Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 198 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Lady Daphina, The Sheeplord, Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci
30716 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30716 Members
77 Forums
19386 Topics
186945 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 49 of 187 < 1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 186 187 >
Topic Options
#175947 - 10/28/08 08:15 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: FotoshopFanatic]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Originally Posted By: FotoshopFanatic
Yes, but couldn't it be a statue of something? It looks like rock or something like that to me.

If you look at the stone in VV3, then at the stone in the right hand corner of green, it looks similar in color. So I stick with VV4.

#175964 - 10/28/08 10:31 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: MochaJew]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
Originally Posted By: MochaJew
Originally Posted By: laurence
It's too much perfectly round to be an Island.
So I think it's a planet! \:\)

But, in another way, it moves so slowly (52%, from the 07/02/08 to nowday, that makes near 4 months!)... It could be a... turtle \:\? ;\) \:D

I think it is a planet as well. But you never know...
Yes when I first looked at it I thought it was a planet or another world and since it moves like in orbit, but thats me with my imaganation

PS Laurence I like all the smileys profiles you changed each day \:\)

Edited by Annthewhofan (10/28/08 10:34 PM)

#175980 - 10/29/08 03:11 AM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: halidog]
Miyazaki Offline
Expert

Loc: Glendale, Arizona, United Stat...
This game cannot be VV4 because It would of been on the Virtual Villagers page by now so ... its not VV4. \:\(
Originally Posted By: halidog
Originally Posted By: FotoshopFanatic
Yes, but couldn't it be a statue of something? It looks like rock or something like that to me.

If you look at the stone in VV3, then at the stone in the right hand corner of green, it looks similar in color. So I stick with VV4.

#175982 - 10/29/08 04:02 AM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Miyazaki]
YaelleG Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Baltimore
Hey wait a second - are we all looking at the same thing? All I see is an entirely black screen with a little circular area of yellow & that's it. I don't see any kind of round shape or any of the things yall described. Or is there another place?

#175988 - 10/29/08 06:37 AM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: YaelleG]
angelswings8 Offline
Trainee

Loc: New York
looking at both pictures and reading these posts leaves me with this to say you people have crazy imaginations and if i could bottle it i would sell it

#175999 - 10/29/08 05:27 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: angelswings8]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Ok, even though I am a Moderator on this site, I am not even privied to what game is being worked on. I am completely and utterly in the dark about it as everyone else. Having said that, I want to offer you a reason as to why I don't think it is a "planet" floating in the abyss of space. I feel we are, and I could be wrong, we are being offered very small hints as to the graphics involved in the new game. This is done by something called masking.

One way to mask would be like this. When you mask something you start out with the original image.

Then you cut a small portion out of the big picture, leaving it in the same spot it came from.

You turn the original picture black

Then you soften the edge of the little piece you just cut out.

TA-DA!!! Now you have what you see on the preview page. Another way to do this is from the main picture:

You draw a black square over the picture. I draw it bigger than the canvas, or stage. You'll see why in a second.

Then you cut a hole in the black square.

Then you soften the edges. Now, when I save the picture, it will only save what is on the inside of the blue box. That outside edge soften too and I do not want it in my final picture so I keep it outside of the box.

Because I am working with layers, where each piece, or object, is either on top or below the other objects I am working with, I can take my black box with the whole and move it around on top of the original picture, giving you a different, small, sneak peek of the same original image.

Now when I save it, I get this:

So, This is what I think is happening here and that the preview should not be looked at as a whole picture but a look at the original picture, through a hole in a piece of paper.

#176000 - 10/29/08 06:07 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Gamemastr1]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Wow! I'm impressed!!
Especially for the 1st demonstration. It really looks like the pic in the Preview page!

For the 2nd demonstration, I'm very sorry,Gamey but I think it's not a frog but a TURTLE!!!!

(Could you, please, do the same with a turtle wearing the Arthur's sweater?)

#176004 - 10/29/08 07:16 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: laurence]
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

How are we suppose to know what is behind the masked image?
Is the mask suppose to be slightly transparent?
Otherwise are we seeing just the mask instead of the image behind it?

Very curious \:\?

Edited by Nemyar (10/29/08 07:18 PM)

#176008 - 10/29/08 08:15 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Jazzo]
Caffine Offline

Loc: I dont feel confortable saying...
I bet its PT II

#176012 - 10/29/08 09:11 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Miyazaki]
FotoshopFanatic Offline
Expert

Loc: Georgia, USA
Originally Posted By: Miyazaki
This game cannot be VV4 because It would of been on the Virtual Villagers page by now so ... its not VV4.

Actually, look at this post by LadyCFII.

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
The only Previews page that shows the new game under development is the one on our main site. Our Virtual Villagers, Plant Tycoon, and Fish Tycoon sites all have previews pages, but they don't show the new game.

So it could actually be either one or none at all.

Page 49 of 187 < 1 2 ... 47 48 49 50 51 ... 186 187 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter