Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 357 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 6 of 32 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31 32 >
Topic Options
#122129 - 03/04/08 03:16 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: eyeshigh]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Yes, true, the first amendment in the Bill of Villager Rights.

#122152 - 03/04/08 07:48 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Jazzo]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
Originally Posted By: Jazzo
I think that it should be this:

Article 6:
Things that can have either good or bad effects, such as events, stews, and the gong, do not fall under these categories and the player must use his/her own judgement.

I think if you know the outcome of the stew, and it is toxic, it is an offence to the spcv - don't know if that is already so.

#122158 - 03/04/08 10:15 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Jazzo]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Originally Posted By: Jazzo
Incorrect. The events have a choice to be safe and a choice to take a chance.

Originally Posted By: Krystal
...There happen to be two events that can or do have bad effects without a choice!
The Flash Flood and The Dense Fog.
True, The Dense Fog can have a good effect, but not so with The Flash Flood!

And you forget the Rats!! Spoiler (highlight the following): Twice in a week, the rats invaded my tribe!! Half of the population, around 60 villagers, became sick with a health bar very low and they stayed weakened after being healed!! End of spoiler. This is an event with very bad effects, very hard for the villagers and without choice at all!!

Shall we ask to take it out? No, because as the gong's effects, it is something out of our control! You may do not ring the gong of course as you may do not open the game, so no bad events could happen!

I think it's a false process!!

Edit: Well, for the peace of everybody, I agree for a

First Amendment to the Article 5:
Things that can have either good or bad effects, such as events, stews, and the gong, do not fall under these categories and the player must use his/her own judgement.

Edited by laurence (03/04/08 10:20 AM)

#122179 - 03/04/08 03:48 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Originally Posted By: eyeshigh
By the same logic VI, there are some harmful events, so they should not be allowed to have events. Keeping the game paused would indeed keep anything bad from happening to the villagers

Well I agree, it needs to be worded differently. And sorry eyeshigh, I love you, but your logic is at fault here. We do not choose when an event happens, and we do not chose which event occurs. So we do not have a choice in that matter. The gong however you have a choice. Do I ring the gong, or do I not. You have complete control over the matter. It is comparing apples to oranges.

And please note, I’m not saying don’t ring the gong. That is part of the game, and one of the items that makes this game fun. But if you want to treat the villagers as if they are real, have feelings, feel pain, love and so on, why would anyone ever ring it? I think it would be very hypocritical to have article five as it was and still ring the gong. And it does appear others have came to that same conclusion.

Good job SPCV members!

On Edit: Added the quote I was commenting about so not to confuse anyone.

Edited by TheVillageIdiot (03/04/08 06:04 PM)

#122185 - 03/04/08 04:35 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I agree VI - I was making a point with it myself lol

The only way to keep events from happeneing is to pause the village, which also deprived them of their natural lives....

I was trying to point out that an exception clause for the gongs would be necessary

#122259 - 03/04/08 10:14 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: eyeshigh]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
Yes. I agree.

#122291 - 03/05/08 01:04 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: eyeshigh]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Vegetarian or Vegan? Do you wish to play the game as it is intended (complete with gong/stews/events) and MINIMIZE the possible harmful effects i.e. get doctors busy, make healing stews etc. OR do you wish to try and avoid ALL harm (a nearly impossible task) by never ringing the gong/making new stews etc etc etc???????

I just reread my proposed changes to article 5 and the addition of article 6 and believe that they solve this conflict as written. Here they are again:

I propose Article 5 be amended to read as follows:
All members of the SPCV should try to ensure peace and harmony in the life of their villagers. This includes but is not limited to ensuring an adequate supply of food; rest and love.

and add Article 6
Ringing the Gong of Wonder can have both good and bad effects. The same is true for many island events. Members should exercise due diligence to minimize the harmful effects caused by acts of nature and or the gong.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#122314 - 03/05/08 03:04 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: HelloWorld!]
VVFanatic Offline
Guru

Loc: Texas
I am definatley joining this is great I PROMISE to never be cruel or injure any villager ever

VF2 -80%

#122342 - 03/05/08 08:46 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
SPCV Announce

We are proud and happy to inform you that we have some new members:

372Strawberry642 ( ex HelloWorld)
Arthur
Loki is sorry
Ttypical
VVFanatic

And coming soon, an amendment to the Article 5 of the Villagers Bill of Rights

Edited by laurence (03/05/08 09:31 AM)

#122461 - 03/06/08 01:10 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
Village Idiot Jr Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: Basketball Court
yay! the more the merrier!

Page 6 of 32 < 1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 31 32 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter