Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (ladyowl), 294 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 27 of 35 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 >
Topic Options
#152546 - 05/30/08 05:34 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: slh]
Funkiroller Offline
Expert

Loc: Pennsylvania, USA
I have two kids stuck here.

There was a red mushroom here and I put a kid on it. The kid grabbed it, but it disappeared right out of his hands. He is trying to run off and do other things but he is STUCK. His actions change in a brief flash to something a kid would do, but flash right back to nothing. They can not move on their own. I can pick them up and move them.

I just wanted to make people aware of the "sticky spot".

#152651 - 05/30/08 09:45 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: Funkiroller]
Norah Offline

Loc: the Netherlands
I'm not sure if what I have found is a _bug_, but I'll try posting it here anyway (also not sure if it's been posted before, but the thread is rather long and I couldn't find a search option for the forums).

I can't seem to be able to get a chief for my village anymore. Ever since it began to grow somewhat big (like over 50 villagers) and I solved all the puzzles, and the last chief died. I've really tried every villager at least 3 times. None of the new children seem to be it either. It's running on fast most of the time, though when I sleep it's on slow. It's been at least a week without a chief now (a week for me, not them :P).

I just thought this can't be normal, seeign how easy it was to find a chief before.

#152674 - 05/30/08 11:03 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: Norah]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You might find the advice in this thread helpful (especially the comment from Arthur). If that fails, please let us know.

#153131 - 06/01/08 04:37 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
Jujubee Offline

Just to update from my post on the previous page regarding all my puzzles resetting:

Took a couple of days, but all the puzzles are now complete again. I didn't get any green text box pop ups as each was complete and no Celebrating (well, the villagers didn't but I certainly did), but the Puzzle page did change to the puzzle picture as each was done.

Some random details: Puzzle 1 was considered completed when my current Chief died and a new one was selected (I was actually concerned it wouldn't mark as done at all since I already had a Chief). Puzzle 13 didn't make me wait 60 hours after the reset, I just had to put out the fire and cool off the diamond.

Don't know if that helps figure anything out if it happens to anybody else, but that was my experience.

#153160 - 06/01/08 05:40 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: Jujubee]
marshamom Offline

I am on puzzle 16. found the room, the sun dial and the light comes down and the dial is at the far left, but the puzzle picture still doesn't show that the puzzle is solved. do i have to find all of the pieces of the plaque in the "collection sets" first? Thanks for any and all answers. Love the game(s).

#153244 - 06/01/08 01:08 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: marshamom]
Unicorn

You can find a helpful link in this sticky post.

#153266 - 06/01/08 02:20 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: mmaxe01]
sidbakay Offline
Trainee

Loc: Cleveland, OH
Originally Posted By: mmaxe01
Update: If I keep the game open and keep the chief 'directing' their work, they make progress. But I just closed the game for about 30 minutes - reopened it and they were not working, no progress made and yet immediately all headed up towards the hut with the 'building a hut' description. WHY will they not work on that hut without the game being open?

I have this same problem. They will only work on the 2nd hut when I have my game open. If I close, they all go back to research or clearing the rubble. When I open back up, the rubble clearers head back to the hut.

Another "problem" I have level 3 alchemy without ever purchasing it. Not complaining just letting you know. I am on version .04.

#153283 - 06/01/08 03:20 PM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: sidbakay]
Unicorn

You likely got the higher level of Alchemy Tech from an Island Event. It's usually best to have only one building project going at a time if it really matters to you which one gets worked on. The game does not operate identically when it's on and when it's off, and villagers are free to choose any available work that fits their skills.

#153573 - 06/02/08 03:57 AM Re: A place to log bugs? [Re: LadyCFII]
VirtualTime Offline

Erm,hey,there's another LITTLE glitch,I don't think its important,but just want to share with you guys.

We all know children can't swim,right?But once i saw a collectible,a mushroom,appear ON the SEA.It was at the far top right hand corner of the sea.I was shocked,and i tried to drag a child to it.They gave me this message:Children can't swim!

Then i tried again,dragging the same child to the mushroom.But this time i dragged her until the extreme top right of the sea.This time,she picked up the mushroom,but couldnt get it delivered to the food bin because she was stuck in there.I had to click and drag her out.

Conclusion:Is the top right hand corner of the sea a small piece of land?Or is it a glitch?Or another "sticky spot"? \:D

Attached Image:

Edited by VirtualTime (06/02/08 03:59 AM)

#153734 - 06/02/08 05:10 PM Re: [SPOILERS INSIDE] A place to log bugs? [Re: slh]
momniecy Offline

I wanted to post the bugs I seem to be having. I do have 1.00.04 version.

1) The original mother is still nursing even though it's been 5 hours of real time. My game is on fast. She still has 88 supposed minutes left of nursing. Something just doesn't seem right with that. I haven't touched my computers clock either.

2) I have had an "error:access violation at 0x00442472 (tried to read from (0x7BF3D0D8), program terminated." When this happened, I was putting a child on a mushroom. It locked up my game, and caused it to completely shut down. The shut down has happened 4 times already, although this is the first error I recorded. All for doing the same thing... child picking up something. And when I come back to my game, it has been put back to an earlier time. I lose the tech points, food and work on the things I've done. Very frustrating.

Any light on this matter would help a great deal. Thanks!

Page 27 of 35 < 1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 34 35 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter