Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 363 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 24 of 41 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19678 - 10/11/06 10:48 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Trin Offline
Adviser

Loc: Victoria, Australia
good idea thanks!

#19679 - 10/11/06 11:20 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Quote:

Please don't lose the basic survival feel of the VV in a whole heap of "civilised, metropolitan" additions.

Even the most primitive places have a place to gather the sick.

Anyway, it gets tiresome trying to find all the sick people when the population gets above 25. Some like to gather at the well, others near the graveyard, while still others run to the lagoon. I'd rather they all go to one place so I can drop healthy villagers on them to heal them quicker. Plus anyone with a healing skill could walk over on their own.

www.jamisings.com

#19680 - 10/14/06 09:00 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
someone Offline
Adviser

Someone mentioned something about them getting married...I have an idea that would make it alot easier.On the villagers detail page it would have peoples names and like a certain amount of hearts next to them.You need atleast one heart beside a persons name for them to have a baby.You would get more hearts for people by making them go on dates with that person or something...

#19681 - 10/14/06 09:14 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
someone Offline
Adviser

Can you give the villagers more common sense???Like at one point I was short on food only had 1 villager on crops then he decides to start wandering!!!!It makes no sense they should know if they are the only one on a station they shouldn't wander!!!

#19682 - 10/15/06 02:10 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
macermoo Offline

A few things I'd like to see changed/added.

(1) when the villagers "complain", "argue", or "praise" to/with each other I'd like to see why they are doing this... is one of them mad that the other breed with another guy/girl? Is their work not up to par? Are they relaxing too much, etc. This would give a bit more depth to the game.

(2) The children should be able to find the mushrooms on their own once you show them how to do this once.

(3) There should be some sort of control on the number of girls and boys who are born into the village. I have a game where there are only two eligible males trying to mate with everyone to help the population grow! There is total inbreeding going on!

(4) Along the same lines as #3 above, it would be great if there was a way to track lineage (at least to the grandparents) so vvs aren't mating with their siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles, parents, grandparents, etc. I realize that it may be tough to keep the lines pure because you start as a small village - but trying to track this a bit would take some of the "ick" factor out of the breeding rituals.

(5) Similar to number 4, and going along with the "family" theme of the game, it would be great if people could pair up to mate. Also as spirituality grows vvs could even marry, have their own huts (or maybe extended family huts) where they went to rest, etc.

(6) Have more jobs, such as teacher, medicine man/woman, etc. Maybe not start our with all these jobs because you start with so few vvs, but add them at different levels of the game. Also, it would be great if there were things that all the jobs have to do at each level of the game. There were times when I didn't need builders for a while so I ended up not having any at all - all they could do was "fix the huts" or "examine the huts" so they often did other chores and I would loose trainee builders to other positions.

(7) Along the same lines as #2 above, the children are so uninvolved for the first 13 years of their lives, they should be able to apprentice different positions so they are primed in that area for when they turn 14 and are ready to be formally trained.

(8) There should be some way that you can strengthen vvs faster when they are weakened - maybe a swim in the magical lagoon, a stroll in the magical garden, etc. It says they are feeling better when they walk in the garden, but it doesn't raise their health at all.

(9) What about coming together as a village to have meals or activities (such as story-telling over a campfire at night).

(10) Along the same lines as #9, there should be a distinction between night and day - since the game is played in real-time this would be easy to do (just set it to one time zone, or if you can get fancy, the player could pick their desired time zone). Then you could have the game slow down a bit during the "night hours" and the villagers could sleep, take turns keeping watch by a fire, etc. The villagers could gain more health points after sleeping (an on a side note, it would also be great if they would loose health points/become weaker if they don't rest or take a break during the day... or if they dont' sleep enough at night).

(11) Overall, my biggest complaint is that there are a lot of shallow parts to the plot of the game. I love the game, it is very addictive, but it can also become quite boring and repetative.

(12) I also wanted to point out that I love how the player can choose what speed to play the game - you can pause it, play it in slow motion, etc. This is a great feature!

Just my thoughts... Can't wait to see the additions!

#19683 - 10/15/06 02:19 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
macermoo Offline

Ooo... forgot to add... it takes too long to accumulate tech points to move up to another level. I would suggest having more levels for each technology with smaller intervals between each -- and you'd also need more activities that the vvs could complete for the increased number of levels... which would be great too!

#19684 - 10/15/06 01:41 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Kaimi Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Southern Coast of Isola
Quote:

(2) The children should be able to find the mushrooms on their own once you show them how to do this once.

I dont know about anyone else, but I have two kids of my own ages 8 and 10, and they have trouble finding their SHOES on the floor when they are right there in front of them in plain sight... or their JACKETS that are draped over a chair... or my oldest and his GLASSES which are sitting on the desk next to the keyboard... even tho they SHOULD be able to find these things themselves, I tend to be sitting in my chair looking DIRECTLY at the item in question and they are whining... "I cant find them!!" ... thats the way I view the village kids finding the mushrooms...

#19685 - 10/15/06 01:49 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
Well argued, Kaimi - besides, if you're actually playing the game, it gives you something to do while waiting for tech points to mount up

#19686 - 10/15/06 02:21 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
bajantara Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Barbados
The other thing, unless you have a heap of children (by which time you generally don't need mushrooms anyway), how many mushies would get picked since, realistically, the kids would need line of sight to see the mushrooms. e.g. a kid staring at the cactus won't see a mushroom anywhere; the spot where they dance gives virtually no line of sight to the SE of the island, a little to the West, and very little to the SW - and all that assumes the child is not backing the mushroom in the first place

#19687 - 10/15/06 03:41 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
macermoo Offline

This is a good point - not all children can do things for themselves, but many can. I am actually a developmental researcher (child development) and through the years I have seen hundreds of children and many of them can do simple tasks like this. It becomes a game to them. Children even as young as 2 or 3 are quite capable of doing simple tasks such as helping to cook (e.g., gathering and adding ingredients), fold laundry, pick flowers or vegetables, etc. once they are properly given instruction on that task. When children get a bit older (like 7, 8, or 9) it is more an issue of motivation or willingness to complete a task, not intelligence or mental capacity. As adults we often do not give children the credit their little brains deserve!! Their brains are like a sponge at this young age... more then able to pick up a few simple tasks.

Page 24 of 41 < 1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter