Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com, CrazyMazie
30725 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30725 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 28 of 41 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40 41 >
Topic Options
#19718 - 10/26/06 09:35 AM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

As a twin, I have to say that idea really doesn't work for me. It really kind of bothers me, in fact. Really.

I can elaborate on why if you like.

Edited by Tzigone (10/26/06 09:36 AM)

#19719 - 10/26/06 01:01 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
My dad is a twin, his older sister is a twin, my cousings (several sets) are twins. Some of them embrace the idea and do everything together and won't go anywhere without the other one, some want nothing to do with being a twin and try very hard to be seperate from their sibling. My younger cousins (and their older sister actually) dress alike all the time. If they don't wear the exact same thing they have a common color, or a common style. A set of my second cousins are identical twins, and spent the first 15 years of their lives being confused with the other one, so they go out of their way to not be alike now. They don't listen to the same kind of music, they don't talk to the same people. Even though they get along and really care about each other, they hate being treated like one of a set.

My suggestion was for a random like/dislike, not something for every twin to have. Just something else to add a little "flavor" to the game.

#19720 - 10/26/06 04:41 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Tzigone Offline
Expert

My problem that you either have them so copdependent one can't work while the other nurses or so hateful that they won't even speak to each other or work together. Most exist in a happy medium.

I don't dress like my sister. Haven't since we could pick out own clothes in the morning. Last time we wore identical outfits was first-grade picture day. But we are alike, we get along, we are each others best friend, we have the same job, but at different places, and would like to work together.

I just think you are going way, way too far in extremes.

#19721 - 10/26/06 07:53 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
I know most twins get along well and are not like little clones of each other. I was thinking it would just add a little something to the game if on occassion, a set of twins either liked or disliked being twins. Like the frustration of having a the character who likes to do laundry and drives you insane because he is always wandering off from what is really important - just something to make it more varied.

#19722 - 11/05/06 10:30 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
rubymom Offline

Loc: Texas via AZ and NM
Is it possible to have the elders hair turn grey after they hit a certain age? I notice as they age their movements slow down, but it would be great to see how many elders you have in the village without having to go through the detail log.
I noticed that the builders, farmers, and healers stay healthier longer than the researchers, as they age. That is cool, but maybe exercising for the reasearchers would help them stay healthier longer.
When a master (in their craft) teaches maybe the person or people they teach or talk to, level could go up because of the teaching.
I think it is fine for the elders to have children, sometimes you have to keep the young ones working!, but can they stay alive long enough for the babies to be born. It is sad when they die and you lose the baby.
When the villagers have a trait, could the trait from one or the other parent be passed on to the kids? I only have one runner in the village and would love for her to pass that trait on, or at least have a fifty fifty chance. That would include the chance for hair color depending on mom or dad. I know that right now they can sometimes pass on their craft.
That is my wish list for now. Santa (Arthur,Carla)Clause!

#19723 - 11/07/06 04:55 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
To be more realistic, instead of mothers caring for the babies, after they go indoors they could, become pregnant and then after nine months, the baby is like a kid and runs around. Even better, there could be a nursery for the babies after nine months. Also, maybe the kids should have a "school schedule and all go to school at the same time, without you having to hit the drum. Also, they could actually LEARN SOMETHING at school.

#19724 - 11/07/06 05:47 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
scrappydu2 Offline

It would be great to be able to see the "health" monitor for the selected villagers without having to go to detail.

The suggestion of being able to see the length of time a mother will be nursing by mousing over her is also great.

PLEASE have people wander off to the grave area or some other area in the village to die. The sight of nursing moms sitting on top of decomposing bodies is just plain gruesome!!!

LOL....drop the laundry...nothing irritates me more than seeing my Scientists do laundry when Im trying to get tech points

Also like the idea of the campfire, the building of the boat and the opportunity to start over with the group who sailed away in the boat. Additional building projects would add fun to the game...

There have been a ton of great suggestions made for additional behaviors! Can't wait to see VV2! Kudos to LDW for a great job on the current VV version as well as on Fish Tycoon!

#19725 - 11/07/06 06:09 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
someone Offline
Adviser

some people have suggested night and day,but i found a problem with that..if you are on 2x speed,1 year=1 hour,meaning one day= about 10 seconds....Who would want night every ten seconds???

#19726 - 11/08/06 11:35 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
porcelainxX Offline

Not so much a suggestion but...
Fix the glitch with the cactus?
It's pretty annoying that my master doctor is 'eating' the cactus, among other things.

#19727 - 11/09/06 01:08 PM Re: Additional behaviors: submissions opened!
mzcason Offline
Adviser

Loc: Orlando, FL
Be able to train Hunters for meat (lions, tigers, and bears, oh my

people with master skills can train(teach) others. So when your away for a while and your kids grow up they can be working instead of wondering around for something to do.

The kids can collect coconuts from palm trees, or train the thieving monkeys to get coconuts.

Discoverers to discover new parts of the island so you can expand your village until the whole island is yours. Over the years they continue to learn new technology to upgrade builds and eventually discover the wheel, fire, etc.

Explorers and/or Merchants that sail off and find oils, new medicines, silk, etc.

I like the day/night thing, You can trigger day/night on/off in options.

How about sons that look just like their dad automatically have the same name as their dad with Jr attached. III, IV, V, etc.

Once a population gets to a certain point, how about couples actually getting married and automatically breed with each other until they die off. I don't know that idea is kind of lame.

How about events like hurricanes, tidal waves, earthquake. And things like, people that are drowning and you can throw an expert swimmer in the water to save them. Buildings catch fire and you have to drag the people to water so they can put it out in time. Events that happen and you have to actually do something to stop it.

Doctors are responsible for burying the dead, not everybody. It's stupid to have 90 people stop what they're doing to bury 1 person.

Page 28 of 41 < 1 2 ... 26 27 28 29 30 ... 40 41 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter