Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 402 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 7 of 41 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19508 - 08/02/06 04:06 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
cathyj Offline

Hey!

I've played several games now and I agree with a lot of the replies to this!

Love the idea of old people having gray hair.

I would love to see:
-sick people easier to identify at a glance ( hard to find when you have 90 people) - maybe have them look green.

- to be able to see the stats on my villagers, more than one at a time. You could look down a list and see who's sick, weak, old, ages, etc...

- to know who the parents for my new little villagers are. It is hard to keep up with when you get a significant number of villagers. Maybe on their bio page add a line.

- I would LOVE for a boatload of them to go to a new beach, or mountain clearing and start up a new village!

My four year old daughter and I have had a great time playing! (Despite her questions like "So kissing makes babies?" "Why aren't those babies in their mommies' tummies?" . Keep up the great work!

#19509 - 08/03/06 10:03 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
tigergirl923 Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Yeah that sounds good you also could have farming equipment and Building equipment and you have to earn a level and/or credits to get to be able to use it.

#19510 - 08/03/06 01:14 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
holly23 Offline

I would love to see this game online and have blue blnkets for boys and pink for girls.

#19511 - 08/06/06 10:35 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Dar Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well if you ever want to bring out an "Adults only" version of the game then you could eliminate that "these villagers are the same gender" when you put a couple together. Of course that wouldn't help bring babies but it might be interesting.

Seriously, I've had a real problem with an imbalance of skills and it would be great if there were some way to take one of my three master scientists and retrain them as builders or farmers, for example.

I know you get more tech points for doing research, but apart from medicine what are the scientists good for? Personally I could use a little more detailed help - I'm hoping that when I grab an untrained 14 year old and start him building he'll become a builder but this theory is not yet proved. I don't know how I wound up with so many scientists - is that cause they have a lot of skills at research maybe?

It's rather pathetic that at 50 I'm a worse video game addict than either of my sons (30 & 16) but this game is just so much fun. Clearly I need to look into getting a life...lol.

#19512 - 08/06/06 10:39 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Dar Offline
Expert

Almost forgot - it would be great if in the details you were able to sort the villagers somehow? Maybe group them by skillset or something? I'm already having trouble keeping track of when my kids are old enough to start working and/or having kids of their own.
Maybe you could add an alert "this villager can start working" or "this villager can start breeding". I've only got 31 villagers now - probably a few more by the time I get back I think some of the babies will be 2 - and I'm getting confused already.
Thanks.

#19513 - 08/07/06 04:54 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Squashbee Offline

Loc: Taiwan
Another suggestion (If I may) is that there should be an age limit for breeding. One of my master scientists at age 68 is currently caring for her newly born twins. I went numb when I saw her holding two babies. o.O

I accidentally dropped her onto someone else when I was placing her near the research table. I thought elders cannot breed anymore, but apparently they can. >_< I tried dragging them away before they can get into the shed but that didn't work, cos the babies appeared right in her arms when I picked her up. lol xD

And I definitely agree with the dead corpse thing...please. Put their skeletons somewhere else, or at least make the nursing moms sit somewhere else and not beside the corpse. It's kinda scary, and ominious-looking... xD

- Gail

#19514 - 08/07/06 05:11 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
mizmudgie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: USA
I would like to see meals together. Mothers with their kids, not just pop them out and run.

Edited by mizmudgie (08/07/06 05:11 AM)

#19515 - 08/07/06 06:30 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
CariGirl Offline

Loc: Canada
Just finished my first village! Wahoo! Some things I'd like to see... some have been mentioned before but in case there's a "vote" rating to requests... ;-)

- old person characteristics... when all 90 are running around there are repeats and hard to know who is your old scientist you're looking for without going to the list and sorting through it
- additional clothing and hair graphics... even if you just add more color variety it'd be great. With only 90 villagers the repeats stand out really badly and it's hard to distinguish them, especially as with 90 they're still individuals as opposed to a faceless mob so the tracking becomes difficult. Even just 10 more hairstlyes, change the color and look, and 10 more clothing styles (look and color) would spread the recombinations out by quite a bit
- the list... seemed like it was listing people by age at first, but then after my population grew it descended into chaos. Toggling madly through 90 entries trying to find my 63 year Jomo farmer in the bunch etc
- obviously a bigger village and more land to explore etc. When I began the game I was excited to imagine eventually having the whole area a thriving community, with a market, many more houses etc, filling up all that bald land around the main starter huts. Eventually they could expand through the cave to other colonies, begin trading etc. I'm not keen on social classes (too fuedal for me personally) and I think the diff skills work okay, so maybe just additional skills (barter, merchant etc)
- I was a bit turned off with the GC being so needed in some puzzles. Like here I've played this game for almost 200 hours and then 3 puzzles depend on the GC, sort of felt like it took away from my own input into the game and solving the puzzles. I liked the frustration of trying to solve them, but would have liked maybe 1 fun final climax thing for GC, but the rest are all up to me to solve. GC wrapped up the last of the game so fast that now I have nothing to do but chase butterflies and do laundry. ;-)
- interface design -- I find the "Play" and "Start Over" buttons being right next to each other in the main menu an undesirable choice... usually you have the go/save/play buttons placed far away from quit/don't save/redo etc, to eliminate any possible slippery fingers clicking the wrong one. I'm sure there's a 'are you sure' type thing to save us from ourselves, but just good form to separate the two very obviously and definitely (I worked on PC game of the year Dark Age of Camelot, doing some graphics for them, and other d20 RPG games, just my opinion/suggestion on it). Anyway, maybe just my paranoia of clicking the wrong one, but with such possibly bad results it just made me nervous having them beside each other. Same with the player name list when you change players... having the 'delete' buttons there begging to be pushed, right beside the name... maybe my own fear from sending off too many emails by hitting the wrong key typing too fast, so just my opinion
- bee keeping! I don't know what my obsession with bees was in the game, you don't see any in the cove but my husband and I were sure somehow bees would come into play (what with some of the players liking bees etc) and these bee lovin' people would become beekeepers for our village. Anyway, I used my people to chase those goofy butterflies around for hours, trying to herd them over to the flower field or something... regardless bees/beekeepers/beehive hut etc might be neat and another skill. Honey may have some added mental benefit for the villagers, like swimming or relaxing does
- along those lines I thought the GC icon in the puzzles was a slug or something similar... then decided maybe silk worms would grow from the butterflies if I could just get the butterflies to do something on the berry bush since berry gathering at that point wasn't a huge food source (as opposed to fishing). From the silk worms then the berry bush would convert to a silkworm bush, and then looms could be built and then my people could weave cloth/clothes. I guess I had an obsession with the butterflies. ;-) But anyway, still might be neat ideas, and a tricky way to take something the user thinks they've already figured out (the berry bush) and turn it around into another use and puzzle...they might not think to reexamine the bush because they've already grown berries there etc.

Anyhow, loved the game... I won't order my OSX mac until later this fall (still on OS9) so I have been kicking my husband off his macmini every 6 hours to check on my villagers, and we competed lightly with who had more babies at once etc. Tons of fun! I told my husband that this was my killer app for moving to OSX... ;-)

-Cari Buziak

#19516 - 08/07/06 01:39 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
cathyj Offline

How about have the mothers sing the babies a lullaby? Or just have some that stop every now and then and burst into song.

Have some play instruments at their "celebrations."

#19517 - 08/07/06 04:31 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Dar Offline
Expert

I'm with you! I'd also like to see teachers - and what's the deal with that drum anyway? At what age do kids stop responding to it? Seems I have a bunch of young'uns who aren't old enough to work but are too old to respond to the school "bell" - what's up with that?

Dar

Page 7 of 41 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter