Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 66 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Reficul, Madagal, Lady Daphina, The Sheeplord, Pearl8520
30718 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30718 Members
77 Forums
19386 Topics
186945 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 156 of 187 < 1 2 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 186 187 >
Topic Options
#184887 - 03/14/09 12:53 AM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Gamemastr1]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Originally Posted By: Gamemastr1
Ok... here is a quick math lesson.
What is a quarter? It is when you take 1 whole and break it into 4 pieces.

How many months in ONE year? 12 right?

Break 12 into 4 equal parts. You get 3 pieces to one quarter, right? (12 divided by 4 = 3)

So that means there are 3 months to a quarter of a year.

JAN -|
FEB -|- First quarter of the year
MAR -|

APR -|
MAY -|- Second quarter of the year
JUN -|

JUL -|
AUG -|- Third quarter of the year
SEP -|

OCT -|
NOV -|- Fourth quarter of the year
DEC -|

So, looking at what we have so far, we can see that VF is scheduled to be released at the end of MAR. grin

I hope this helps clear up any confusion on this matter. grin grin laugh laugh laugh

I was going to respond but thought why bother, its been repeated over and over in the thread. If they don't get it now, they never will.

#184907 - 03/14/09 04:15 AM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: QuickStorm]
TG3 Offline

I cant wait for the game 2 come out!

#184908 - 03/14/09 05:27 AM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: QuickStorm]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Originally Posted By: QuickStorm

I was going to respond but thought why bother, its been repeated over and over in the thread. If they don't get it now, they never will.

I wasn't going to respond either but then I thought I would pull out my Crayola's in a last ditch effort. grin LOL

#184919 - 03/14/09 04:29 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Gamemastr1]
Miyazaki Offline
Expert

Loc: Glendale, Arizona, United Stat...
Okay now I understand... I thought that a quarter of a year was 4 months not three.

#184920 - 03/14/09 04:31 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Miyazaki]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

But if we know that VF will come out by the end of March and VV4 by the end of June. And that VF took more than three months to make. VF must be coming out soon so LDW have enough time to make VV4 by July 1th.

#184923 - 03/14/09 06:14 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: tkdgrl223]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Wellllll...
Looking at the "Preview" page, it does say "Work in Progress", which to me would mean LDW is working on 2 game developments at the same time. If that were the case, I would think that VF would have priority over VV4 to meet the scheduled due date. Please keep in mind that I am not, in any way, involved with the games development and at this point, I do not have any more information about it than anyone else does.

Now for me, even though I am just as excited as the rest of you, I have learned to take a scheduled due date as something to aim for rather than a concrete, written in stone event. Depending on the circumstances, it can come out earlier or later than the projected date.

The same as if you were building a house. Sometimes it gets finished ahead of schedule, sometimes right on schedule and then there are those unfortunate times that it runs over schedule.

If, and I say "IF" it does not get released on the target date, I am confident in LDW that they tried everything they could to make it on time. I am sure that there have already been nights with little or no sleep. I would rather wait a bit longer and get a superior product than to get one that may disappoint me just to meet a deadline.

So, we have 18 more days not including today for a release. I hope you all will join me in supporting our favorite game developers and excersize patience for a superior game. It'll be worth it. I have faith in that.

#184924 - 03/14/09 06:31 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Gamemastr1]
Ecoworldme Offline
Adviser

Loc: Nowhere anyone needs to know.
Hear Hear! I think I'd rather wait, say a month to get a better game than to get it on time and see that it's not worth it. Now, I'm not saying LDW has bad games, I'm just restating what Gamey said, just in a shorter post! grin Actully, I'm just resating the 4th paragraph. So this post may be just a waste of time, and you can just read Gamey's post and leave the thread. Whatever works.

Edited by Ecoworldme (03/14/09 06:34 PM)
Edit Reason: No reason....

#184925 - 03/14/09 06:42 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Ecoworldme]
TG3 Offline

I WILL wait,and to me,(I'm not sure if everyone or anyone would agree w/ me...) If they don't release it on time,i will just be happy that they WILL release it sooner or later....(do u understand what im trying 2 say?I feel like im not saying it correctly...)

#184926 - 03/14/09 06:48 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: ]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

You said it just right. grin Not to worry.

#184927 - 03/14/09 07:04 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: Ecoworldme]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Wellllll...
Now for me, even though I am just as excited as the rest of you, I have learned to take a scheduled due date as something to aim for rather than a concrete, written in stone event. Depending on the circumstances, it can come out earlier or later than the projected date.
The same as if you were building a house. Sometimes it gets finished ahead of schedule, sometimes right on schedule and then there are those unfortunate times that it runs over schedule.
I agree with you, Gamey! I worked during more than 20 years as technician in theater or for movies. So I know very well what a schedule means!! You know, every thing must be ready and perfect when the people come to watch your job!! If it's necessary, we work night and day without coming back home crazy And I don't speak of the "stage-fear"... ! eek
It's because I can imagine how does our poor dear LDW team feel! and I sympathize!

(Huh Gamey: " ahead of schedule" I never saw that!! wink laugh )

So, we have 18 more days not including today for a release. I hope you all will join me in supporting our favorite game developers and excersize patience for a superior game. It'll be worth it. I have faith in that.

I have faith too! It's the turtle-pets of the coming soon Vfamilies who can't wait!! wink

Oh! They'll wait as everybody!! If it will be in April... it will be in April!!

(pssstt! the 27 of April is my birthday!! Huh? )

Edited by laurence (03/14/09 08:25 PM)
Edit Reason: to correct my clumsyness!

Page 156 of 187 < 1 2 ... 154 155 156 157 158 ... 186 187 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter