Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 150 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 28 of 35 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#154009 - 06/03/08 03:36 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: Jujubee]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Jujubee, we're looking at the problem with the reset puzzles, but we haven't determined what is happening yet.

#154236 - 06/03/08 06:15 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
ledheadmelli Offline
Trainee

I'm using version .04. I have finished all the puzzles, got all the tech and am simply waiting to get the last few collectibles. I have had very few problems thus far - I do remember it saying my 2nd hut was finished when it wasn't even close, but I was busy with other tasks and it seemed to resolve itself in due time. I thought I had a child missing (she didn't show up for school with the chief) but I spotted her tiny brown head hiding behind a hut after locating her thru the details screen.
My chief does not seem too adept at pointing out rare collectibles, though. He has had 4 chances with only one collectible found. I fly a child around slowly for 2 minutes to no avail - nothing, not even a sparkle behind a tree or hut. Thought that was too good to be true...sigh.
My only problem (?) now appears to be a very bored tribe. As all my projects are done, everyone is on research or farming, with a few doctors strolling the island looking for the golf course. All these masters and they won't stay on task anymore! I have never seen so much laundry washing, face washing, drink getting, giant clam interest, etc! I have 4 farmers who have done nothing but fish for three (real) days - they are still adepts! I spend 90% of my time cracking the whip and dragging villagers back to their assigned posts. Even my most industrious little workers keep slipping off to float in the bath 6 or 7 times an hour! So much dancing and exercising that I suspect they've been mixing up potions while I sleep. This is way more recreation/work shirking than I've seen from the same villagers earlier in their lives.
Is this because they really are bored with nothing to do but research and fish? Is is because I now have tons of tech points and little to spend them on that my tribe thinks they can rename themselves The Indolent Rich? You'd think my scientists and builders could have managed more than a lousy clothing hut - maybe invent little golf carts to help the old folks move around easier? Build a mall?
Has anyone else noticed such a problem once all the puzzles were solved?

#154977 - 06/05/08 11:17 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: lilstar]
Breebie Offline

A possible _bug_?

Hi a friend of mine gave me the full version of VV3. I had to download the .04 update and now my game is a trial version ???

Any idea?

#155023 - 06/05/08 05:22 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: momniecy]
PawPaw Offline

Originally Posted By: momniecy

1) The original mother is still nursing even though it's been 5 hours of real time. My game is on fast. She still has 88 supposed minutes left of nursing. Something just doesn't seem right with that. I haven't touched my computers clock either.

I also noticed this when I started my second tribe. There was a nursing mother on the raft, but she didn't release the toddler until after the first fire died! (on Fast). There seems to be a vast difference in "minutes", where only the potion pot seems to run with the system clock. Watching the nursing mom and the fire I got numbers like these:

Mom.....Fire
60.........26.....minutes
51.........14.....minutes
36.........01.....minutes

Exasperating when trying to plan, especially the village growth.

#155121 - 06/05/08 09:47 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: PawPaw]
momniecy Offline

Well I finally got my mom to stop nursing, after 31 hours of real time on fast! Don't know what happened, but I had 2 campfires, built the first hut, cleared the dead sign and had even 1 person (who liked running) to get 3 masters before she finally let go of that child. At any rate, I tried to breed her again thinking it was just a glitch, and it was. She is now doing what she's supposed to and has had 2 subsequent babies in 2 hours each. Wierd.

Also, I did notice something... don't know if this is just my game or not, but in the beginning with all the crashes and glitches, it seems it did it alot when I tried to pick up 2 of something. Believe me, no more for me, one is enough just so long as I don't crash or take 3 days to have a child.

#155180 - 06/06/08 12:07 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: momniecy]
Damballah Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Somewhere in time....
I just came in and found 4 of my 6 graves "pilfered"! The headstones are still there, but they are blanks, and I cannot replace the names. The Roster shows only two of the six. I had no clue, until, out of the blue, some of my villagers picked flowers by the waterfall, and went to "Honor the Dead". I thought it odd, since I've not seen anyone do that so far in my game. They lay flowers at ALL the graves. I clicked on the first two graves, all was well, but the next 4 were empty, and the Roster had removed them. I've no idea how this happened, but it's kind of unsettling.

#155267 - 06/06/08 03:42 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: Damballah]
Damballah Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Somewhere in time....
This gets odder yet. I returned to find one of my very elderly women had died. They buried her, and a tombstone came up, as it should. I checked the other tombstones, to see if they were still blank. The third tombstone was identified as the woman's who had just passed away. The roster says 3 people are listed. However, I now have 7 headstones, and one woman has two of them. She has the third and seventh tombstones marked as her resting place(s?). I have a feeling this is going to be very confusing for awhile.

#155605 - 06/07/08 11:58 AM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: Damballah]
Occy Offline

My statue seems to be stuck. No one will work on it - it's at the top of the path...

#155611 - 06/07/08 12:41 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: Damballah]
Occy Offline

I updated to the new version - now it says I need a leader but when I bring the chief there nothing happens...

#155785 - 06/08/08 01:16 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: lilstar]
MariaWB Offline
Trainee

Loc: Denmark
The game does something that really bugs me.

If I set a villager to do a task that involves moving something, ie. putting more wood on the fire, a child collecting an item/mushroom or a puzzle related item like the Cliff Key and I minimize the game, the task 'disappears'. When I go back to the game, the fire hasn't had burning time added, the item is NOT shown as collected (when it is a new item), and the Cliff Key was back in the cliff.

This is quite anoying! I could off course just go and get the Cliff Key again and get someone to get more firewood again, no harm done. But the new item is lost. Is this a _bug_ other people have experienced?

Page 28 of 35 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter