Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 172 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 30 of 41 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19738 - 11/15/06 10:18 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You are correct. That activity can also be used as an emergency food supply, but the mushrooms were not intended as a means to create juvenile farmers.

#19739 - 11/16/06 06:53 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

It's just that the mushroom picking can be so frustrating...

Sometimes I search and search and none pop up and other times I see a bunch in a row. But it seems that when I really need the mushrooms and I finally spot one, by the time I find the kid and drag him/her over, the mushroom disappears.

Occasionally I'll use the kid to roam around the village so at least them I can drop him/her on the mushrooms quicker.

It would like it better if there was a set timing, or pattern to when/where they appear. Or some sort of message displayed "a mushroom just grew" so that I would know to find it at that time.

I guess my problem is that while I love the game, I would like there to be a better compromise between letting it run on it's own and 100% concentration.

My scheme above would still let the player find and get mushrooms, but there is still a chance that a kid can do so on his/her own.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#19740 - 11/23/06 01:59 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Lilas Offline

This may not fall under additional behaviors. Regarding the graveyard, which I like since it's a record of my past loved villagers, I think it needs some additions. It would be nice if somehow in the game there was a record of all the past villagers who died, since the graveyard can't hold them all. Also, I wish the tombstones, when clicked, didn't just tell a name, age and job but had a pic, because sometimes I forget whta they looked like. I get attached to my little villagers and I want to remember who they were!

#19741 - 11/24/06 05:43 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
TheDoc Offline

I would like to see children arguing and mom or dad stepping in to discipline such as giving the child/children time out. Since the villagers often do rain dances, let it rain with thunder and lightening. Also, I would like to actually see the crate wash to shore. After it arrives that is when I would like to get the pop-up to make the decision to open it or not. If it is opened I would like to see the villagers open it. For example if there are tools I would like to see them get the tools out and start to use them. I'm not sure that it is necessary for the villagers to go to another island, but I would like for them to have the ability to explore the backside of the island. I know there have been some posting about children dying. I really hope we don't go there because this is a game where we can escape some reality. It would be fun to see the monkey and everything that it does, not just read about it on the pop-up. I really enjoy this game and look forward to the upgrade.

#19742 - 11/26/06 12:53 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Star Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio
Hi everyone, I hope this hasn't been mentioned yet. If so then please disregard.

How about while scrolling around the island we no longer have to hold down on the ground and move then grab the ground again and move. Just make it when you move your mouse then you travel around the island.

It would make things alot easier.

Thanks for reading.
Star

HP Pavilion 1410 Tablet laptop with touch screen/Win Vista Home/Dual Core AMD Turion 64x2/2.2 GHZ/1982 GB RAM/DirectX 10/330 MB VRAM

Palm Treo 700P

Palm T5

Gateway Convertible Laptop M280 Intel Pentium M
Processor 1.73GHz
1 GB of Ram

#19743 - 11/26/06 01:38 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
preacherswife Offline
Expert

Loc: The West side of the island wa...
Good idea! When I switch from vv to some of my other games that don't have to be held down it takes me a minute to get my barings. I keep trying to hold and drag on my other games and forget that it is not necessary. It would definetly be easier to just scroll the mouse.

#19744 - 11/26/06 03:43 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
2Tone Offline

Quote:

I've suggested this before - after the final puzzle has been solved, and the population is maxed, the villagers start to build a boat. Upon completion, five or six villagers climb in, and the user is given the option to start a new game with those villagers.

I think that would be great

#19745 - 11/26/06 04:42 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Maybe make that one of the options? Cause movement like that in games tends to give me motion sickness. I've got a couple of games I spent good money on I can't play without a hefty dose of anti-nausea medicine.

www.jamisings.com

#19746 - 11/26/06 09:37 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Star Offline
Expert

Loc: Ohio
Well for older people who have arthritis in there thumb knuckles and hands it would be a blessing to have that option.

HP Pavilion 1410 Tablet laptop with touch screen/Win Vista Home/Dual Core AMD Turion 64x2/2.2 GHZ/1982 GB RAM/DirectX 10/330 MB VRAM

Palm Treo 700P

Palm T5

Gateway Convertible Laptop M280 Intel Pentium M
Processor 1.73GHz
1 GB of Ram

#19747 - 11/29/06 10:42 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
devilyn Offline

Make some kids who dislike rest, and they do work! And vice versa for adults.

Page 30 of 41 < 1 2 ... 28 29 30 31 32 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter