Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie, Saisaii, Molls, Reficul
30722 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30722 Members
78 Forums
19391 Topics
186956 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#152437 - 05/30/08 11:38 AM [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
Do you have anything to compare between all the VV's?
I like how in VV3, the children choose a spot that is far away from our main view to go to the toilet. It can be a bit disturbing knowing that in Virtual Villagers 1, the children pee on our flowers, and on VV2, they choose the firewood to wet.
I also love the amount of detail put into VV3. As soon as I loaded up the game for the first time, it felt like a completely unique island. There was practically detail packed into every seperate pixel!
Another thing I also noticed was the clothing. In Virtual Villagers 1, the villagers wore older, and a little bit plainer clothes. Gradually as the game continued into the sequels, you could see how much the clothes had changed. I love how VV3 has lots of newer, fresher and brighter clothing in store. I also love the leaves in the hair!! \:D

So that is my opinion...what is yours?

#152454 - 05/30/08 12:21 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: Becca123]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Mainly, I think it's the actions that have changed the most over the three versions. Those are the ones that the villagers do when they are not actually working. While it can be nuisance sometimes to see a villager wander off to look at the fishies or wash their face, the range of actions has expanded greatly. It's also good fun to watch the kids doing a lot more than they used to. Nursing mothers' actions have increased as well, particularly from VV1, where they only stood around or sat like lumps for two years, "nursing the baby".

#152458 - 05/30/08 12:47 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: arnie]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
I would like to see a combination of the three VVs. Like from VV1, the school. From VV2 the pool and from VV3 the mystery door leading somewhere. Still no benches though for the nursing mums. Please bring back Tag or something like that! It's great to see kids playing.

#154375 - 06/03/08 11:43 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: colourmehappy]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I agree with you colourmehappy! It would be great to have a combination. I also love the new island events. They are so unique. Other than just a mysterious vial all the time.

#155529 - 06/07/08 03:10 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: Becca123]
eeyorepiglet Offline

Loc: Alabama
I also miss the drum in part 1, I liked to bang on it an watch the children come running. I miss the garden like in part 2 an the kids playing tag an how they would all gather in a group an then jump then run away. I miss ringing the gong everyday, never knew what was going to happen. I like in part 2 where if 2 farmers or builders etc would have a baby that child would have the skill of their parents. In part 3 I can't seem to get mind to get the skill from the parents. Also in vv2 my builders kept working all the time on vv3 mind quit once there is nothing else to build. I still love playing the game. I play all 3 VV games,I Love them all.

#155530 - 06/07/08 03:25 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: eeyorepiglet]
the leader Offline

I have just purchased VV3 and I would like to see what the differents is between the games

#155668 - 06/07/08 05:22 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: eeyorepiglet]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: eeyorepiglet
I also miss the drum in part 1, I liked to bang on it an watch the children come running. I miss the garden like in part 2 an the kids playing tag an how they would all gather in a group an then jump then run away. I miss ringing the gong everyday, never knew what was going to happen. I like in part 2 where if 2 farmers or builders etc would have a baby that child would have the skill of their parents. In part 3 I can't seem to get mind to get the skill from the parents. Also in vv2 my builders kept working all the time on vv3 mind quit once there is nothing else to build. I still love playing the game. I play all 3 VV games,I Love them all.

I miss the commune cooking pot,(VV2) the garden, the school and drum (VV1)the study of plants and the Totmen Poles. The builders need more to do. Let them build the school, gather firewood, repair huts, make fishing poles, make toys for the children. My main beef; I still hate that once a nursing baby is "two" he/she pops out and then the wee one is left to care for it self. What about child abuse! Or will that word get censored too? I just read this: "Children are a heritage from the Lo-d. Or in the case of Isola, the Guiding Hand, And are to be cherished. I would love to see children loved in VV4

Attachments
4391-Kissa,Jaxandtheirbabies.jpg

Edited by MochaJew (06/07/08 05:29 PM)

#156692 - 06/11/08 03:53 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: MochaJew]
eeyorepiglet Offline

I love getting the poles . I always see how many elders I can get. One of my villages has quite a few.

#156717 - 06/11/08 05:42 PM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: eeyorepiglet]
Korinthia Offline

Loc: Utah
I am a new "poster", but long time viewer & player of the games & forums od LDW. You all have such wonderful ideas for each VV game! I think my biggest wish for VV4 would be (as it is for a lot of you) to have continuous building projects! It is great that we can keep playing this game beyond solving the puzzles & such & become so attached to the little people of our tribes, but it would be so nice to have the opportunity for our lil' villagers to expand on their building mastery... and for our newest members of the tribe to be able to gain building skills along with the other areas they have to master. I think MochaJew has a good idea for the builders to continue on, even with smaller things such as making fishing poles & toys for the kids. But more buildings would be nice too... like the school idea, seeing as we can keep on building our tech points so high, even with purchasing clothing.

#158634 - 06/21/08 01:35 AM Re: [SPOILERS] Comparison Between VV1, VV2 and VV3 [Re: Korinthia]
eeyorepiglet Offline

the builders do need to stay busy. maybe a storm can come thru an tear up the village an they have to rebuild,clean the mess up an stuff like that. a school an nursey would be good. just a thought.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter