Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 194 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 41 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19498 - 07/24/06 06:48 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
auntypj Offline

My peeps have to do laundry but never change their clothes. Quel domage! I want pretty dresses. Hmmm, grow flax, make thread, weave, dye, sew, etc. Okay, let's do all that in the laundry hut, lol. Go in get a change of clothes, don't like it, go in again. Think of some brilliant idea. My prettiest VV is really old now, sigh. The world will soon be a duller place.

#19499 - 07/25/06 02:43 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
musicimprovedme Offline

OOOh I have another idea. It seems to me that it would be good to know, not only the physical health of your people but their state of mind (content, bored, depressed etc), and their personality (lazy, helpful, generous, hard worker etc). Could you offer an option that clicking on the person gives you these stats?

#19500 - 07/25/06 07:54 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Ryshtyan Offline

The option to start on a new island with a select batch of characters would be awesome. And with this group they'd be cast off to a new adventure that perhaps still ties with the old island. With The Sims you have a neighborhood of multiple homes where the characters have the ability to interact with each other. That would be kinda cool. The idea of having one village keeping tabs with the other. This would be kind of neat in online mode as fellow players can compare notes and share in the game play.

More diversity among the characters in the game would be nice as well. I am in agreement that some of the children should be allowed to develop their experiences so that by the time they become an adult they already have a good wealth of knowledge towards whatever specialty you cast them in. I know I had one game where my little girl opened a drum and instantly became a medical genius, but that was a one time deal I experienced. I know in the game some of the kids have a bit of experience in a particular field. I look at it this way, why not that child who has that piece of experience be allowed to tinker with it in the form of hobbies that could possibly pay off among the rest of the villagers as work.

As a kid I loved to fish. Not only was it a great way to relax for a weekend, but it allowed supper from time to time too. This should be a feature available within this game. It's not really "work" but a hobby that pays off in the form of food.

As far as the teenagers of the game goes, why not have them babysit as something to do so that the mothers can rejoin the other working adults to maintain the needs of the island? If there's any "available" within the two years the mother is caring for the baby, have the teen take over after the first year. Just a thought anyway. What would be cool for the teenagers who take up babysitting in the game is that they may have certain skills already decently developed by the time they reach adulthood.

And I'm sure on the island, especially if there is a monkey running loose that the ability for the villagers to hunt should also be an option. Build it like the rest of the skills from trainee to master.

I also like the idea of the villagers gathering together, perhaps once a year, to celebrate their survival on the island so far and the fact they are thriving as a society. I keep thinking something like this would "boost morale" among the villagers and one of two things would happen after the party; villagers have double the performance level for a while or half the performance level (it depends how smashed they'd get at the party)

#19501 - 07/26/06 12:52 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
brilliantplay Offline

Hi everyone! I have some more thoughts for enhancements:

1. Teenagers become musicians and comedians, doing wacky things to entertain the bored adults. lol.

2. After the golden child is born, maybe it is possible to have a "live child", where this is one character that is interactive amongst all the other players on the internet. I don't know if this is possible, it would mean having a link to a server somewhere, I think, but once the island is up and running (I have my 90 person population), it would be awesome to communicate with someone else who is also at a level like that.

3. I love the volcanoe idea mentioned above... I actually chuckled out loud after reading it. If you do that, I'm wondering if you can add a threat or a warning - like "keep that up and you'll be fed to the volcanoe" which spurs the villager to work a little bit harder for a short term. Then, there might be the possibility of needing to follow through and sacrifice someone, which should make all the villagers work harder. Then, if that is used too much, the villagers could revolt and refuse to work for hours as a punishment.

4. Since I discussed punishment and threats in #3, how about being able to single out a great worker and lavish him with praise, compliments and gifts? This would result in the whole village snapping to so that they could earn benefits as well.

#19502 - 07/27/06 01:50 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Changeling Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
One thing I did was designate one adult male and one adult female as "leaders". Not that you can *really* do much with them, but it added another element to the game for me. These "leaders" I took to master status in all of the proficiencies, except for healing (aside from finding and opening the drum, how DO you get a Master Healer? That medical cactus doesn't seem to do much beyond Adept status! )

However, the leaders could do things like honor individuals when they achieve skill level bonuses (achieving adept or master staus, completing a project, etc.) or could organize villagers in times of crisis(like a food shortage) to use their lower skill proficiencies to help out for a short period of time. Leadership points could be earned by working in other job specialties other than their own (A farmer doing Building, for example) and/or working on village projects. Those with the highest points could be eligible for annual (or whatever time frame) "elections", and yet another behavior for the villagers!

Also, I agree that the school should do more than simply gather the kids, though, I have to admit, it came in handy when I was trying to breed villagers, that way the kids didn't get underfoot as the couple were running away from each other... LOL )

Speaking of mating, it would really be nice if it wasn't so, well, "mechanical". I like the kissing sounds, etc. However, simply going into the hut just seems such an anti-climax, yanno? Maybe the couple could "date" (he could pick flowers from the garden, she could bring him special fruits or what-have-you", maybe even a spot to "watch submarine races" from. (Am I dating myself now or what?)

I also agree with the appearance change for the elderly and facial hair for adult men. I also think it would be nice to "retire" an elderly villager. What I do now is once they hit about 60, I uncheck their skill levels and basically let then do as they please. I figure they've earned that freedom!

And, last but not least, I think, also, it would be nice to honor the dead a bit more than they already are. Some of those original villagers kinda grew on me (had one that just could NOT leave the ladies alone... he wound up fathering almost the entire next generation single-handedly! LOL) I also think it would be nice if, when you click on the headstone, the green screen would include a picture of the deceased villager, not just the name and job.

Any more ideas, I'll post 'em here.

Thanks for listening...

#19503 - 07/27/06 02:59 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Drea465 Offline

How about some teenage jobs? Like the teen boys could organize games for the children, the tag suggestion or a soccer game (maybe builders could build a recreation field) and the teen girls could babysit the real young ones. Then the kids aren't just running crazy all over the place.

As for the elderly, I'd love to see the elderly actually look old, like gray hair and stooped over! And the little old men could play cards or something, little shuffleboard game, while the little old ladies knit afghans or make some new clothes for the villagers! Goodness knows after all that laundry, these poor people definitely need some new threads! OH yeah, and add to the laundry detail (i mean, c'mon it needs a little more spice) maybe a clothesline where the villagers can hang up the clothes to dry and collect them after a certain time period.

Cooking, i think it would be cool if they could build a fire and cook the food, then have a meal time where everyone comes to the fire and gets food to eat instead of standing at the food bin.

Last thing, i promise, i'd love to see the villagers have a pet! Maybe a friendly monkey that plays with the children but when the "magic banana tree" produces fruit, it can run up and bring down bunches for all the children to enjoy!

#19504 - 07/27/06 03:05 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Drea465 Offline

Yes, I love your idea of an upgrade. When you have the screen in map version, it looks like there is more to the island. Maybe the upgrade could divide your villagers into groups and they could move to other areas and improve them, populate them, whatever. Then instead of having to start 5 different villages like we're all doing now, we could just move from one new settlement to another, checking on the villagers we all know and love!

They could even have special events, like harvest time, where villagers would come from all over the island to help each other harvest, or a yearly celebration of their arrival on the island, oh the possibilities!

#19505 - 07/30/06 11:35 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
shell1308 Offline

Loc: Wales UK
I think being able to build a toilet hut would be great, to stop the kids peeing on the flowers. I think PE's ideas are great #18654 they made me laugh just reading them.

#19506 - 07/30/06 04:34 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
shell1308 Offline

Loc: Wales UK
Apologies if these have already been suggested.

1. When they rain dance near the crops a small rain cloud could come over and either rain on the crops, for fun get the person with a small bolt of lightning.
2. When someone dies, everyone goes over to the burial site for a few seconds as in a normwl funeral.
3. Deffinately more fun things for people to do.

#19507 - 08/02/06 12:47 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
GameChamp Offline

I would like to make several suggestions for this 'WONDERFUL GAME.'
Political Suggestions:
I wish there would be a king and there would be three classes:
1.Noble
2.Rich(workers who are professionals/masters)
3.Poor(Untrained people)
And so there would be Prejudice in this game.
Economical Suggestions:
There could be a kinda currency.I mean to say they would earn money for the job they do(so they could easily be divided into the 3classes).And they could spend those money to buy better clothing facilities,etc.
Spiritual Suggestions:
They could go to honour the dead blah blah as said by someone already
Thats it
I dont think it is possible to make such changes but I expressed my feelings about this 'WONDERFUL GAME'-VIRTUAL VILLAGERS!

Page 6 of 41 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter