Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 402 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 17 of 41 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19608 - 09/13/06 02:33 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
dudeman Offline

I think there shouldn't be a population limit and also you should be able to explore Isola. Like pathways to your other village then they can trade food for tech points.

#19609 - 09/13/06 10:25 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
mose Offline

have a few ideas
what about expanding the grave yard
or have list of peoples that have past away
what about once the cave is open let some one with master skills explore it or maybe they have to invent fire or buy with teck points so they can see inside
or maybe once you done that have the cave to come out on another part of the island and find differint food and be able to start another tribe there
and what about founding the school it does not have no purpose what about when the kids do go to school give them maybe 1/100th of teck points each time
just having some ideas have more but page aint big enough
but keep up the good work iam a plumber what do i know

#19610 - 09/14/06 11:50 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
she Offline
Trainee

Quote:

OK, here's one:
How about letting more than one villager acquire skill points from an event?
Specifically, when two villagers go off to the honeymoon hut, shouldn't BOTH of them get Breeding boosts?

I vote againist this becaue I do Not want any unsanctioned breeding and I have enough trouble with the males as it is....

I Do like the "Bored" teens as it helps me notice they have reach usefullness...

#19611 - 09/14/06 02:39 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Starblaze Offline

Loc: TX
Shoudn't the nursing mothers be able to make a sling or papoose to carry around the baby, then they could at least do light work while caring for the baby

#19612 - 09/14/06 04:42 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
cottontail Offline

Maybe marriage? And a family tree-PLEASE!
Villagers actually interact with each other more.- Children play together,adults tell stories, talk ect.

#19613 - 09/14/06 10:39 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
dudeman Offline

the golden Child should age and die because after a while he gets annoying

#19614 - 09/14/06 11:01 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
CaliBrat Offline
Expert

Quote:

I think there shouldn't be a population limit and also you should be able to explore Isola. Like pathways to your other village then they can trade food for tech points.

Not everyone is playing on the same type of computer so without having a pop cap it would make the slower, older computers run slow and sluggish, if it worked at all. I don't know about you, but I've played games where you have to sit and wait a for the computer to catch up to what you're wanting it to do and trust me it's no fun. As new games come out they seem to require more from your computer than what it has making it where if you want to play the came you have to upgrade your computer or purchase a new one such as the fairly recent (to me it's recent) jump to 3-D games. I love playing the simulation/ strategy/ tycoon whatever you want to call them type games but the recent ones that've come out that I'd like to play all jumped on the 3-D band wagon and my computer wasn't 3-D capable. So, on top of spending the $20-$40 on the game, I would have to of bought a new video card. I recently broke down and purchased a new card, however being that it was not cheap I couldn't afford to buy the games too. Don't you just love life's little ironies.

Ok, I'll get off my soap box now

#19615 - 09/16/06 06:30 PM Suggestions for VV 2
bbvv Offline

I've enjoyed playing VV and the innovative real time function is a definite boon.

I do, however, have a few suggestions (some of which have also been suggested by others):

1) When someone dies it would be nice to know if their death was because of something other than old age -- if the deceased grave stone would say the cause, e.g. illness, starvation, etc. it would be helpful information in order to keep the other villagers healthy and living.

2) I very much wish I could sort my villagers by skill, sex, age, health, action etc. Particularly as the village grows this type of ordering would help me in solving the puzzles, particularly as the puzzles become builder-intensive.

3) A fever chart of villager attributes and villager actions would also be helpful in keeping track of what’s going on in the village. This would help for instance in finding a healer to cure or to put all my researchers at the table. It would also be helpful to be able to select multple villagers at a time to put them on a task.

4) A nursery school would also be helpful to pen up the multiple children roaming the village until they grow or they could go inside the school for a while with a master villager to teach them skills.

5) Why is it mothers are out of commission for so long after birthing? Why don't fathers spend any time with the children? Why do parent seem to have no interaction with their children after nursing?

6) There seems to be no value to allowing the villagers to celebrate, eat, drink well water, do laundry or exercise -- these all only distract them from work. Shouldn't these actions count in keeping them healthy? They also don't sleep - something else that should help them stay healthy.

7) There also seems to be no value in planting or watering the farm or rain dancing. Shouldn't these make the crops grow faster?

8) I wish there were more frequent events! In one game that I long ago finished there've been only 12 events over 278 hours. That's about one event per day -- not nearly enough to keep the challenge and interest going.

9) A few small gllitches -- sometimes a mother will be nursing without holding a baby, sometimes villagers will disappear from the screen, sometimes the game will stop responding for a few minutes or the pointer hand will get 'stuck' in one position, on the map the scaffolding, particularaly on the ruins, does not appear with the ruins, and, last, the 'action' and information about villagers sometimes seems to lag so, for instance, that I'll get a 'villager too young' message when I've already moved on to another villager. This isn't really a glitch but the number of villagers buried doesn't go past 50 even after more than 50 have died.

10) It would also be good to know how much food you need per villager in a given time. I wish I had, for instance, something that said "there's enough food to last X hours" or 'your current food will run out in X hours.' It would make it much easier to plan.

11) It would also be nice to know how much a given villager could get done of a task in how much time and have their efficiency improve as their skills improve, e.g. master farmer can reap XX amount of food in one hour, adept farmer can reap XX minus 5. It seems all levels of expertise get the same amount done. And a master should be able to teach lesser skilled villagers their skills.

12) I know others have suggested this but having the nursing mothers and the decomposing villagers in the same spot is just icky!

13) Seem like everyone in the game is caucisian. That doesn't seem reflective of the gaming population.

14) I wish all the puzzles had use beyond discovery, e.g going in the garden would heal the sick, dipping in the lagoon would produce twins, exploring the cave would multply food.

Thanks again for providing this game and the active forum. I look forward to the next version!

#19616 - 09/17/06 11:12 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
preacherswife Offline
Expert

Loc: The West side of the island wa...
When you go into the detail part about a villager it tells you how many more minutes left for nursing.

#19617 - 09/19/06 12:21 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
amt4886 Offline

some suggestions:

a "retirement" hut. once your villagers become elderly, they have to stop working and retire or else they die sooner. and if not a retirement hut, then they just stop working once they become elderly and start playing with the kids.

teachers. only a master at their trade can teach and you can pick and choose which kids learn what trade (ie if their detail screen says they have some research skill, you can click on that and they can get "taught" by a master scientist) they should at least be able to learn enough to be at the trainee level when they finally turn 14. maybe once you get a master at something, you have the choice to turn them into a teacher.

aprenticeship. once they turn 12 they follow around a master of a certain trade and they don't actually do any work, but they learn more about their trade. this could go with the teaching, instead of having all of the kids go to school, only those like 12 and up (or 10 and up) can go to school and have a master become a teacher.

I like the ideas of skinny dipping and other real behaviors like napping. they also should sleep and the night and day would be fun, one of the puzzles could be creating fire to allow them to work a bit later (but they still sleep). the cook and the tailor would be fun as well. you can't have a cook until you can create fire and you have to make a loom to make clothes.

seasons. this could also go with the tailor, they have to make different types of clothing for the different seasons. this would also make it more exciting to play, like there's a blizzard and they have to stop building and the kids can go ice skating for fun.

weather, like above with the blizzard, but if it rains, you have to stop construction, but it makes your crops grow faster. this could also incorporate other puzzles too, like a research hut or tent (so you can see inside)

and being able to sort them by their age/sex/trade would be really nice.

Page 17 of 41 < 1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter