Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 467 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 31 of 35 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 >
Topic Options
#157469 - 06/15/08 06:25 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: bodeia]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Are you pausing the game a lot? That affects the nursing clock.

#157475 - 06/15/08 07:13 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: arnie]
bodeia Offline
Trainee

Hi Arnie,
No I'm not pausing the game a lot, just leave it running in the background as I'm trying to get them to fix the bath and they do that better if you leave it running as they stay focused on the jobs you give them. It's more of an inconvience than a bug really and she's now nursing her last baby anyway so it wont be a problem for now. On the other hand one of the other mothers went from 46 to 50 while nursing again not a major problem but it does mean I'll need to get her telling an awful lot of stories to get the parenting skill up to max. Neither of these spoil the game in anyway still loving it about to start my 5th village as no 4 is pretty self suffiecent and only have the bath and statue puzzles to do.

#157493 - 06/15/08 01:04 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: MerelyMagic]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
MerelyMagic, the problems you're having appear to be normal from what you describe. Exactly how much water have your villagers poured on the diamond? For the rain dance, you're not using the correct villagers (the Official LDW VV3 Guide has the correct solution. I am now playing a tribe that had been down to one 6-year-old boy with no food, and a series of events finally brought the tribe to a point where I can, once again, grow the tribe and help it thrive. \:\)

#157619 - 06/16/08 01:19 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
MerelyMagic Offline

I have poured water on the fire about 60 times, is that normal??

#157623 - 06/16/08 02:32 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: MerelyMagic]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Have you tried permitting the fire to burn out on its own?

#157817 - 06/17/08 02:28 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Lurkily]
HPVV Offline
Expert

Loc: Eastern Shore of Isola
All of my graves just disappeared! Along with all but the first name on the roster

#157838 - 06/17/08 04:14 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: HPVV]
Unicorn

Did the gravestones remain, but only the information about them disappear? If so, that's a bug that we're working on. You can read more about it in this thread.

#157852 - 06/17/08 10:56 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
Mahpootie Offline

Loc: Plymouth, Devon. UK
I found an interesting little bug this morning when I started a new game. I was flipping between fast and slow in order to get the maximum out of my villagers and when I checked the fire I found it had 102 hours to go before it ran out. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it.

Before you ask - no I wasn't playing with the clock. I have tried that before now but not in this game. The only thing I can think of is that my portable ran out of battery because I had forgotten to plug it in this morning - but that doesn't affect the clock in any way that I know of.

Liz

#157855 - 06/17/08 12:49 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Mahpootie]
Unicorn

Yes, that's one we're working on. \:\) You can see exactly what the issue is by looking at this post earlier in this thread. \:\)

#158045 - 06/18/08 03:16 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: isla]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
I found a problem with the alignment of some of the visual assets; it isn't a bug per se, but it still belongs here.

When the statue is built, the upper body and the lower body are misaligned; it's easiest to see this at the wrist and hand. The single-color scheme of the statue makes it easy to miss. When I started 'painting' the statue, though, these things jumped out at me.

It's important to note that there's significant overlap between the upper body and the standing statues- the top row of dress panels for instance are entirely duplicated, and the next row is about 50% duplicated. The idea is that the upper body will cover this section on the lower body, and the overlap will ensure that there are no seams.

However, when the statue is built, it's positioned so that it only JUST covers the damaged part of the lower body. I've verified that this issue exists in the unmodified game as well, using the stock visual assets. Here's an image of what I'm talking about.

Edit: Unlike the post in the 'painted statue' thread, which doesn't show these problems, this is an in-game screenshot, altered only to highlight the misalignments.

Edited by Lurkily (06/18/08 03:31 PM)

Page 31 of 35 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter