. Almost everyone would pick two females and one male. How about allowing 4 people, since the hardest level one allows 5? That way you'd have to pick between 3 females and 1 male (growing population fastest) and 2 of each (more security in case you lose someone). Plus is more fun for people who like their villagers to be monogamous (I vary from game to game on that). Also allows for two more levels (3 people and 2 people) if you'd like to increase difficulty each time.

Quote:

Seem like everyone in the game is caucisian. That doesn't seem reflective of the gaming population.

I thought about that. But then I realized that all the villagers came from the same volcano-stricken place. So they would logically all be the same race. Caucasian makes most sense, I think because face paint shows up better. And children's appearances seem random, so people of the same race could have a child of a different race, and that would be odd.

Edited by Tzigone (10/18/06 11:14 AM)

#19700 - 10/18/06 11:54 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
Quote:

Seem like everyone in the game is caucisian. That doesn't seem reflective of the gaming population.

You have to realize this is meant to be a simplistic style of game. Its a small game, with a lot of bundled fun and you cant make a game like this to detailed or else you lose track of the value of the game and it becomes to difficult trying to nail 100's of little aspects that could be different. Tzigone has a good point they all came from the same island and who knows in the world of Isola maybe they are the only people on the planet You can look at it 10 different ways but i think at some point you have to add to game playability and not so much on the minute details. Im not partial and whatever LDW does is fine with me, they make great games i think i dont care what color the people are. It is just a game.

#19701 - 10/18/06 06:00 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
CaliBrat Offline
Expert

I agree. So to solve this all villagers should be turned green with long pointy ears and big hairy feet. That way no one can cry foul on race issue :P

#19702 - 10/18/06 06:10 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

Quote:

I agree. So to solve this all villagers should be turned green with long pointy ears and big hairy feet. That way no one can cry foul on race issue :P

Green? Can it be a pretty green? And we'll have to make sure their clothes don't clash, okay? (I cringe when I see my pink-haired women in certain outfits)

#19703 - 10/18/06 06:16 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
CaliBrat Offline
Expert

I suppose a pale mint green would work, but they must have long pointy ears and big hairy feet. LOL

#19704 - 10/21/06 02:33 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Cutterbob Offline

I'm not really sure how it happened but I opened a crate someone found on the beach and it had rats in it and after about 30 people got sick the and as I was curing them with a healer the GC made a party and instantly everyone was heathly again.

#19705 - 10/21/06 06:04 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
someone Offline
Adviser

ya whenever the gc throws a party it heals everyone...

#19706 - 10/21/06 07:00 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Cutterbob Offline

Well I guess you learn something everyday I didnt know that

#19707 - 10/21/06 10:16 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
MissVlovesu Offline

Loc: Somewhere, nowhere, anywhere
i think it would be cool if the parents would ground the kids in the ruin or something.... or maybe the moms could "Drop of baby at daycare"

i WOULD ALSO LIKE TO GO INTO BUILDINGS *(EXCEPT FOR THE "LOVE SHACK" as some peopler call it

Page 26 of 41 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter