Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 203 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Legally playing Palm OS/Pocket PC games + H.M VV5?
by lorsieab2
09/09/24 06:33 AM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
DazedAlchemist, SablesauntieTJ, Bindy, calemari, ASARDigital.com
30726 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30726 Members
78 Forums
19393 Topics
186960 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#115238 - 01/01/08 08:20 PM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: Jazzo]
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Valley, CA
Originally Posted By: Jazzo
Actually, the word was originally written in hebrew letters which are different. The spelling is translated from Hebrew characters to this alphabet, and there is no correct spelling.

Ah. Nondirect translation. I can certainly understand that. (Mutters: my native language has NO written language at all.) That explains why there are so many mutations of the same word out there, eh?

#115245 - 01/01/08 08:39 PM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: Rainbowfish]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Though I'm Ashkenazi, I say and Shabat instead of Shabas while I say Bemitzvosov. And in the same Bracha.

#115255 - 01/01/08 10:46 PM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: Rainbowfish]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Originally Posted By: Rainbowfish
You might not be Jazzo, but it's sort of meant for everyone that celebrates Chanukah/Hanukkah. \:\) I'm glad you like it!

OT: You seem knowledgable about Hebrew terms. Menorah and chanukiyyah, they are spelled right? And what of the holiday name? I've seen it spelled Hanukah, Hanukkah, Chanukah, and Chanukkah. Which is correct? Or is it sort of dependent on various sects of Judaism?

Well I love it; thank you. LOL, Yes, it does depend on the spelling. A Menorah can be an any numbered branch candle holder. A Hanukkiah (my husband spells it Chanukkiah) is only used during Hanukkah because it holds nine candles. Spellings often depends on the sect of Judiasm as well as cultural and tradition. My husband and I are Sepherdic and our roots are Middle East. Therefore there are things we do and say that are different. But there are some rules that are hard and fast. My adopted father, a rabbi, teaches the anicent Hebrew, which is what I am learning; this is why I am so picky As that's the beauty of our faith. Like a beautiful tapestry. Of course, being a Tapestry Maker, I would say that \:\)

Edited by MochaJew (01/01/08 10:58 PM)

#115330 - 01/02/08 11:19 PM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: MochaJew]
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: MochaJew

Well I love it; thank you. LOL, Yes, it does depend on the spelling. A Menorah can be an any numbered branch candle holder. A Hanukkiah (my husband spells it Chanukkiah) is only used during Hanukkah because it holds nine candles. Spellings often depends on the sect of Judiasm as well as cultural and tradition. My husband and I are Sepherdic and our roots are Middle East. Therefore there are things we do and say that are different. But there are some rules that are hard and fast. My adopted father, a rabbi, teaches the anicent Hebrew, which is what I am learning; this is why I am so picky As that's the beauty of our faith. Like a beautiful tapestry. Of course, being a Tapestry Maker, I would say that \:\)

Aaaah, I see. It's kind of like several dialects within the overarching language, yes? \:\)

Tapestry Maker? What is that? I know what a tapestry is in general, just not sure of context...

#115536 - 01/04/08 08:57 PM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: Rainbowfish]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Aaaah, I see. It's kind of like several dialects within the overarching language, yes? \:\)
Yes \:\)

Tapestry Maker? What is that? I know what a tapestry is in general, just not sure of context...

I am a needlewoman(cross-stitch) The pieces I make are so big, they are called tapestry.
[/quote]

Edited by MochaJew (01/04/08 08:59 PM)

#115602 - 01/06/08 12:29 AM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: MochaJew]
Rainbowfish Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: MochaJew
Originally Posted By: Rainbowfish

I am a needlewoman(cross-stitch) The pieces I make are so big, they are called tapestry.

Wow. That sounds cool - you must show us some of your work if you have a camera!

Edited by Gamemastr1 (02/28/08 04:53 AM)

#115615 - 01/06/08 02:02 AM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: Rainbowfish]
Tmac Offline
Master

mocha, i would love to see your work also !!
i don't know if a picture would capture stick work that well
but i would still love to see it ! \:D

#115904 - 01/08/08 12:58 AM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: Rainbowfish]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

I just finished a piece. I do have a cameria. I shall do my best

#115986 - 01/08/08 07:45 PM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: MochaJew]
Airstream Raider Offline

Loc: blululup. Im not telling you!
even though its far past Chanukah and im not jewish its still great to see what peeps can do with LDW games. good job \:D

tgff (ThankGoodnessForFrosting)

#115991 - 01/08/08 08:09 PM Re: For Jazzo - Happy Chanukah! (Spoilers) [Re: Airstream Raider]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Originally Posted By: Airstream Raider
even though its far past Chanukah and im not jewish its still great to see what peeps can do with LDW games. good job \:D

I would totality agree. Such creative spirits upon this form.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter