Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 136 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Reficul, Madagal, Lady Daphina, The Sheeplord, Pearl8520
30718 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30718 Members
77 Forums
19386 Topics
186945 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 44 of 61 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 60 61 >
Topic Options
#135793 - 04/29/08 11:53 AM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: Tobie]
heatherndan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Long Island, US
Originally Posted By: Tobie
Geez! It's amazing how much stuff people make up in here about VV3. I'm sure LDW knows how to update a progress bar. They said Spring 2008. Carla said they won't give us an exact date. I'm not the most patient person, either, but I don't think it helps anyone to make stuff up. People just get upset over nothing. \:o
There is nothing wrong with a little speculation about a game that we're exited about and know is coming out soon. ;\) That is one reason why people come here, to get other people's opinions about it. If we're that way off that someone will get upset, then I'm sure one of the moderators will set us straight. 8\)
I don't think that people deliberately lie or anything here, so I really don't see the harm. \:\)

#135821 - 04/29/08 03:07 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: heatherndan]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I have seen people put specific release dates in here or state things as fact that are way off base. I've seen people yell at us because the game wasn't released on April 13th, for example. We are very busy working on trying to get VV3 ready for all of you, and we don't have time to correct every erroneous statement that people make here. I've even received private messages asking about things that were said here, which take time to answer. It's really wonderful that everyone is so excited about VV3, but it really would help us out a lot if you all could avoid saying things that make more work for us and take us away from working on VV3. \:D

#135831 - 04/29/08 03:47 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: LadyCFII]
Jonesy Offline
Trainee

I too am eagerly awaiting VV3 and am happy to see the bar at 99%.
I would rather wait till August if it means that all the bugs were out of the game then play a game that was rushed out and had to stop playing due to problems that could hace been fixed in the testing. Any chance of seeing any more screenshots.

#135913 - 04/29/08 06:29 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: Jonesy]
Jenmarenc Offline
Adviser

Loc: Northeastern WI
You go Lady!! All of us should just let them get their work done and when it comes out, it comes out. Speculation is fine and all but we need to leave the game makers alone, this way it will speed up the release process:D

#135917 - 04/29/08 06:44 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: Tobie]
An81angel Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Tobie
Geez! It's amazing how much stuff people make up in here about VV3. I'm sure LDW knows how to update a progress bar. They said Spring 2008. Carla said they won't give us an exact date. I'm not the most patient person, either, but I don't think it helps anyone to make stuff up. People just get upset over nothing. \:o

First off I want to explain why my current post is so long. It's because I want to make sure that people don't misunderstand my meaning. I don't have the skill to convey my thoughts w/ concise and clear phrasing ... so long ones are what I end up w/.

What did I "make-up"? I simply speculated on a date. Speculation is nothing more than an educated guess. And since this thread is titled "When can we expect VV3 to be released?" my speculatory release date is something to be expected, but not meant to be taken as fact. And why bring Carla into this. Her, saying that she wont give us an exact date, does not mean I am not allowed to speculate on a date, and that I am not allowed to put my speculation on the board for others to speculate on. And if such a thing is frowned on, then this entire thread, and any like it, should be removed/banned from the forums all together by the administrators.

As far as my comment on the progress bar goes, I was just saying that if I was in LDW's position ... I would pool all the time (including the presentation to other companies etc.) into the progress bar's overall calculation. That way the percentage would reflect an approximate time for the products release. It would be confusing, in my opinion, not to include such information into the time calculation. For instance, if the progress bar is only for game production time, but does not include game release time people might get confused and frustrated thinking that the game is going to be release the second it has finished its production run. My thought is a basic assumption that many other post-ers may or may not have come up with on their own, I just put mine up for viewing. I was in no way shape or form implying that LDW does not know how to update their progress bar.

Spring, of any given year, is three months. People who are easily excitable (like me) enjoy and fret over possible release dates ... it's just what we do. We need a place to vent our ecstatic anticipation, or else we feel we might bust open. That is what I thought this particular thread was all about ... a place for me to debate dates w/ other like-minded VV enthusiast. Your post makes me feel as though I have done something wrong, even though I have not. And now, some silly thought in the back of my head, is of me expecting to get a reprimand from a representative of LDW about a speculative comment. Speculative ... repeat after me ... speculative.

Further more, you say that "people just get upset over nothing, but how can you expect me not to be annoyed when you're implying that my comments don't help anyone, and that I "make stuff up"? Your comments on my post (the post that you replied off of which can not be seen here in this new post) seem counter productive.

Maybe you didn't mean to project your thoughts at me in particular. Maybe your post was meant as a general comment. For these reasons I want to make it clear that I am not mad at you, I am just annoyed at the way your post seems to be directed at me, and that 'said post' is not a pleasant one for me to read. And as such, this one probably will not be pleasant for you to read.

This post may seem like over kill to a lot of people, but this is just how my brain works. If I don't get my thoughts out their ... if I feel like my voice isn't fully heard and understood I will end up in a bad mood for days. So please, taking this all into account, make nice 'implication free' comments from here on out.

Thank you for taking the time to read all the way through these 'ramblings of a crazy person'. (<--- This is my attempt at making this post seem a little more friendly than I'm sure it actually came across as. Like I said, I'm not mad ... I am blunt, honest, and direct - which can come off as mad or rude.)

*** EDIT ***
I have never knowingly distracted an LDW game maker from their work, but anyhting is possible. \:\?
I envy heatherndan's ability to effortlessly say what I mean so elequently. Thank you ... your an inspiration

Edited by An81angel (04/29/08 06:54 PM)

#135921 - 04/29/08 06:56 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: An81angel]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
First off, you should know that many people using the forums either opt for the "Quick Reply" feature at the bottom of a thread, which automatically uses the post immediately above to reply to, or they just hit the Reply button in the last post for convenience. I wouldn't get too upset about that.

To address your concerns about the progress bar, we do consider everything when updating it. We don't always use the same percentages for every game, but the progress bar is intended to give our fans some idea of when the game will be released.

There have been a lot of valid points made here. As far as speculation and debate is concerned, it's all good until it starts creating extra work for us. Then it's not as much fun. \:\)

#135938 - 04/29/08 07:36 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: Jonesy]
Complexity Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Jonesy
I would rather wait till August if it means that all the bugs were out of the game then play a game that was rushed out...

My thoughts exactly. \:\)

I enjoy the games, but they are simply games. The people writing the software are people just like the rest of us. They have families, other interests, and lives of their own outside of writing the code for the software. It's great there is so much enthusiasm — which is an excellent sign of a game's popularity — but part of the fun of waiting IS the anticipation of waiting (okay, it is for me! \:\) ). It's like being a kid again just waiting for Christmas morning to finally come (if you "do" Christmas). If it all happens too fast, then you lose the fun of the build-up that the anticipation creates.

I am thankful that those who design and code the software are SO very much involved and in touch with us. That is not very common. Most of the time those who own the software are not heard from on a board; rather, only volunteer moderators do what they can to keep things in line. Here, you can actually speak to someone in charge of the actual games! Kudos to LDW for being so gracious to give us such a wonderful opportunity!

I'm very much looking forward to VV3, but while I wait, I continue to enjoy VV2 by finding new ways to explore the game. There are always more to explore than what meets the eye. ;\)

As far as bugs are concerned, envision what it would be like for VV3 to finally be released, you get all excited and begin playing, get halfway through, and the whole thing crashes due to an unforeseen _bug_. Now that would not be fun at all! Talk about people getting mad! So it is in everyone's best interest that LDW takes all the time it needs — even if it's very hard to wait — so they can release a game that meets all of our high expectations. If that means taking longer to release VV3, then so be it.

Hey, I'm just happy that there will be a VV3 at all! \:D

BTW, An81angel, you expressed yourself very well. I understood you completely. Keep enjoying the fun (and frustration!) of waiting, anticipating, and speculating. It's all good. 8\)

#136011 - 04/29/08 10:00 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: Complexity]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
I would prefer for VV3 to come out soon, but not if it means having many bugs in it.

#136014 - 04/29/08 10:05 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: halidog]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
I agree with halidog 100%. why would anyone want to play a game that shuts off after a certain point or that you can never win because of glitches?

#136035 - 04/29/08 10:52 PM Re: When can we expect VV3 to be released? [Re: HarryFan17]
Antheia Offline
Adviser

Loc: The USA
Yeah...
I dont like glitches in games.
I have a game and it has a glitch.:(
At least I THINK it does.I followed EVERY guide online and my thing wont work!!
Anyways,I think that you should have a game with ZIPTO glitches later, than a one sooner that has glitches.

Page 44 of 61 < 1 2 ... 42 43 44 45 46 ... 60 61 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter