Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 266 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Lady Daphina, The Sheeplord, Pearl8520, chuusu, Ceci
30716 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30716 Members
77 Forums
19386 Topics
186944 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 139 of 187 < 1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 ... 186 187 >
Topic Options
#183542 - 02/11/09 12:14 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: emri]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK

#183548 - 02/11/09 03:42 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: slh]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Originally Posted By: slh
I'm sorry to go against the flow, but this game sounds like a VV-meets-Sims, and to me, The Sims was one of the most BORING games I've ever seen.

I'm really disappointed, and I guess this means I'll pass on Virtual Families and wait for VV4 instead.

My husband, though, will probably like it - he loved The Sims.

I hope you all really enjoy it when it's released. It's just not my cup of tea.

Maybe you'll try the hour demo and decide that you like the game. LDW has always been listening and answering their fans and maybe LDW worked the game so that it appeals to the VV followers.

For the Sims haters, don't make a judgement yet. Try the demo and read what others have to say first. Sometimes you don't know if you like something until you try it.

#183550 - 02/11/09 03:59 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: QuickStorm]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Originally Posted By: slh
I'm sorry to go against the flow, but this game sounds like a VV-meets-Sims, and to me, The Sims was one of the most BORING games I've ever seen.
I'm really disappointed, and I guess this means I'll pass on Virtual Families and wait for VV4 instead.
My husband, though, will probably like it - he loved The Sims.
I hope you all really enjoy it when it's released. It's just not my cup of tea.
after looking at the links that Arnie posted, I'm not sure that I'd like the Sims too. It's too much "real" for a game, for me!

But, even if I don't know what will be the story and the challenges of the Virtual Family, I'm confident in the LDW team and I think that they will not copy or imitate an existing game!! Or it's a topsy-turvy!! wink laugh

#183555 - 02/11/09 05:34 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: laurence]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I'm not really a regular gamer. In fact, I'm not really sure what possessed me to click on an advert for VV1, thus getting me hooked on the VV series.

I was given The Sims (version 1) as a present some time ago, and quite enjoyed playing it for a while. However, being excessively clumsy, I managed to break the CD when taking it from its jewel case, and the game won't run without a CD in the drive. I expect I could get a replacement but I've never bothered enquiring. I've also considered buying The Sims 2, or possibly even version 3 when it comes out later in the year, but never seriously.

As I said, I quite enjoyed it, but for some reason the "hook" that LDW caught me with VV isn't there. I've got high hopes of a Sims/VV cross, though. laugh

#183556 - 02/11/09 05:53 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: arnie]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I sometime think: "Oh! I must try this game, it may be nice!" laugh But I never did it, not yet!! crazy I think it's because I'm also too much addict to the LDW's touch!! blush laugh

#183558 - 02/11/09 06:35 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: slh]
VV Lover Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the Sims either. I bought it because of all the hype, people seemed to just love it. It just doesn't appeal to me at all. I never went back and played it again.

But I'm not giving up hope on this new LDW game, I'll reserve judgement until I've played the demo. smile

#183562 - 02/11/09 07:17 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: laurence]
Prissy Poodle Offline
Adviser

Loc: The Zoo
Finally,the game has been revealed! laugh grin laugh VF sounds so awsome! I wonder how big the family can get and if you can have pets.

#183563 - 02/11/09 07:22 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: VV Lover]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

I have to say I have never played Sims. In a way it looked intriguing yet in others, it looked incredibly boring. For this, I never made it a point to purchase or play it. From the previews, VF looks similar grin and I will get it when it comes out. I actually have a fuzzy feeling about this one. Having the whole VV series, PT and FT, it seems that maybe it will put a whole new mental output on the game than I had before. Plus, Who knows, Obi may be in there. I suspect we may see some of our Isola friends. If anything, they will have physical characteristics to prove they are direct descendants of our VV tribes. I cannot wait!!!!

#183579 - 02/11/09 08:10 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: SodaVillage]
The Dutch Guy Offline

Yeah thats him grin

I LUV the Sims! grin
I can't wait for the Sims 3 grin

#183583 - 02/11/09 08:51 PM Re: New game in progress on the previews page? [Re: The Dutch Guy]
VV Lover Offline

Loc: Arizona
I don't know if anyone else missed this, but I sure did. Here is a "little" picture of the new game. smile

http://www.ldw.com/virtualfamilies/index.html

Also, the press release from earlier this week.

http://www.ldw.com/pressreleases/virtualfamilies_dev.html

Page 139 of 187 < 1 2 ... 137 138 139 140 141 ... 186 187 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter