Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 135 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 20 of 41 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19638 - 09/27/06 03:05 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
OH OH OH OH I GOT THE BEST IDEA!!!! (TYPES IN CAPS CAUSE IDEA IS SO GOOD) THE BEST RANDAM EVENT EVER! MAKE IT SO OUT OF THE BLUE A PERSON CAN START RUNNING DOESN'T MATTER WHAT AGE! I know I know its random now but thats at birth. I want them to be able to do that after there born. Something like they needed to get fit or something like that. You know lol everyone else is on this fitness kick why not the villagers? Heck if they can exersize with rocks and run around now like crazy why can't they just do a forest gump and run everywhere like him. And than lol they can out of the blue stop. Like he did.

#19639 - 09/28/06 05:54 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
justeyez Offline

I am about 40 hours into this game and am totally hooked, but there are a few things that I haven't seen as of yet that I think would add more dimension to the play. The villagers themselves need more personality.

While the early days are rightly all about survival, I want to see more personalized individuals evolve as village life, as a whole, becomes more stable. Where are the prophets (they would hand around the temple) and poets (always found by the garden - just looking at, but they never get their hands dirty helping maintain it, they just witness) ,or the musicians and artists? I haven't got to the cave yet, but there should be some type of cave drawings. Or maybe a village mural? It's a waste to have that drum only be used to summon the little ones to school.

Where are the relationships between the villagers? We see villagers 'going inside'- somebody should form some types of attachments. What about some subtle displays of love and affection for a particular villager, or jealousy and possessiveness? It doesn't have to be over the top, maybe a villager just has a certain smile for particular villager only, or holds their nose in the air at another.

I am always amused when one of the villagers runs away to avoid the embrace of another. This is about the strongest 'emotion' I have seen. And after all the effort it takes to water that garden, you'd think somebody would lay a bouquet of flowers at somebody's feet.

I know this is considered a family game (and do not suggest that this should change), but there should be a dark side as well. By this, I mean where are the alcoholics (or the alcohol, for that matter)? Where is the peace pipe? All civilizations utilize these substances, at the very least in a cerimonial manner.

And before anybody starts yelling at me, keep in mind that these villagers live with the morbid skeletons of their predecessors scattered all about before the player learns how to bury them.

Oh, and the children should get into a few fights, now and then. Over who found the mushroom first, winner take all!

- justeyez

#19640 - 09/28/06 06:24 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Daisey Offline

I see that the progress of the new game is 55%, so this might be a bit late in adding my 2 cents worth, but I just got the game and have only been playing it for a few days....straight. It's a great game and quite addicting! I got the game for my 7 year old, and after he accidentally killed off all his villagers he wanted me to get another game started for him and I got hooked! Several of these suggestions have been mentioned, but I wanted to reaffirm them and add some new ones.

* It would be nice to see the school used more, perhaps keep the children there a bit longer, actually have a teacher and give the children some kind of skill.

* It would be great if dragging the kids to a mushroom a few times taught them how to look for them on their own.

* My son loves the nature calling for the kids; I figured that is what caused the flowers to die! It is kind of disgusting that the villagers like to hang out in the garden when it's just a toilet, and then once they become adults they NEVER are called by nature again??!!?? If this is a magical garden, shouldn’t going there revitalize a villager to full health?

* A community kitchen would be great, new skill of cook is a great idea, and it could be a building that the villagers have to build.

* Hunters, also a good idea.

* I don’t like the idea of shops or money or politics, I like the community aspect.

* I love the idea of music, drums would be great!

* I like that the mothers hang out with the babies so long, but think that they should be caring for all of the kids while they are nursing. I also wish the babies showed up in the details so we could name them before the age of 2. It would be important to know if they are girls or boys, so we could know if the village needed more babies to balance out the sexes in case there were too many of one sex being born.

* I haven't had very many events; I would enjoy more of these.

* I agree that the elderly should have an appearance change.

* A couple of things about breeding. My son asked me about the villagers going indoors, and I told him that they go indoors to talk about whether they like each other enough to have a baby or not.
I wasn't aware at one point that I needed more huts before I could have more babies; and I was trying for a really long time to get my gals to have babies. It started to feel like I was raping the poor girls when I was chasing them around with guys and dropping them onto them. Then the little villagers were just having an orgy all going into the hut at the same time. It actually got kind of gross after a while. Some kind of message should tell you what the occupancy is per hut or that your population can not grow until more huts are built.

* The map makes it look like they can eventually explore away from the village, I'm a bit disappointed that they can't. After all, someone lived there before obviously, there is a well and there are ruins, it would be cool to find out more artifacts from the previous inhabitants.

* The villagers don't use any of the buildings they build, and never go into any, other than the 'love hut' or to get dirty laundry.

* I like the idea of day/night to show the passing of time, or rain clouds passing over the crops. The mushrooms only grow after a rain too, so this could lead to learning to a rain dance for a purpose.

Those are my thoughts. I’ll be keeping my eye out for the new game!

#19641 - 09/28/06 11:52 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
tmckinzey Offline
Trainee

Loc: Texas
I just don't understand how a female villager gets by with doing NOTHING when she has a kid. Man, I wish I had been able to do that. Just put them on a papoose board or sling and keep working. I didn't get to do nothing with 5 kids. Make them live and sleep and everything in their huts. The only hut they goin to is the love shack. The rest of the huts just store clothes? Right, that is life like isn't it, or maybe not. Lol. IF their going to use just one hut have them build just a large closet. That is all the huts are for anyway. I just love this game. The only thing done in this house when the village is going is the village!

#19642 - 09/28/06 07:13 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Cassie1980 Offline

Loc: Bennington VT
I'm only through like, 3 pages of things to change but I keep noticing that people keep complaining that the school does nothing but gather children. IT DOES!!! if you have ever paid attention, once your school is built your children are born with a little skill, based on the level of skill their parents had while breeding. When you beat the drum and the children gather they learn a little more of that skill. I've only been playing this game for a few days and I noticed it.

#19643 - 09/28/06 07:29 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Cassie1980 Offline

Loc: Bennington VT
sorry, I should have done this all at once but... oh well.... I've read a few sugestions of a family tree and think it would be a good idea also. It would be good to know if I am inbreeding lol. In zoo tycoon when you clicked on the detailed information of the animals you got a list of who the father was and siblings etc... the problem with that ws if you released the animal into the wild, or gave it for adoption to another zoo. And I made the mistake of naming all my villagers after family members. Needless to say I found it odd to breed my sisters with my husband (ewww!!) There were other things I was thinking of but i'm sure they'll come to me when I see them again,

#19644 - 09/29/06 01:16 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Joxer Offline
Trainee

Loc: SD
I would like no unauthorized breeding on my island. If I want to make kids I will drag the villagers together or set them to breeding. (I want my own Jurassic Park)

Its tough when I come back to the game and see half my women pregnant and dont want any more kids because of food or other reasons.

#19645 - 10/03/06 04:27 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
JuJu888 Offline

It would be great if the kids could get hugs and/or affection(say a pat on the head) w/o the "this villager is too young" popping up.

#19646 - 10/03/06 06:53 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
tmckinzey Offline
Trainee

Boy I am sorry I just had to delete my game with the GC. He is so irritating I just want to turn him over my knee and blister his hide. Why doesn't he grow up? Why doesn't his MOTHER correct him? He just runs wild as a March hare. Making parties, making parties, making parties, making parties, in school, while everyone is working or learning, you just get everyone on task and GC makes a party.! Sorry LDW but he is just to much!!

#19647 - 10/03/06 06:55 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
tmckinzey Offline
Trainee

I am going to start a new game and NEVER I SAY NEVER GET THE GC!!!!

Page 20 of 41 < 1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter