Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 291 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 11 of 24 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#158394 - 06/20/08 12:24 AM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: Lurkily]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: Lurkily
What works for me to learn a technique is to do a single project that requires its use heavily; for example, the painted statue mods that I made required 26 separate color adjustment layers in three different images. That's more than enough use and repetition that I should be able to remember it next time.

Earlier today, I saw your newly coloured statue and downloaded it. On my computer/monitor, using Firefox, it looked lime-green and deep-red. You wrote it was yellow, well.. not on this Mac it wasn't! I thought it looked fantastic....

I am totally useless when it comes recolouring or designing anything from scratch. Yes, practise makes perfect! However, my interest seams to come and go in spurts. Photoshop is, for me, a nice pastime for the winter month.

Attachment:

Attachments
4546-ColourPicker.png

4547-Preview-by-Lurkily.jpg

#158408 - 06/20/08 02:05 AM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: swedane]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Part of the difficulty was not making the colors TOO bright. They're painted on stone, and making them too 'solid' would wash out some of the detail on the statue itself. I wanted to preserve the impression that this statue was stone, and not make it look like a piece of plastic.

I will say to me, that although the color in the picker is a bit greenish, it looks solidly yellow - though clearly with a green tint - to me. If you're using a flat screen, it may be that your particular monitor isn't set to represent colors exactly; settings from monitor to monitor are different, and certain brands, as well as most cheaper flatscreens, are known for sometimes misrepresenting certain colors.

If you like, I can make another version, with deliberately reduced greens; it may make the colors look a bit odd on most machines, but if your monitor's over-representing green, it should work out.

As a reference; the color that I get from the dress panels, which seems the most common and least affected by shadows and highlights (Difficult, since the yellow panels are all curved, every one) is, on the RGB scale, 170, 190, 40(MUCH less blue, a purer green/red mix; yellow). The blond hair matches your sample more closely; is this what you were talking about?

EDIT:Also, the hair has increased blue because all the colors together make white; I was aiming for platinum blond. Red and yellow being close together, raising blue should merely lighten the color. (Of course, I was operating with Magenta, Cyan, and Yellow in my adjustment layers, but the outcome is the same.)

#158472 - 06/20/08 08:37 AM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: Lurkily]
swedane Offline
Master

[SNIP]
Although the color in the picker is a bit greenish, it looks solidly yellow - though clearly with a green tint - to me. If you're using a flat screen, it may be that your particular monitor isn't set to represent colors exactly.

Not a chance!! Perhaps my eyes are missing one or more colour receptors.
Am I colourblind?

If you like, I can make another version, with deliberately reduced greens; it may make the colors look a bit odd on most machines, but if your monitor's over-representing green, it should work out.

Nooooo, please don't change a thing, I love it as is.

#158527 - 06/20/08 04:52 PM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: swedane]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Well, no matter what the case, I'm glad you like it. Three more color schemes are coming soon; if you have a request, go ahead and post it to that thread.

PS: in RGB, that color is (roughly) 220 red, 240 green, 130 blue. The extra blue, since it's blended with all other colors, lightens the color, rather then bluing it. Red and green make yellow. However, the red and green are only 20 points out of 256 apart; that's only about 12.5% biased towards green. It does clearly have a green tint, but I really do think either your monitor, video card, or perhaps an inappropriate color profile in photoshop(if that's what you use) is over-representing green.

Edited by Lurkily (06/20/08 05:18 PM)

#158684 - 06/21/08 05:28 AM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: Lurkily]
HPVV Offline
Expert

Loc: Eastern Shore of Isola
Doesn't he see these other people??

#158688 - 06/21/08 05:40 AM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: Lurkily]
swedane Offline
Master

Well, no matter what the case, I'm glad you like it. Three more color schemes are coming soon; if you have a request, go ahead and post it to that thread.

[SNIP] Thank you for your offer, I found the link and downloaded it.
The red and green are only 20 points out of 256 apart; that's only about 12.5% biased towards green. It does clearly have a green tint, but I really do think either your monitor, video card, or perhaps an inappropriate color profile in photoshop(if that's what you use) is over-representing green.

I did a verification of Photoshops colour Profile, and yes, there's a bad ICC profile that's needs repairing. Perhaps it's worth mentioning; the colour sample was taken in the lightest area possible, (forehead of statue).

Edited by swedane (06/21/08 09:31 AM)

#158993 - 06/22/08 08:36 PM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: swedane]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
I got a villager to light the fire, then later I noticed this lazy villager stuck in the fire, first time it's happened in this game \:\?

Attachments
4581-Stuckinfireglich.JPG

Edited by Annthewhofan (06/22/08 08:37 PM)

#159007 - 06/22/08 09:48 PM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: Britney]
swedane Offline
Master

Have any of you "slave masters" out there seen your villagers play,
Working 'til he/she drops?
The little minions gather in groups of 3-4 and drops to the ground. \:o
Kinda tells one what they think of working 24/7! \:\)

Attachments
4584-working_'til-he-drops.jpg

4585-working_til'-she-drops.jpg

#159149 - 06/23/08 12:35 PM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: swedane]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
\:o \:\?
What does their Health bar tell?

#163063 - 07/13/08 12:37 AM Re: Post you pictures of VV3 Here! (SPOILERS!) [Re: laurence]
Miyazaki Offline
Expert

Loc: Glendale, Arizona, United Stat...
This is my pic :

Page 11 of 24 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter